IGNORED

Fancy a SpeedDrive?

candle

For the heck of it, riddle me this:

How can someone say on one hand "I like my 30-year old computer system." But on the other say. "I don't like this or that Dos because it is antiquated?"

In the end, it's all preferences and opinions based on preferences. (Much like politics and "which is better an Atari or a C64?")

BTW, I looked through a MyDos manual, but could not find "sucks ass" listed as a feature... ;)

-Larry

For the heck of it, riddle me this:

How can someone say on one hand "I like my 30-year old computer system." But on the other say. "I don't like this or that Dos because it is antiquated?"

In the end, it's all preferences and opinions based on preferences. (Much like politics and "which is better an Atari or a C64?")

BTW, I looked through a MyDos manual, but could not find "sucks ass" listed as a feature... ;)

-Larry

Exactly Larry... I like menu driven DOS as I am rarely if ever doing anything that a command line DOS would be better for. Each to their own I say :)

• 2 weeks later...

Candle, I notice you have a CF card, SD card, and physical HD plugged in. I assume this means the device will handle all 3 simultaneously?

Stephen Anderson

From talking to Candle in IM I believe the answer is a definite yes... However I'll let Candle answer definitively :)

definite answer is as Simon already stated ;)

Sorry for my absence on Forums these days - lots of work ahead me :(

Stephen: I got programmer for GAL chips in SS board, so its assembled now, now IO-Board, and Your VBXE2 is good to go ;)

SWEET - I'll put the machine on the workbench this weekend. I already have my 1084 monitor up here, and am working on a custom ST cable (13-pin DIN to 6-pin DIN). I'll use the same cable for my ST and VBXE machine. I thank Beetle for the idea.

Stephen Anderson

Ditto. :)

FJC wanted to write some decent GUI. But for standard GR.8 it lacks sense IMHO. Maybe someone will do something decent for VBXE.

The much talked-about GUI will provide VBXE support eventually, although the optimum screen mode would be 640x400, which can only be accomplished using interlacing. Not everyone who'll buy the PBI device will also have VBXE, I'll wager. There'll be (somewhere far down the line) a driver package for VBXE for those lucky enough to own one.

Well..... you could do 640x400 without interlacing if you had a monitor to display it. Most of our modern LCD TV screens will handle 480i and 480p thru the component input. Set up four GR.8 screens and digitize the video - run that thru a look-up table. 640x400 as you like it! You could boot in 480i and switch to 480p on the fly. The monitor will follow along. What you would lose, for the most part, is the 60hz frame rate. Using four screens would choke it down to 15hz, I would expect. Unless you have a VBXE - not sure what one of those can do.

Bob

Ditto. :)

FJC wanted to write some decent GUI. But for standard GR.8 it lacks sense IMHO. Maybe someone will do something decent for VBXE.

The much talked-about GUI will provide VBXE support eventually, although the optimum screen mode would be 640x400, which can only be accomplished using interlacing. Not everyone who'll buy the PBI device will also have VBXE, I'll wager. There'll be (somewhere far down the line) a driver package for VBXE for those lucky enough to own one.