IGNORED

Sealed Stadium Events

BDW

This CIB one from the Netherlands was a real bargain then for only $1500.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804651102901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280465110290&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This one is PAL Zwackery. PAL copies are much, much more common. It would be like comparing the PAL BMX Airmaster with the NTSC one.

Wow, PAL and NTSC carts have difference in rarity? Holy cow. :roll:

Is the box and/or manual for a PAL copy different from an NTSC one? I mean Stadium Events. I understand the cart is rare. So if one might find a loose cart, marry it a PAL box & manual, and a complete NTSC copy can be put up for megabucks.

Yes, the PAL box is also different. By the way thanks for giving me undeserved attitude for no freaking reason. :|

I have every reason to give you attitude because it reflects how little I think about you and what you write. I'm content to let you post your cerebral disgorgements on AA, I just ignore it and hope that the threads will die (hey, didn't you give that advice in the Spitfire Attack thread?), and I don't comment on your musings. If you would extend me the same "look the other way and keep moving" attitude, I would appreciate it. :|

OK gotcha. Lets see if I understand this correctly about the post. You think very little of me. So unless you also think very little of yourself, than you basically think you are better than me. But hey I already knew that. I actually looked up the word Disgorgements. From what I gather it is a form of the word Disgorge.

According to Miriam Websters dictionary Disgorge means ": to discharge or let go of rapidly or forcefully." So if I am not mistaken this is a fancy way of saying I have Diarrhea of the mouth. OK, I admit it I do write off the top of my head. I also admit I can be defensive. But does this really give you the right to treat me with disrespect? Again, what have I done to disrespect you? Really, what have I done. You have many times over the years ripped into me. Sometimes warranted, and other times like right now, not so warranted.

Your argument is because you think so little of me, than it is warranted in this situation. And I guess in your mind it would be like a child correcting a parent, or a lower level employee correcting a CEO. OK, fair enough this is your perspective.

But finally you say to look the other way with your posts. Mainly because you have to look away so many times with my posts. So in essence you are saying don't correct me, and I won't screw with you.

OK, fair enough, I am cool with the truce. I will do my best never to ever correct you on these boards. Heck I'll do even better, and I will do my best never to quote you on these boards as well. Maybe if I agree with you, or you have done something pretty cool,or if offering condolences I will say something. OK, fair enough, and have a great day. :)

this is getting very confusing trying to follow the conversation when there is so many quotes

I know, crazy isn't it?

I say we disgorge this thread (yeah, I know... I'm not helping!!! hahah..)

I wonder how many, Next Highest Bidders, He will have to contact, before, someone actually pays. :P

If it ended right now, no more than 1. The second high bidder is not only well known, but well known for spending serious cash.

No idea about the current first place bidder though.

Mark do you think that second sealed stadium events auction is a fake? Could you ask some of your NES buddies to weigh in on it please?

I have my doubts about that second sealed copy also. We really need better pictures of the side and top and bottom of the box, so we can clearly see the wrap and the folds, like the seller with the first auction did. The wrap also looks a bit different then the original.

Granted, even a complete copy would go for big money -- the other one listed right now is almost at 10k. But I think the seller of this second 'sealed' one is pulling a fast one, IMHO.

Ebay should outright ban all those fake bidders that entered a bid just to retract it. You don't bid $20k on a game by mistake.

Amazing how many "Mistake bidders" on this one, Ebay does very little about retracted bids. When you enter an amount just over what the auction is at then retract it and list it as "entered wrong amount" It doesn't look suspicious at all.

This really is kind of amazing that someone would pay 40K for a game. A few months ago, I thouhgt long and hard on wether or not to buy a car for 40K. I love video game collecting, but I do not know how I could ever justify that kind of money on a game to sit on my shelf. You could never open it as it would loose more than half its value. At least I can drive my car to the video game store.

I'm starting to hate rich people.

Hah... rich people are the ones who gave the loans to these companies that allowed them to produce games, which in turn allowed us to buy them, which in turn made other people rich too.

We can't all get trophies in life...

Heh, that was just me being jealous, I certainly don't dislike them. Most earned what they have.

This really is kind of amazing that someone would pay 40K for a game. A few months ago, I thouhgt long and hard on wether or not to buy a car for 40K. I love video game collecting, but I do not know how I could ever justify that kind of money on a game to sit on my shelf. You could never open it as it would loose more than half its value. At least I can drive my car to the video game store.

What about a comic book for $1 million?

What about a comic book for $1 million?

I kind of like the guy selling a $50 Brazilian 2600 knockoff for a million dollars. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3703074424011?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=370307442401&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] He was pretty much a jerk to me when I asked him why it was worth that much.

I found two online for around $50 (my Portuguese is a little rusty but I believe that is the price)

Edited by the-topdog

I kind of like the guy selling a $50 Brazilian 2600 knockoff for a million dollars. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3703074424011?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=370307442401&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] He was pretty much a jerk to me when I asked him why it was worth that much.

I found two online for around $50 (my Portuguese is a little rusty but I believe that is the price)

That's djpubba's auction -- he's a regular here in the AtariAge marketplace. I've bought 2-3 things from him in the past on eBay and he's a really straight-shooter! Sells good quality stuff and is honest to boot. :thumbsup: He just listed that to draw attention to his other auctions and I hear it worked out quite well for him.

Should be interesting now there's apparently ANOTHER sealed copy on eBay currently...!

I'd want to see alot more pics of that copy. The shrink on the back looks loose and I don't see any horizontal seam at all. The tear tab hanger seems out of place also. I don't recall Bandai using tear tabs ever. Only reason I point these things out is cause money makes some people do strange things is all.

Any opinions on this newly listed copy from any of the resident NES experts?

I am not an NES expert but the boys at NintendoAge have basically come to the conclusion that the second sealed copy that you just mentioned is just a fake. So if they say it is probably a fake, than it probably is.

I wonder how many, Next Highest Bidders, He will have to contact, before, someone actually pays. :P

If it ended right now, no more than 1. The second high bidder is not only well known, but well known for spending serious cash.

No idea about the current first place bidder though.

Mark do you think that second sealed stadium events auction is a fake? Could you ask some of your NES buddies to weigh in on it please?

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=461&catid=3&threadid=29013

Apparently the general agreed consensus is that it's a vintage reseal (I.E. the store seals the game to sell it as new even though it was opened before).

EDIT: Fixed the link with the correct page. Pages 24 and 25 have the discussion on the second sealed SE.

Edited by Koopa64

I am not an NES expert but the boys at NintendoAge have basically come to the conclusion that the second sealed copy that you just mentioned is just a fake. So if they say it is probably a fake, than it probably is.

I think it could be a fake altogether, look at the bottom of the box face, being grooved and dented like that is not from shelfware. Looks more like pressing from applying a sheet of print to the box. Could just be the pictures but the colors look off also. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and untill proven different I say the whole damn thing is a fake from top to bottom.

Yeah, as Koopa said. From the pics I would guess a vintage reseal, though some better pictures would be needed to say for sure. I would assume it will go for at least CIB SE money, even it was stuffed full of Chinese newspapers from the late 80's it would still be a beautiful box.

Well I sent a message asking for more pics and half called him out about it being a fake and there was no response. I also now read others from NintendoAge asking similar questions and also getting no response or a short response with no further pictures. The shrink looks brand new and not applied very well either so I don't think it's vintage anything. This is shaping up to be a total sham.

If it turned out to be a complete fake, I wouldn't be surprised. Some of the better sealed guys (Bronty, Rarebucky, etc.) are the ones who would be the most knowledgeable. With the sort of money involved, I would be super gun shy without seeing some much better pics. Never a great sign when a seller of a high ticket item won't respond to simple questions from potential buyers.

I'll be watching, should be interesting...

If it turned out to be a complete fake, I wouldn't be surprised. Some of the better sealed guys (Bronty, Rarebucky, etc.) are the ones who would be the most knowledgeable. With the sort of money involved, I would be super gun shy without seeing some much better pics. Never a great sign when a seller of a high ticket item won't respond to simple questions from potential buyers.

I'll be watching, should be interesting...

For this kinda cash you would want to pick it up in person anyhow. What's a $500 Airplane ticket when your buying a game worth tens of thousands of dollars.