IGNORED

Giant Label Variation PHOTO Website. Check it out!

Philflound

If I get time, I'll add to the list what you have with photo needed so at least I know it exists. I went and bought a full sized scanner. I found the printer/scanner/fax things are horrible and I bought one because I needed a printer and the scanner is already broken on it in a few months time. I'm finally going to catch up a bit this weekend with the Atari scans. I'll be sending Rom a few more.

Phil

Looks like I'm going to have my work cut out for me. I didn't have time this past weekend, but I'm inching my way towards working on the photo guide this weekend. Some modifications I've already done is adding info to boxes for Moon Patrol, Stargate, and Midnight Magic. I made a nice purchase of empty boxes this past week. Some new ones that will be added are 1988 Air-Sea Battle, 1987 Jungle Hunt, 1987 Realsports Boxing, 1983 Mario Bros. with a label over the address, 1985 Phoenix (front messed up bad though), and a tab flap style Asteroids. Sad thing is that I can't tell Rom which carts went with these since they were all empty. I think I have a few other boxes from M Network that are new, but that company isn't up on the site yet. I'll post updates when I make them.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

A 1986 FireWorld.

That's nice.

Could this be a gray box cart?

8)

It's possible. What I'm wondering is the Air Sea Battle 1988 box I have contained what year cart? There is no 1988 cart. Damn the person who took the games out. Actually I may contact them and ask them if they have the games and just wanted to get rid of the boxes. If there is no 1988 cart, then the 1988 box most likely contained the 1987 carts.

Phil

Just started the update and won't get much done tonight. I did find I had a brand new box variation of the Coleco Donkey Kong. This time there is no "use with" below the joystick on the back of the box. There is also "Product of Hong Kong" with no printed on the box. Definitely a strange one and now another type to look for on other Coleco boxes. It's up live already fo you to see. I'll work on the new scans presented here over the next few days before I start scanning all my new boxes. Also, it seems my photo for Donkey Kong Cart with the Made in Hong Kong I'm showing is most likely incorrect. All copies I have with the molded Made in Hong Kong on the cart has a small TM, not the large one shown in the scan. Until I can verify this, I'm going to change the photo and make a note of it in the description. If anyone has a large TM as shown currently in that first photo, let me know and I'll add another variation.

Phil

• Like 1

I think I have brought this up before, but a lot of Galaxian carts don't have a * near the galaxian logo:

post-12364-0-26384500-1328988261_thumb.jpg

Here is the scan of one of my carts

post-12364-0-62780800-1328988285_thumb.jpg

post-12364-0-54940600-1328988292_thumb.jpg

Also, notice the doubling on the letters of the end label. Not sure if this counts as a label variation, but my other one doesn't have the doubling. Same main label. The funny thing is they both have the same date codes "23 3 R" on the end label.

post-12364-0-06594400-1328988626_thumb.jpg

Edited by krypton85
  • Like 1

I think I have brought this up before, but a lot of Galaxian carts don't have a * near the galaxian logo:

post-12364-0-26384500-1328988261_thumb.jpg

Here is the scan of one of my carts

post-12364-0-62780800-1328988285_thumb.jpg

post-12364-0-54940600-1328988292_thumb.jpg

Also, notice the doubling on the letters of the end label. Not sure if this counts as a label variation, but my other one doesn't have the doubling. Same main label. The funny thing is they both have the same date codes "23 3 R" on the end label.

post-12364-0-06594400-1328988626_thumb.jpg

Doubling of the letters was probably a second lighter strike or something is my guess. I probably wouldn't count that as a variation unless I saw at least one other somewhere along the line. I'll check my copies and see what I have. I'm going to have to look into the * thing. I have one on hand and it does not have the star. I'll examine all the other in the inventory.

Phil

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 1