IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic '09

RJ

For anyone that's interested, I put up the first set of my pictures from the 2006 MGC. Note, that it does not include the museum hall. I'll be putting up pics from that in early January.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91071283@N00/...57611201169543/

Heh... I see the back of my head in 240 and 241... my wife was right there, not sure how you didn't get her... probably stepped away for a minute.

This is an awesome show. You won't be disappointed. If you can go, you should. I am driving up from Chicago and I plan to have a lot to sell. I got a booth the week after the last MWGC.

you can look for my table right across songbird and by jagfest table(it's not announced yet but will be soon)

I'm not driving,but I'm going be there via mega bus and shuttle(over cost for travel is 90.00(5.00 metra weekend pass,8.00 megabus,70.80 shuttle)

just have to book my room(will be doing that tomarrow)

Perkar from DP and myself are setting up as Beef Min Games at DP. On my end I'm planning on bringing a bunch of nice assorted Genesis hardware, ~150 NES games, and a bunch of other assorted gaming stuff that I want to pare down. I'm looking to do some wheeling and dealing, especially on 2600 stuff I don't already have. IIRC Ianoid ended up with a fair chunk of my money last year :)

Just a quick update for everyone -- you'll be seeing an announcement on the site very soon about a new sponsor... Sony has joined us to help promote the fun of electronic gaming, and are giving us some great stuff to pass on to gamers who are coming out to the show. Not just will the door prize for one of the days be for a Playstation 3 with a copy of Killzone 2 (which I hear is absolutely amazing), but Sony is sending us well over 1000 t-shirts to give away to the first people through the doors on Saturday!

If you pre-order tickets, you will be guaranteed one shirt per ticket (or two day ticket) ordered, and we are only going to have tickets on sale until next week Friday, so if you've been thinking about it but haven't bought yet, now there is an even better reason than before to sign up!

We've got a lot more tricks up our sleeve this year too, as this will definitely be the biggest and best Midwest Gaming Classic ever! Hope to see everyone at the show!

oh boy another badge to add to my collection on my name tag necklace(already got one coming from dp,plus the official mgc badge and now the AA)

as for Atarifest: maybe you can try to get some games that was made with Batari basic using vitrual bB IDE for programing games.

and not take anything away from AF, I can confirm that at the AVC Online table at the Jagfest section, We will have three Jagfest issues with new covers

on display(#3-5, #1 and 2 didn't get a new cover yet,#6 is being worked now and won't be done till after MGC, #7 is going to get overhaul after MGC

(and it won't referred by Last jagfest issue anymore with plans to have 5 year special issue to be in the works every 5 years)

I will be there on Sat (and introducing my wife to all this Classic madness). This is my first classing gaming show of any kind, ever...pretty pumped and ready to spend some coin on boxed 2600 games. I'd love to meet many of you in person at a AA gathering as well. :) Is Albert coming up from da South for this?

I'm looking to wrap up my 7800 set while at MGC. I need about 14 boxes, including all of the Absolute/Activision stuff and Atari stuff like Basketbrawl, Xenophobe, Planet Smashers, Mario Bros., Summer Games, etc... If you happen to bring any of aforementioned boxes along, you can bring them to the Beef Min Games booth and hopefully we can cut a deal :)