IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

BTW: Wouldn't it be cool to get those molds and make future AA carts with them?

Nope. No end labels.

Why not? Seems to me a wrap around label would work just fine.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: on pink plastic and glitter! Put it on the wall, and there would be all those carts, and THERE IT IS! Everybody would go right to it, asking something. Perfect, I say.

If the mold is found and put to use it should be engraved with an AtariAge logo and or web address so any newly made cart shells would be easily identifiable.

Yeah, thats pretty easy to do....not! We are talking about a steel mold here ;)

adding a small AA logo with a CNC machine shouldn't be such a big deal .... i think it would cost 100-200$

Edited by jahfish

If the mold is found and put to use it should be engraved with an AtariAge logo and or web address so any newly made cart shells would be easily identifiable.

Yeah, thats pretty easy to do....not! We are talking about a steel mold here ;)

adding a small AA logo with a CNC machine shouldn't be such a big deal .... i think it would cost 100-200$

Shipping alone would cost more than that ;)

One thing I have noticed is that there are several new faces showing up on AA. I wonder how much Tanman's Air Raid sale has to do with that.

Just watched the news interview. Awesome stuff! It makes me think of those times when dad would get new 2600 games for us.

Well I have been away for a few years but that auction bought me back and i'm ready to start adding to my collection again.

Did U get in on the Air Raid auction?

We were talking about your Ford's earlier in this thread.

Welcome back.

Wp

Nah man, I missed it :-( but i am really happy for Jose, tried to look for the reference to my Fords but could not find it. I am glad to be back !

If you use a heavyweight carrier and ship ground, you could get a decent deal on shipping it. You might have a to wait a couple extra days, but weigh it and check out DHL, UPS, FedEx, Eagle, etc.'s heavyweight prices. You'd be surprised how reasonable they are sometimes. The only problem is that on arrival, they sometimes want you to have a loading dock, else pay for lift gate and/or inside-delivery fees. Of course, if you sign their waiver, they will let you take it off the truck yourself.

-Rob

tried to look for the reference to my Fords but could not find it. I am glad to be back !

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/160607-my-air-raid-auction-update/page__view__findpost__p__1983781

LOL! awesome , thanks Wiz.

it's cool to look back and see how my car collection has changed. :)

Edited by Atari2600Lives

I'd be interested in hearing some more from Stick, to be honest. He hasn't added any additional insight into the situation in a few days despite making more than a few appearances on the forums since then.

Well, I do kind of understand what he was saying about wondering how it will have a payoff for him. Yes, it would be awesome for us to see and confirm this story but is anyone really interested in buying this thing? What would the market price be for a Steel Air Raid cartridge mold?

You have to find the damn thing first before you start thinking about making any money on it amirite? I'm sure that there are guys here that would kill each other in a damned cage match to get their hands on the tooling just for bragging rights.

wow, sweet rides, hadn't seen those before :-) I love that the 2600 has some fans with great taste :-)

Well I just bought the spare Air Raid that Wonder (Jose) had, so I got my air raid indirectly because of Tanman's find! (also picked up Atlantis II from him)

Edited by Atari2600Lives

who said that wonderboy gets the exclusive purchasing rights?

A bunch of dead presidents said.

I'd be willing to bet that Atari2600lives has him beat. :)

Well to be quite honest it probably has less to do with the dead presidents at our collecting level and more to do with commitment and drive to have a great collection.

Wonder has me beat as far as atari collecting goes 100% (I bow to him and in fact have gotten half my R10s from him).

Edited by Atari2600Lives

Well to be quite honest it probably has less to do with the dead presidents at our collecting level and more to do with commitment and drive to have a great collection.

Wonder has me beat as far as atari collecting goes 100% (I bow to him and in fact have gotten half my R10s from him).

Agreed 100%. Can I ask if you or Wonder have a Personal Game Programmer (PGP-1)? They are also extremely rare, with under 10 in existence. A real treasure to obtain. :)

Agreed 100%. Can I ask if you or Wonder have a Personal Game Programmer (PGP-1)? They are also extremely rare, with under 10 in existence. A real treasure to obtain. :)

Neither have it. There are at least 2 that are known to exist and I'm pretty sure Marco has one.

Given a crappy pirate hack can sell for $30k, I'm sure Marco would be willing to part with his PGP-1 for $100k ;)

Given a crappy pirate hack can sell for $30k, I'm sure Marco would be willing to part with his PGP-1 for $100k ;)

Nice now. :music:

Join the darkside!

Oh, wait! :dunce:

:lol: The reference to "crappy pirate hack" was through the eyes of the US-only elitists ;-) We here on the dark side love pirates - the more blatant the better :ahoy: