IGNORED

Fancy a SpeedDrive?

candle

Way back in the day when the MyIDE was first created, I remember an internal version of it that could plug into (or rather you had to solder it to) the BASIC ROM chip instead of the system ROM socket. That might be a way around it maybe. I suppose that you could also use the cartridge version of the MyIDE hardware with an internal SDX ROM, provided the driver can differentiate between internal and external MyIDE.

I don't have an internal SDX myself, and use the Atarimax Flashcart version of SDX, so I'm ok. :)

Way back in the day when the MyIDE was first created, I remember an internal version of it that could plug into (or rather you had to solder it to) the BASIC ROM chip instead of the system ROM socket. That might be a way around it maybe. I suppose that you could also use the cartridge version of the MyIDE hardware with an internal SDX ROM, provided the driver can differentiate between internal and external MyIDE.

I don't have an internal SDX myself, and use the Atarimax Flashcart version of SDX, so I'm ok. icon_smile.gif

Someone was kind enough to donate me a cart version of MyIDE some months ago but since it was supplied with the ROM for the internal version I haven't done much with it. The external version might actually be more useful for my setup if I could work out some SDX drivers. I'll be looking into this in great detail when I get time.

I might be interested in one of these as my last two 1050s are slowly adeteriorating and I have a couple of spare 2.5" HDDs :ponder:

Q1 How would I transfer files from PC to each of these storage devices (I have SIO2USB/APE) :?:

Q2 Can I easily boot basic /a turbo basic image and work as normal from my XE :?:

Q3 For games like Ultima III that support two drives, would this system allow this to work :?:

Q4 Would it work on an A800 (48K) :?:

Thanks ;-)

A1 Simplest and the fastest way is to use SD card for PC<->Atari transfers, as software on Atari side will read FAT32 formatted SD card as its own

A2 its PBI device, so it is possible to use it with Basic

A3 would not know, but i guess it would allow this as there will be support for ATR images as well as standard partitions

A4 it would not - again, this is PBI device, so no PBI slot (XE or XL style - doesn't matter) - no fun

hope it helps ;)

Any idea on cost?

Is there enough room inside the case for and actual 2.5 inch mechanical hard disk?

Candle as far as I know does not have a set price in mind, but is looking to make it comparable or less than the SDrive NUXX...

And yes there is room for a 2.5 laptop drive in the case.

• 8 months later...

Any idea on cost?

Is there enough room inside the case for and actual 2.5 inch mechanical hard disk?

Candle as far as I know does not have a set price in mind, but is looking to make it comparable or less than the SDrive NUXX...

And yes there is room for a 2.5 laptop drive in the case.

Thanks.

I'd like one. Any updates on this?

i'm a bit tired with hardware for a while - need to switch to software a bit ;) hopefully all of us will gain on my switch

I'm still happy to self-assemble from scraps... :)

I guess you want to take a break from programming and play with hardware then. ;-)