IGNORED

Wanted: 2600 Coleco Cartridges

Albert

I'm looking for shells in good condition, without scratches or stains, and not horribly dirty.

Al, have you ever tried a product called Spray Power on these lighter colored carts?

http://www.spraypower.com/

...this is industrial quality stuff. You know those dark 'scuff' marks you sometimes see on beige carts? This product removes them safely with a swipe or two. Rubbing alcohol, Goo-Gone and some of these other cleaners can end up changing the texture of the case, but Spray Power seems to be a lot less destructive that way. Just be sure to clean your hands real well after use ;)

Oh and sorry, but I have no Coleco carts to donate. lol

Edited by save2600

Al, have you ever tried a product called Spray Power on these lighter colored carts?

http://www.spraypower.com/

...this is industrial quality stuff. You know those dark 'scuff' marks you sometimes see on beige carts? This product removes them safely with a swipe or two. Rubbing alcohol, Goo-Gone and some of these other cleaners can end up changing the texture of the case, but Spray Power seems to be a lot less destructive that way. Just be sure to clean your hands real well after use ;)

That looks pretty interesting, thanks. I've never used it before, so I'll need to investigate (especially for these lighter colored carts).

Thanks!

..Al

I have a bunch of DK and DK jr. carts but most are a bit yellowed. I'll have to see if cleaning them up a bit will whiten them.

I'd like to know how you make out with that, since I'll certainly encounter that with a fair number of these carts. :)

I'm bound have a bunch. I'll start scouring when I get home.

Great, thanks!

..Al

That looks pretty interesting, thanks. I've never used it before, so I'll need to investigate (especially for these lighter colored carts).

Thanks!

..Al

I'm sure you'll figure this out if you try that Spray Power, but I just remembered what I've done with carts in the past. Besides it taking no trouble to get scuffs out, you can spray the entire cart down so that it'll have a nice and uniform like-new look then. The stuff is like magic. As soon as you spray it on, you'll see the dirt and grime literally lift itself from the plastic, just give it a quick wipe, then rinse in water. Okay, I'll stop now. Starting to sound like a rep of theirs or something. lol I originally discovered it when I was looking for a better solution to getting yellowed smoke stains off of pinball cabinets.

Edited by save2600

I have a bunch of DK and DK jr. carts but most are a bit yellowed. I'll have to see if cleaning them up a bit will whiten them.

You could always try Retrobrite on them. I bet it would work really well!

That Spray Power stuff sounds like it works amazingly. I bought some door-to-door stuff once from this guy that was simply astonishing. I think it was called Kleen Warrior. The way it cleaned carpets was just insane! You sprayed it on and all you had to do was rub the carpet with your foot like 'scuffing it' once or twice and the dirt just came right up, you'd just use a light wipe with a towel to get it off. Really ridiculous the quality of cleaners in industry vs. the stuff they have on the shelf. Makes you wonder if they purposely water the stuff down to sell more?

@save2600: Would Spray Power work really well at taking label glue off? Say after removing the label with a heat gun? I'm thinking this might make a wonderful all-around cart cleaning substance.

@save2600: Would Spray Power work really well at taking label glue off? Say after removing the label with a heat gun? I'm thinking this might make a wonderful all-around cart cleaning substance.

Oh yeah. Waaaay better than goo-gone without that annoying orange scent also. I wonder how many collectors game rooms smell like oranges? :lol:

And yeah - no doubt cleaning manufacturers purposely use a higher concentration of water in some of their products. And the cheaper the stuff, the more you're getting shafted. Funny how that works when you're trying to save money :ponder:

I used to be a pinsetter mechanic for Brunswick. While there, we had a contract with Zep cleaning products. They too are another company that markets incredibly effective cleaning supplies.

Edited by save2600

6-pack ordered! When do you get your commission check? :lol:

When I was a nursing assistant in the ER here, generally my only job was cleaning the place, since CNAs aren't really certified to do much more than be 'gofers' for the doctors. You could take vitals but that was about the extent of patient interaction. Anyway, the cleaners the hospitals have are leaps and bounds above anything you can buy at the store, so yeah, I think they do it on purpose.

YEAH! Zep was the ones who made Kleen Warrior, IIRC.

I wonder if it would work on ancient linoleum floors that are stained/discolored or would it take the finish off (or what's left of it)too much? The one here is from the 50s when the house was built and regardless of what I have used to attempt to clean it, haven't been able to get it to it's weird mottled grey/white/black/brown/beige with gold flecks original color, lmao. Nor could I ever understand why that would be in a kitchen until I realized it's difficult to see a lot of dirt/grime, lol.

Thanks!

..Al

I'm sure you'll figure this out if you try that Spray Power, but I just remembered what I've done with carts in the past. Besides it taking no trouble to get scuffs out, you can spray the entire cart down so that it'll have a nice and uniform like-new look then. The stuff is like magic. As soon as you spray it on, you'll see the dirt and grime literally lift itself from the plastic, just give it a quick wipe, then rinse in water. Okay, I'll stop now. Starting to sound like a rep of theirs or something. lol I originally discovered it when I was looking for a better solution to getting yellowed smoke stains off of pinball cabinets.

Back on topic I hope some are able to help out with the carts. :)

So will the proto ROM for 2600 Turbo be released following the sale of the carts you're making?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

..Al

He's assuming (as a lot of us are) that you want the carts to make repos of 2600 Turbo. Even if you can't publicaly confirm that right now. :P

Edited by SoulBlazer

Al,

can you post the address to where you want us to send the Coleco 2600 and Atari picture label carts?

Thanks.

I will send you a PM.

I have 14 spare right now.

Wait. Those are for an Atari Dogs/Salem Frost re-release. Going to be programming chips tonight. :D

Are teasing me? :ponder:

..Al