IGNORED

Soccer Kid, Worms for Jaguar - impressions?

Princess-Isabela

I really enjoyed my first foray with Worms last night...I can already tell it's going to get a lot of play time, and multiplayer use, on my jag.

I love Worms, it is one my favourite Jag games. Sometimes I play if from 9-5, usually against all the hard computer teams which make the rare victory so much sweeter - the Team 17 team are lethal.

WORMS on the other hand, I did read the manual, and eventually figure most everything out. What's up with the controls with Question marks next to them, like "center on your worm"? Were those controls ever published anywhere? I wonder why they weren't originally included by Telegames.

Not sure what you mean by this, where did you see the controls with question marks on them? As afar as I recall all the controls are listed in the manual, no question marks and they all work.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a really good experience with soccer kid tonight now that I know how to summon a new soccer ball. It's def a hard as nails 16 bit platformer. Made it through the first three levels of England but couldnt beat the rugby dude boss. Next time...:)

Agreed, a fun but difficult (to me) platformer.

Worms is a GREAT game to me, even better with a friend!

• 1 year later...

BUMP

I'm contemplating getting Soccer Kid in addition to some others from the Songbird sale. Unfortunately I can't really justify Total Carnage as I have it on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 on the Xbox (which cost me the princely sum of $25 AUD back in the day :) ). I'm still weighing up whether to get Worms as well.

Anyway, I was wondering what the consensus was as to the visual 'quality' of the game on the Jaguar. Is is comparable to the 16 bit ports, or closer to the CD32 or 3DO ports? I've tried to compare on YouTube but it's hard to tell. The CD32 / 3DO ports have a different status bar (at the bottom of the screen), but other than the music and FMV, the only real difference I've seen is this background in the 3DO version that I haven't seen in any of the videos of the Jag version.

Any thoughts from those who've played multiple versions would be appreciated. :) I have no problems paying a premium for Jag games, but I'm a little dubious if they're not quite as good as ones I can get on other platforms.

post-31639-0-04177600-1468159350_thumb.png

Edited by skip

I don't think this has been mentioned, but if you play worms with another player, you have to pass the controller back and forth.

This kills the game for me.

This is a bummer especially since it would make such nice use of the team tap. However, this is true of all versions of Worms until World Party ;the second one out for the Dreamcast.

• Like 1

WORMS... I realize this is an old post, but Worms is a pretty cool game... that said, it's basically a Jaguar version of the classic DOS shareware game, Scorched Earth for the PC.

Going off memory here because I haven't played this version in forever, but I'm pretty certain if you dig around in the options for Jag Worms, you'll see button commands for the PS1 controller, such as the square, circle, triangle etc... I think it's literally the PS1 game.

Going off memory here because I haven't played this version in forever, but I'm pretty certain if you dig around in the options for Jag Worms, you'll see button commands for the PS1 controller, such as the square, circle, triangle etc... I think it's literally the PS1 game.

It can't "literally" be the PS1 game as they use completely different processors. Could it use text/gfx from the PS1 version? Sure.