IGNORED

Regrets you may have made with your game collection?

8. NOT grabbing the Atari 5200 with the VIC controllers and trackball for $16 I saw at Goodwill yesterday!

I came to the conclusion long ago never to sell/lose/get rid of anything if at all possible but I keep doing it anyways...

Go back and get it and flip it on eBay if you don't want to keep it!

I know...I had decided this morning that I should've picked it up - hopefully it will still be there this afternoon...

8. NOT grabbing the Atari 5200 with the VIC controllers and trackball for $16 I saw at Goodwill yesterday!

I came to the conclusion long ago never to sell/lose/get rid of anything if at all possible but I keep doing it anyways...

Go back and get it and flip it on eBay if you don't want to keep it!

Ah regrets as many systems and games i have had over the years you would think i would have many of them but actually i don't.

I think now if i were to get rid of my 2600 and PC Engine games i would have some regrets so i keep telling myself " Don't get rid of your stuff you are collecting now!".

Well at lest with the classic/import stuff my Nintendo Wii would go however as i find "modern video gaming" as something i don't feel the need to hold on to as it lacks that something "special" to me.

Selling my TurboGrafx with CD attachment and games to Buy-Rite Games years ago. Especially Galaga '90!

Selling my TurboExpress with tuner attachment.

Selling my TurboDuo.

Giving away our Sears Video Arcade II system. It was nice even though the buttons stuck. Fortunately I still have some of the games.

Giving away my ColecoVision with the ADAM attachment and games. I worked by rear off to buy the Coleco and games and the ADAM a few years later. It fell out of use when I got the C128-D and eventually a PC.

I don't regret selling the Playstation, first revision Genesis or the SNES.

I feel sorry that my cousin sold his SNES and games (including a rusted tin case SF2 Turbo edition) in addition to other things like the Saturn to buy a PS2. I could have bought the SNES and some games from him had I knew.

I kinda regret getting the Dreamcast. Sure, it was cheap but I was really dissapointed with both the console titles and arcade games (specially from Sega themselves). The laser is crap too.

losing my jaguar and games, i don't remember if i sold it or if its in my parents attic somewhere.

years ago letting my younger brother (r.i.p.) borrow my copy of panzer dragoon saga. i never did find the missing disc. ugh.

not sticking with atari and moving onto the nes. i realize now that i never really liked nintendo however i think atari is the bees knees.

convincing my dad to buy a saturn instead of a psx "segas been around forever, sony's console won't last". the saturn was a great system but boy did i miscalculate system longevity.

selling a 3DO and an air-conditioner box full of 3DO, genesis and sega cd games for $80 because i needed money for concert tickets. for the record the tickets were for blind guardian, my favorite band. however this was only like 2-3 years ago, i should have known better.

I don't get rid of anything from my collection anymore (unless I have more than one) because of some of the bad decisions I've made. My worst were...

I sold my first Atari 2600, 7800, and a slew of great games (about 100), boxes, and manuals at a yard sale for $30 because I needed to buy Ultima V for the Amiga. Worst part was the guy who bought it was a complete jerk, and his son said he didn't even want it. They probably took it home and pissed on it.

I sold my C64, all kinds of hardware, and hundreds of floppys (as well as some carts and tapes) for $300 as I was saving for an A500.

I sold my A500, all kinds of hardware, and about 150 floppys for $500 as I was saving up for a PC.

The worst was my parents introduced me to a priest who brainwashed me with his crazy religious ideas. He convinced me that the devil was hiding behind RPGs, so I threw away my entire collection of RPGs for every platform, plus all my DnD stuff I had since I was a kid. When the cobwebs cleared from my head, I made a promise never to get suckered into that b.s. again. Not only was it a big monetary loss, but that was a big piece of my childhood. Gone.

I dont want to start...I dont really want to think about it......I should of never started collecting.

Id be a Millionaire!

Collecting is a recognized psychiatric disease. Compulsive hoarding, only organized and 'justified'. Many collectors have simple lives and live in hellholes; as the disease causes you to behave in ways that are not conducive to maneuvering through society in a beneficial (to yourself) manner.

The worst was my parents introduced me to a priest who brainwashed me with his crazy religious ideas. He convinced me that the devil was hiding behind RPGs, so I threw away my entire collection of RPGs for every platform, plus all my DnD stuff I had since I was a kid. When the cobwebs cleared from my head, I made a promise never to get suckered into that b.s. again. Not only was it a big monetary loss, but that was a big piece of my childhood. Gone.

That's really sad. :(

losing my jaguar and games, i don't remember if i sold it or if its in my parents attic somewhere.

years ago letting my younger brother (r.i.p.) borrow my copy of panzer dragoon saga. i never did find the missing disc. ugh.

not sticking with atari and moving onto the nes. i realize now that i never really liked nintendo however i think atari is the bees knees.

convincing my dad to buy a saturn instead of a psx "segas been around forever, sony's console won't last". the saturn was a great system but boy did i miscalculate system longevity.

selling a 3DO and an air-conditioner box full of 3DO, genesis and sega cd games for $80 because i needed money for concert tickets. for the record the tickets were for blind guardian, my favorite band. however this was only like 2-3 years ago, i should have known better.

With your Saturn, did you save most of your games?

On rare occasions, I've seen auctions where only 1 or 2 discs of PD saga are up for bidding.... my guess is people do lose these things?

I dont want to start...I dont really want to think about it......I should of never started collecting.

Id be a Millionaire!

Collecting is a recognized psychiatric disease. Compulsive hoarding, only organized and 'justified'. Many collectors have simple lives and live in hellholes; as the disease causes you to behave in ways that are not conducive to maneuvering through society in a beneficial (to yourself) manner.

I might be inclined to agree with that if someone is collecting just because, needs to have multiple copies, etc. Personally, I don't intend to "collect" anything unless I intend to play it or my son wants to. I'd like to get some of the systems I never had, and say get 5-10 of the top games that interest me.

i honestly don't know what happened to all the saturn games. i know the system is still floating around though.

i regret ditching the sega cd games. i miss the good shooters like silpheed and robo aleste. i also had all the working designs rpgs. im literally angry at myself now.

this was before i had the internet and multicarts....

I traded a Vectrex for a Jag game! about '94

trashed:

about 2+ years of Electronic Games mag. about '88

a atari 2600jr plus games! about '92

Giving away a Amiga 3000....about '03

at least i gave this one away

and not in a dumpster....

that's my top 4 so far...

stupid!!!!!

I'm smarter now....

• 2 weeks later...

Taking the eprom labels off of my robotron and ballblazer loaner carts when I was 16. The numerous 2600 carts and systems I've destroyed when I was a child. Having a 5200 I just couldn't appreciate the 2600. Trading off my NES collection with R.O.B. Cost me a couple hundred to get back my NES collection. The only thing I've kept for the last 27 years was my 5200.

• 4 years later...

A THEAD THAT SHALL BE RESURRECTED... Mine is when my cousin gave me and my sister her red Play it loud Gameboy.When i was in 5th grade summerschool,my friend asked for it and since i had a GBA sp and DS i didn't need it.Regret that now.still have the 12 or so games except Killer instint,Donkey Kong Land 2,Addams family and TLOZ Link's awakening.miss TLOZ and DKL2 aswell as Killer Instint.

3 years ago there was an apple II+ at a rummage. It had all just about everything you could ever want to go with it I'm not even going to try too list it all. It had tons of floppy's. All that for 10 bucks! I told them I was gona come back with my car to pick it up. On the way home I started thinking. I wasn't sure where I would put it, and my main focus at that time was my NES. So I never went back............. So sad. In high school I gave away my IIgs with all the bells and whistles when my parents got our first pentium 100............ I WANT IT BACK!!!

NES, SNES and N64 boxes. I collected them as they came out. I KNEW they would be worth something. I went to college, and got rid of most of them. I kinda underestimated how much I'd miss them.

I bought a Sonic the Hedgehog limited edition NGPC for 20 bucks from a local store many years ago. I sold it because I didn't like the "boring" color. Wish I didn't get rid of it, as they're now worth a ton of money for that edition.

I will say though, most of the stuff I've sold I've been happy I sold. I've really slimmed down my collection from "look at my massive collection no one single person can ever play" to " these are the games and systems I love to play on a consistent basis". I've sold a LOT of desirable stuff. But honestly, I've been pretty happy with what I've sold and what I've kept overall. Two DCs, one consolized MVS, a NGPC, PS1, Vita, Saturn and PS3. All I need right now.

Honestly, I don't have very many regrets as far as collecting. I've never been concerned with boxes, but I wish I did have more of the manuals from my older games. I'm proud to say that I still have my original NES (the Sega Master System I played as a kid was my sister's and I have no idea what happened to it), and any other game system that's been mine is still with me and is still functioning. I didn't even trade games until the N64 and PS2 came around, so I really haven't parted with hardly any of my original games either. My only real regret is not jumping on more opportunities, like buying more of the NES games when GameStop was liquidating them, and more or less cheating myself of the 16-bit era. I've been finding Genesis games at fair prices (seeing as I only recently got one) but my SNES collection is still PITIFUL...

I thumbed my manuals until they fell apart. No regrets there because they brought me a lot of joy as a kid. Wish I had taken better care of my strategy guides as some of the ones I had trade for a nice amount now.

I decided to restart Pokemon Red and wiped out my primary file besides a few choice Pokemon I had saved on Pokemon Stadium.

I miss ID 18717, we had some good times. Those Pokemon helped me beat Crystal too.

Actually I wish I had better preserved a lot of my save files. Stupid PS3 being able to back everything up. I still have my SaGa Frontier data from the late 90s and my ZOE saves from 2001 though!