IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

^ Why does that look like a Genesis cart and not a SMS cart?

Because that is the EverDrive-MD, not the Master EverDrive.

Thanks, apparently I'm getting confused by the EverDrive naming conventions, or lack thereof...

Yeah I don't name them, the guy who created the boards does. I have suggested different names, but he was not interested. Here is a break down:

EverDrive-MD = Genesis/Mega-drive (Can also play Master System games on Genesis/MD and 32X games if you have 32X add-on)

Super EverDrive = SNES/Super Famicom

Master EverDrive = Master System (Can also play SG-1000 games on Master System)

EverDrive-GG = Game Gear

• Like 1

Sweet, are you going to offer the USB version in your store?

We can special order you a USB version, but we have no plans on carrying it. Unless you are developing games for the system the USB does not add any functionality that you can't do with the regular version. Its a common misconception that the USB allows you to update firmware, this is not the case. You still need USB blaster and JTAG to update firmware. Basically the USB allows you to flash ROM directly from PC to cart using special software. So this would be an advantage if you are a homebrew developer, but really not worth it otherwise.

So if you want a USB Deluxe version PM me or e-mail support@stoneagegamer.com and we can special order one for you. It will cost $20 more and we don't provide USB cable. If you want just USB board version it is $15 more.

Another question on the SMS Master Everdrive. Does it play Game Gear ROMs on an SMS?

Thanks,

-Jason

No. Game Gear has much higher color palette than SMS.

Thanks.

Some GG games won't run at all. Some run but with funky colors. I guess it's probably not worth trying to figure out which ones work & how well they might work...

Thanks,

-Jason

• 2 weeks later...