IGNORED

Albert's New Forum To Do List

Albert

In the normal post editor it doesn't happen. The scrollbars also don't appear, but the editor is heigher so there is no need to scroll as all the emoticons fit.

Found another glitch: The forums tab of the top level menu is not highlited when you view new content

post-15728-12511985357_thumb.png

Some minor things I noticed:

1. Why does my blog have four(!) tag clouds?

2. With Opera, the "Start New Topic" button is slightly taller than the "Add Reply" and "Stop Watching Topic" buttons. This could be the same problem as with the taller search box. Maybe due to vertical size of the icons used?

3. There seem to be at least threefour types of dark blue used:

- 0/102/153 (mostly),

- 0/120/168 (for the tabs e.g. Forums and the Pac-Man icon),

- 20/102/153 for the upper ~40% of the top bar (Have You Played Atari Today?)

- 13/109/158 for the upper half of the bottom bar.

I suppose that's not intentional?

4. Also the orange used in the buttons is (very) slightly different from the usual one.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

1. Why does my blog have four(!) tag clouds?

Good question, I saw that a few days ago. Need to look into it.

2. With Opera, the "Start New Topic" button is slightly taller than the "Add Reply" and "Stop Watching Topic" buttons. This could be the same problem as with the taller search box. Maybe due to vertical size of the icons used?

Guess I'm going to have to install Opera to take a look at that. :)

3. There seem to be at least threefour types of dark blue used:

- 0/102/153 (mostly),

- 0/120/168 (for the tabs e.g. Forums and the Pac-Man icon),

- 20/102/153 for the upper ~40% of the top bar (Have You Played Atari Today?)

- 13/109/158 for the upper half of the bottom bar.

I suppose that's not intentional?

No, not intentional and I need to go through and fix those problems. They should all be the same color. Not at the top of my priority list at the moment, though. :D

4. Also the orange used in the buttons is (very) slightly different from the usual one.

Same issue as above.

The style of the "New Content" window is pretty different to everything else. Also the order and content is different here (e.g. Forums Members).

Yes, I need to spend some time with the search system. I have no idea why the tabs are not always in the same order and sometimes there are extra tabs that shouldn't be displayed (such as an "All User Content" tab that I've seen).

..Al

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/149523-homebrew-shop-pal/page__view__findpost__p__1824531

Please check my post above. For some reason my reply is duplicated and contained inside a quote. I tried to edit it, but there is no double text.

EDIT: Found my error. I forgot the closing bracket after the timestimp. That caused a very weird result.

IIRC the previous forum warned you about missing close tags.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/149523-homebrew-shop-pal/page__view__findpost__p__1824531

Please check my post above. For some reason my reply is duplicated and contained inside a quote. I tried to edit it, but there is no double text.

There was a missing closing bracket on the first quote. Odd that it causes the text to repeat like that, but I fixed the quote tag and it now renders fine.

..Al

At the bottom right corner of the main page where it says the times... it always has "Time now" and "Last visited" as the same time until I hit "mark forums as read". Then "Last visited" updates to the actual last time I was on the forum.

At the bottom right corner of the main page where it says the times... it always has "Time now" and "Last visited" as the same time until I hit "mark forums as read". Then "Last visited" updates to the actual last time I was on the forum.

I believe this bug has been fixed in 3.0.3 (we're running 3.0.2). I'm hoping 3.0.3 will be released soon, it contains quite a few bug fixes.

..Al

Another thing I noticed:

In the email notifications, sometimes the quotes are removed, e.g. in your reply to me above. Which makes following a conversation by email almost impossible.

I think it's always supposed to remove the quotes. Email notifications aren't pretty, but they get the job done, and it's better than before since none of the text was included.

..Al

I think it's always supposed to remove the quotes. Email notifications aren't pretty, but they get the job done, and it's better than before since none of the text was included.

IIRC quotes were included. I often followed discussions by email only via my mobile phone.

And currently sometimes they are included and sometimes not.

Richard H. has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Are you going to buy a Harmony cart for the Atari 2600?".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------ QUOTE ----------
To help raise some money
-----------------------------

Why not take some money in for pre-orders ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:
http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144469&view=getnewpost

I think there's something off with the 'views' area

On the old forum it used to say 1, after you posted the thread on the new one it doesnt' say anything after you post the thread and after the 1st person has responded

Is that intentional or an 'undocumented feature'

The topic views are only updated once every three hours, as it's a fairly resource intensive task to update the database table every single time every user visits a thread. In the previous software I had this disabled, so topic views were always updated in real time. The default is to have this off and I didn't want to change it back just yet. I may write a system where topic views are cached in memory and periodically flushed to the database, but that's going to take a bit of work.

..Al