IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2010

Retro Rogue

Does anyone (preferably a non-smoker(s)) want to hitch a partial ride with me? I may end up having to go it alone again, and it isn't much fun driving from Nashville, to Milwaukee alone. I've got a caravan so I can fit a few people. I'm not flying this year, so if I go, because of the lack of return cargo ability, I'll be driving. If someone wants to come with me, you would be responsible for your own lodging. A little kick-in for gas would also be appreciated. PM me if interested. This is just an 'IF-MAYBE' idea at the moment.

AX

Does anyone (preferably a non-smoker(s)) want to hitch a partial ride with me? I may end up having to go it alone again, and it isn't much fun driving from Nashville, to Milwaukee alone. I've got a caravan so I can fit a few people. I'm not flying this year, so if I go, because of the lack of return cargo ability, I'll be driving. If someone wants to come with me, you would be responsible for your own lodging. A little kick-in for gas would also be appreciated. PM me if interested. This is just an 'IF-MAYBE' idea at the moment.

AX

I'll go with you, but only if you let me smoke cigars in the back seat. :evil:

Finally got confirmation from my boss that I can have the weekend off (they like to leave me hanging I guess :sad: ) I will be there but I have to work late Friday night to make up for the weekend off so it will be an early morning Saturday drive for me. Last I heard I will be helping out in the "versus room" so if any of you chumps want to challenge me...I'll be waiting :D ;)

BTW - If anyone needs to crash on the floor of my room because the funds are a little tight for them I don't see a problem with it, just bring a sleeping bag and don't be a "sleep farter" :D

I will be looking for you Climber in the "Versus Room" not to battle but to say hi...lol.

You going to be in there all day Saturday? Am only coming for a few hours that day or so as normal so am trying to meet up with a few people if i can. :)

Not all day, depends on how quick I can make it from Minneapolis to Milwaukee. I have to work until Midnight Friday so we will probably leave around 6am Saturday morning. I'll have to mapquest and see how long it will take :)

I finished pricing all of my MGC wares tonight. Sadly, I don't have 1/4th the stuff to sell this year as I did last year, at least it doesn't feel like it. I'm going to have a dump bin of 2600/7800 dupes with some uncommon stuff thrown in, all priced to sell. There's also a lot of donor cart material in there and is priced as such. Probably going to have 40-ish PS1 games to sell, most of which are common and priced at $2-$3. Got a stack of mostly decent N64 games to get rid of as well. Also going to be selling some quality NES, SNES, and Saturn stuff though I don't have much in the way of quantity of it. All in all it is probably only enough gear to fill half of a table, but the thrifts haven't been as good to me as I'd have liked in the past year, so that's what I've got. I'll be happy if this stuff finances my beer money and bar food over the weekend :).

I'll be bringing some stuff to sell, but I don't have a table. Maybe I can mooch off one or stake claim to an empty one on Sunday?

Tempest

What kind of stuff are you bringing? This show will be my last opportunity to spend crazy before I get married so I'm looking to do just that!

I'll be bringing some stuff to sell, but I don't have a table. Maybe I can mooch off one or stake claim to an empty one on Sunday?

Tempest

What kind of stuff are you bringing? This show will be my last opportunity to spend crazy before I get married so I'm looking to do just that!

Here's my list. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/137029-tempests-classic-gaming-items-for-sale/

Tempest

Tempest

Here's my list. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/137029-tempests-classic-gaming-items-for-sale/

Tempest

Thanks for the list! Looks like the stuff I may have gone after has already sold, but I'll still check with you at the show.

ohhh crap its only less than 4 weeks away. Gotta get cracking on my portables and mods for the event.

I will be doing Atari 7800/2600 Installs and selling the mod there. I would like to build a portable "on site" but I don't know how well that will work out. Maybe get a 5200 mod working. It is designed just haven't had time to build it yet.

I am going to make some wooden faceplatesfor Guitar Hero controllers if anyone is interested.

Edited by Longhorn Engineer

ohhh crap its only less than 4 weeks away. Gotta get cracking on my portables and mods for the event.

I will be doing Atari 7800/2600 Installs and selling the mod there. I would like to build a portable "on site" but I don't know how well that will work out. Maybe get a 5200 mod working. It is designed just haven't had time to build it yet.

I am going to make some wooden faceplatesfor Guitar Hero controllers if anyone is interested.

Guess that means I'm packing my 7800 to go too!

I've been testing all my systems and monitors for The Family Game Room section I have. Unfortunately, more systems this year means more monitors and I've had to stock up. My TV / monitor inventory probably has more money sunk into it than the complete video game collection!

Yah, but with all the non-digital tv's flooding the thrift stores over the last year, it's like a kid in a penny candy store being able to stock up on them.

Yah, but with all the non-digital tv's flooding the thrift stores over the last year, it's like a kid in a penny candy store being able to stock up on them.

I would love to go with the tube TV's...yesterday I saw a beautiful Curtis Mathis piece of furniture TV that was all wood and speakers the size of a small sofa for $5.

Unfortunately, I need to fit 20 systems with 20 TV's into a single Toyota 4Runner.....carrying my two sons as well! That means I'm on a strict flat screen LCD TV diet! I sure wish the older systems looked better on LCD TV's, but you gotta live with what's possible.

I would love to go with the tube TV's...yesterday I saw a beautiful Curtis Mathis piece of furniture TV that was all wood and speakers the size of a small sofa for $5.

Unfortunately, I need to fit 20 systems with 20 TV's into a single Toyota 4Runner.....carrying my two sons as well! That means I'm on a strict flat screen LCD TV diet! I sure wish the older systems looked better on LCD TV's, but you gotta live with what's possible.

That's when it's time for a U-Haul trailer. ;) I started doing it out of cars as well the very first show, but couldn't as I expanded each year. J.D. does his out of a van yet (though I still don't know how he packs that thing up Tetris style like he does.

Heh, now I feel bad about being annoyed by just my single CRT TV last year!

Someone came up with an RGB to S-Video converter for the CoCo3, and it looks awesome on a 24" LCD. So the CoCo setup for the museum is good to go.

Ok, I'm going to be putting together badges for AA members this year again. If you're coming and want a badge, make sure and say so in this thread.

Count me in this year....I wasn't as active in AtariAge in the past and now I'm a proud card-carrying member (we have cards, right??)