IGNORED

rest of my auctions begin to end today at 7:05 P.M. Eastern Time!

homerwannabee

I'll stick to playing Big Bang Bar and Addams Family on Visual PinMAME, thanks.

Although I really ought to get my Black Knight and Gorgar out of storage and working again...

Anyway, one might notice that those paying big bucks for circa 1900 cast iron banks and toys these days didn't exactly grow up with them...

Of course you will stick to EMU's, you only post on collector\gamer forums to start shit. Thats quite clear from your total Atari Age post history which is 13 pages in the marketplace bitching about anything you can to start shit and less than 1 page total in all other forums combined. :ponder:

You are the one starting it, hypocritical potty mouth big man. If I "only" post to start poopy, in what way did this last post do that? You are proven wrong right there.

How many pinball machines do you own? My collection, not just of video games, is world class, I just don't need my ego stroked by showing it off.

I find auctions interesting, what's it to you? My busy life doesn't leave me room to read every forum. And how many times do I have to remind you that I stopped pointing out even the funny grammar mistakes months ago?

This attack was uncalled for.

Edited by lemoncurry

Although I really ought to get my Black Knight and Gorgar out of storage and working again...

Anyway, one might notice that those paying big bucks for circa 1900 cast iron banks and toys these days didn't exactly grow up with them...

I almost bought a Black Knight a few years back but it needed too much work, they wouldn't budge on the price either..... GorGar is OK but not really my style. I seem to remember a Black Knight Deluxe that was pretty cool as well, I am not sure if that was the name or not :?

You're thinking of Black Knight 2000, aka BK2K. I like Gorgar as it was the first talking pin and the one I used to blow the most quarters at in the bar I hung out in right after I was old enough to go there.

Even though it's been stored for years, I can still hear him saying "Me Gorgar. Beat me." (Though the B was always kind of soft, to me and my friends it always sounded like "Eat me"!)

Could a thread possibly get more off topic?

Sure it could, pinballs are at least electronic too! We could talk about politics, recipes, LOST, lots of more off-topic things! ;)

And I'm sure Homer doesn't mind the bumps!

Black Knight 2000 rules, but mine has a ROM board problem and lock issue =(

I almost bought a Black Knight a few years back but it needed too much work, they wouldn't budge on the price either..... GorGar is OK but not really my style. I seem to remember a Black Knight Deluxe that was pretty cool as well, I am not sure if that was the name or not :?

You're thinking of Black Knight 2000, aka BK2K. I like Gorgar as it was the first talking pin and the one I used to blow the most quarters at in the bar I hung out in right after I was old enough to go there.

Even though it's been stored for years, I can still hear him saying "Me Gorgar. Beat me." (Though the B was always kind of soft, to me and my friends it always sounded like "Eat me"!)

YES!

Black Knight 2000 is the one. I have played it only a few times but it was pretty cool. I think the next pin I am getting is either a Charlies Angels (one that I grew up with at a local church that is rumored to be going up for sale soon since it needs repairs) or a really cool one called Frankenstein that I found at a local pin shop for a decent price, $1500, have to make room for it though and it's tough to get rid of something else.....

whatever happened to the A2 cart did it sell or not?

Bruce

It sold. :cool: :D

Congratulations! Hey, I have a question about your comics. Now that you know they've been touched up is it obvious?

y-bot

Actually I can't tell the difference. All four of the comics were lightly touched up and and restoration was not extensive. I sent these comics in to be graded back in November. I just got them back recently. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. You live and learn I guess. As far as Atlantis II is concerned, it is freeing not to have two of them any more. I kept two of them mainly because no one else had two and somehow I thought I was cool because of it. But people saw me as a hog and I think it backfired. I was surprised I did not get any offers from the people who have actually posted that they wanted this game. Most of the legit offers were from people who I did not know wanted the game. This thing is not like Pepsi Invaders. You will never see Atlantis II changing hands 7 times in one year. In fact I doubt that this will change hands again for a very very long time. Most of the collectors who have this are lifetime collectors who will not sell theirs, and most of the non-collectors who have this were original contestants. If they still have it 25 years after the contest most likely this is something that they are planing to hand down to their children. It is the only Atari 2600 game I know of that has more sentimental value to the Original Owner than to the collector. So if you are someone who is going by the "Just wait until another one comes up." Then you might be waiting a very long time.

Edited by homerwannabee

whatever happened to the A2 cart did it sell or not?

Bruce

It sold. :cool: :D

Congratulations! Hey, I have a question about your comics. Now that you know they've been touched up is it obvious?

y-bot

Actually I can't tell the difference. All four of the comics were lightly touched up and and restoration was not extensive. I sent these comics in to be graded back in November. I just got them back recently. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. You live and learn I guess. As far as Atlantis II is concerned, it is freeing not to have two of them any more. I kept two of them mainly because no one else had two and somehow I thought I was cool because of it. But people saw me as a hog and I think it backfired. I was surprised I did not get any offers from the people who have actually posted that they wanted this game. Most of the legit offers were from people who I did not know wanted the game. This thing is not like Pepsi Invaders. You will never see Atlantis II changing hands 7 times in one year. In fact I doubt that this will change hands again for a very very long time. Most of the collectors who have this are lifetime collectors who will not sell theirs, and most of the non-collectors who have this were original contestants. If they still have it 25 years after the contest most likely this is something that they are planing to hand down to their children. It is the only Atari 2600 game I know of that has more sentimental value to the Original Owner than to the collector. So if you are someone who is going by the "Just wait until another one comes up." Then you might be waiting a very long time.

So is it going to remain a mystery how much it sold for? Cart prices interest me :) Many old threads never say the selling price of the game so it is cool to post it for reference in the future.

I bought it. I made him an offer some time ago - less than his last asking price.

Thank god. I was about to buy the damn thing just to put an end to these threads.

:P

Don't we all but don't hold your breath as he still has the one with documents worth $250,000.00

Come on Crunchy cash in that retirement fund and take one for the team!