IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

I should have ED64 boards in a few weeks. I hope to have Deluxe version ready by this time, but it may take another week or at worse two weeks. I want to release this as a complete product. First runs of other ED Deluxes did not have printed manuals like they do now. I don't want to do that with ED64. One thing I can say is the Deluxe will be quite a bit cheaper than 64driver's current $200 price tag and it will come with colored cart (either black or dark blue, colors may be option or I may just only do one color), 8GB SDHC card (16 & 32GB will be upgrade options), plastic case, printed manual, and some other goodies.

Sounds pretty great! Thanks for the reply.

just ordered the everdrive64, can't wait for it. meanwhile, has anyone seen this yet?

Neo Geo Pocket Color USB Linker Bung Flash Development

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3207124750661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320712475066&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

http://ngpc.freeplaytech.com/

This looks amazing, the Bung NGPC flash kit is getting expensive and hard to find these days. Thanks for posting it.

So.... this is a long thread and I can't read all of it. Has anybody updated the the actual list on any of these posts? I see the original list hasn't been updated in around 3 years.

I finally sent a pm to CPUWIZ to get permissions to edit it. But, I may end up spending the time on the wiki instead and get it opened up for everyone to edit.

I should have ED64 boards in a few weeks. I hope to have Deluxe version ready by this time, but it may take another week or at worse two weeks. I want to release this as a complete product. First runs of other ED Deluxes did not have printed manuals like they do now. I don't want to do that with ED64. One thing I can say is the Deluxe will be quite a bit cheaper than 64driver's current $200 price tag and it will come with colored cart (either black or dark blue, colors may be option or I may just only do one color), 8GB SDHC card (16 & 32GB will be upgrade options), plastic case, printed manual, and some other goodies.

Sounds pretty great! Thanks for the reply.

just ordered the everdrive64, can't wait for it. meanwhile, has anyone seen this yet?

Neo Geo Pocket Color USB Linker Bung Flash Development

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3207124750661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320712475066&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

http://ngpc.freeplaytech.com/

This looks amazing, the Bung NGPC flash kit is getting expensive and hard to find these days. Thanks for posting it.

So.... this is a long thread and I can't read all of it. Has anybody updated the the actual list on any of these posts? I see the original list hasn't been updated in around 3 years.

I finally sent a pm to CPUWIZ to get permissions to edit it. But, I may end up spending the time on the wiki instead and get it opened up for everyone to edit.

I'm baffled about what that NGPC thing does. I want to play all my games off one cart. Not load it each time. I've only collected USA cardboard games for the NGPC so I'd like to keep them all boxed up and pretty. I've got a few loose dupes to play with, but it isn't the same as having everything in your bathroom drawer ready when you are.

AX

Ax: the NGP thingy is currently only a USB transfer unit that can read and write the games to and from a flash cart if you have one. it also will backup and replace your game-saves from commercial carts. I asked the guy about his project plans and he did say he was going to come out with a flash cart of some kind to go with this. I don't think it will have an sd card [although he did mention he has been consulting with Igor] but I think it will have more room than the bung cart which i have that only has 32Mb of space which barely holds two games. however, that being said, much like the TG16/PCE flash cart, you can easily upload games to it via a fast usb connection on a modern computer. the Bung unit needs a parallel connection with win98.

I am ordering one just so I won't have to use the old transfer unit. I'm sure I will now get more use out of my NGP.

I asked Igor about a NGPC EverDrive awhile ago and he said it may be possible someday. That would be sweet, but right now I think he's trying to hit more major systems.

I am hoping he tackles the gameboy :) i think it would be feasible to make a single cart that could handle GB/GBC/GBA.

Remember that some of the last GBC games had "GBA Enhanced" content. There is no reason why one cart could not handle all three consoles. The only drawback would be it probably would not work on the DS Phat or DS Lite but who cares about that?

oh man an SD based cart to run the entire gameboy library... that would be so very cool. of course it would have to have all sorts of game save features, many of which exist in existing flash carts for the systems. it would totally blow the LSDJ market wide open

Edited by Mark Wolfe

I asked Igor about a NGPC EverDrive awhile ago and he said it may be possible someday. That would be sweet, but right now I think he's trying to hit more major systems.

I am hoping he tackles the gameboy :) i think it would be feasible to make a single cart that could handle GB/GBC/GBA.

Remember that some of the last GBC games had "GBA Enhanced" content. There is no reason why one cart could not handle all three consoles. The only drawback would be it probably would not work on the DS Phat or DS Lite but who cares about that?

oh man an SD based cart to run the entire gameboy library... that would be so very cool. of course it would have to have all sorts of game save features, many of which exist in existing flash carts for the systems. it would totally blow the LSDJ market wide open

I don't know the reasoning, but over on the AssemblerGames forums they said its either not possible or very hard to make a GB/GBC/GBA flash cart. Most likely if he makes one it would just be GB/GBC. There's already quite a few GBA flash carts out there for cheap.

While we are on the topic... anyone know a good GBA flash cart that fits and plays in the GameBoy Player? I like to SEE my portable games when I play them at home :D

AX

I kind of assumed they all would, but I've never tried personally...

While we're talking about platforms that need a flash cart, both the Jaguar and Neo-Geo are in need of attention. Neo-Geo cartridges are active devices, so that may not be feasible. The Jag on the other hand is always a bridesmaid but never a bride.

The jag has the Skunkboard, although they are probably not going to be produced in the future..., I hear it's great though.

I really wish someone would take on the task of the neo geo flash cart, but I am glad multicarts have come about.

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

While we are on the topic... anyone know a good GBA flash cart that fits and plays in the GameBoy Player? I like to SEE my portable games when I play them at home :D

AX

I kind of assumed they all would, but I've never tried personally...

It's my understanding they work, but most don't fit. So I need a brand or model that is the same shape as the original cartridge.

AX

AX

I have the EZ-Flash IV, and it works fine in the Game Boy Player. The cart is the same size as a GBA cart.

AX

I have the EZ-Flash IV, and it works fine in the Game Boy Player. The cart is the same size as a GBA cart.

I asked Real Hot Stuff about it and they just about yelled at me saying you can't play GameBoy on your TV, told me to go get a Game Boy advance. :lol:

AX

I don't know the reasoning, but over on the AssemblerGames forums they said its either not possible or very hard to make a GB/GBC/GBA flash cart. Most likely if he makes one it would just be GB/GBC. There's already quite a few GBA flash carts out there for cheap.

hmm, well, I certainly would not know, but if anyone could figure it out, it would be Igor. ;)

as for existing gba flash carts there is really only one that can use a microSd card filled with un-hacked roms and play them all with about 99% ability and that is the M3 Perfect. you can not get them anymore. I have one and it works great but NONE of the other GBA flash carts let you have a memory card filled with roms and just run them. the ones that claim they can all need some sort of hack or processing to get them to work. sadly, everything out these days is DS-centric.

all I know is that you can have a single cart that can run both GBA and GB/GBC roms. consider the GBA Bridge that allowed you to use a GBA flash cart on the GB/GBC. I assume the specs are out there for how those worked, all you would need to do is copy that and you should be good to go, but again, I have no real clue and I'm sure the cats over at assembler know their shit so I'm not arguing.

either way, I'd be just as happy with a GB/GBC flash cart with sd or micro-sd. I gotta believe the market for a well priced cart that had very good save ability would clean up in the LSDJ market. combine that with the normal classic gamer market and I think you'd be able to sell quite a lot of them.

put me down for at least two of them.

edit: I actually just realized I have not looked into gab flash carts for a couple years so maybe there is something out since I last shopped for them. I would love to be wrong about this so please link to anything that can be purchased currently that can play un-modified gba roms from a memory card that works on any GBA/SP/DS

Edited by Mark Wolfe

AX

The M3 Perfect! hard to find though. best gba flash cart ever. never understood why the design did not take off. it is a little finicky with saves but man is that a great cart and it fits the gameboy player just fine

edit: it actually came with several shells you could put it in so that it would fit normal SP/GBA or fit the DS/DSL

Edited by Mark Wolfe

I actually just realized I have not looked into gab flash carts for a couple years so maybe there is something out since I last shopped for them. I would love to be wrong about this so please link to anything that can be purchased currently that can play un-modified gba roms from a memory card that works on any GBA/SP/DS

I've been looking around for about an hour, and it seems like everyone still considers the m3 perfect to be the best. People are just going with the other solutions since they are cheaper and easier to find. Looks like I'm going hunting:)

I actually just realized I have not looked into gab flash carts for a couple years so maybe there is something out since I last shopped for them. I would love to be wrong about this so please link to anything that can be purchased currently that can play un-modified gba roms from a memory card that works on any GBA/SP/DS

I've been looking around for about an hour, and it seems like everyone still considers the m3 perfect to be the best. People are just going with the other solutions since they are cheaper and easier to find. Looks like I'm going hunting:)

If you find a source, be sure to let me know!

Thanks,

AX

no one has any stock of M3 Perfect so you have to see if someone will sell theirs. The Supercard SD looks like it might also work ok. dealextreme has them listed for $18 but they are not in stock. I had it email me with product updates so if they re-stock I'll get an email.

I think this proves though that a GBA solution is needed and would have a market, I don't think it would be as big as the GB/GBC market which is why i think igor should try to get it all in one cart even if it means it costs a little more.

no one has any stock of M3 Perfect so you have to see if someone will sell theirs. The Supercard SD looks like it might also work ok. dealextreme has them listed for $18 but they are not in stock. I had it email me with product updates so if they re-stock I'll get an email.

I think this proves though that a GBA solution is needed and would have a market, I don't think it would be as big as the GB/GBC market which is why i think igor should try to get it all in one cart even if it means it costs a little more.

If the cart could be used on any version of the hardware GB, GBC, or GBA for their respective games, but on one cart that would rock. Back/forward compatible.

AX

Since my M3 Perfect shit the bed, I've been using the EZ IV. It needs to use a loader to patch for saves, but the card works well otherwise. Have used in in DSLite / GBA / GBA Player.

For GBA on DS, the M3DS Real works nicely.

For GB/GBC I've got a 32Mbit Smartboy/USB flasher and ye olde Mr Flash 64M.