SE Michigan Get Together (Sept. 12th)

Tempest

Who's Coming?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you...

• Going only to Petes
    • Going to Petes and the get together at my house

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I was wondering how things went. I hope everyone had a lot of fun! :)

Any funny moments?

Any major memories/moments that stick out?

Any good trades?

Funny moments? Hmm... after we were done playing 5-player Bomberman, Dalum's daughter kept playing in 5-player mode by herself and ended up with a "Draw Game". :)

I'm pretty sure some video of me and my wife, Mrs. Jboy, and Tempest playing Uncle Fester's electric shock game at Pinball Pete's will be surfacing eventually... :ponder:

I was actually surprised at the condition of the games at Pete's most were actually working this time.

Tempest soundly handled me at Marvel vs. Capcom... until I picked the Juggernaut! :evil: Then he destroyed me at Marvel vs. Capcom 2... Later I narrowly won a good round of air hockey... when we could keep the puck on the table. :)

Tempest's collection is quite impressive... the pics in his collection thread don't do it justice!

There were a few trades, I traded Super Baseball, Seaquest, and Gunslinger for Jboy's sealed Defender and gatefold Combat. I gave Dalum three, 24 port, 10 base/t network switches... 2 brand new in box. I was really hoping I didn't have to take them home. :D Jboy also gave my wife an Alf stuffed animal... that made her day! I traded Ernie's Magic Shapes for C64 to Tempest for 2600 Donkey Kong Jr.

Let me tell you this was the most fun i have had in a long while...So nice to finally meet a few of the wonderful people here from the Age.

Pinball Pete's was fun even if Mrs.Jboy beat my butt at Air Hockey(She is a Ace!)and i played lots of Pinball and stayed away from the actual arcade machines on this trip.

It was great watching Aftermac,his wife Mary and my wife playing on the Uncle Fester Electro-Shock machine...Mrs.Jboy even got a blister from it lol.

Dinner at the Pizza House was really nice because we could just sit down a talk with each other and get pass that "Not Really Knowing Each Other Part"so that set the stage for a really great and fun night at Tempest's house.

Tempest and his lovely soon to be wife have a beautiful home and i must say that i want to thank them so much for hosting the event and let us in there home....Awesome guys Thank you so much!

Tempest's collection in a word.....Amazing! Like AfterMac said the pics he has up here on AA does not do it justice it is just a jaw dropper.

Tempest was nice for letting me see the innerworkings of his Decco arcade cab...those little tapes are very cool and Dalum's daughter loved playing BurgerTime on it.

Playing on the Arcadia was a real treat too and i thought that Hobo game on it was pretty dang neat.

Sonic R's Xbox 360 shumps(shooters)were just great...I really liked how DeathSmiles looked thanks for bring them buddy.

Got some great trades from both Tempest and AfterMac with my highlights for me being...Metal Slug X for PS1 and Polaris for the 2600 from Tempest and Super Baseball and a very nice SeaQuest cart both for the 2600 from Aftermac.

I think 5-player Bomberman on the Turbografx-16 was a big highlight of the night with Sonic-R rocking the house on that game.

Overall it was just a great time and am looking forward to the next gathering with some old/new great friends thanks guys for a awesome day hope to see you soon. :)

Edited by jboypacman

I had a great time, it was fun having everyone over at my place afterward. I don't get many chances to play anything multiplayer (much less 5 player) as most of the friends I usually have over are non-gamers. Mrs. Tempest had a great time, she loves to entertain. Next time we'll have to go to my place earlier so we can get in more gaming.

We should really make this a monthly (or more often) thing. It was a lot of fun.

Tempest

I had a great time, it was fun having everyone over at my place afterward. I don't get many chances to play anything multiplayer (much less 5 player) as most of the friends I usually have over are non-gamers. Mrs. Tempest had a great time, she loves to entertain. Next time we'll have to go to my place earlier so we can get in more gaming.

We should really make this a monthly (or more often) thing. It was a lot of fun.

Tempest

I was thinking of a quarterly get together so we would have time to plan the when and the where sort of deal.

And already have gotten a PM about when the next meet up will be so am hoping interest will build now that we have gotten the first gathering out of the way. :)

Yeah Tempest you and the wife were fantastic hosts and the snacks were great!

Zeta said he was up for the next event too so it sounds like he had a really good time too.