IGNORED

OFFICIAL AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2010

the.golden.ax

:D I am overjoyed that you like it so much Eric! :) I'm glad it didn't get damaged in shipping! :thumbsup:

I was looking for Lynx stuff for you, but couldn't come up with anything you didn't already have (as stated), so I was going to use a dead Lynx to come up with something cool, but I was stymied as to what to do with a dead Lynx, so I figured a lamp would work out quite well (as I recall you were very interested in purchasing one when I was selling them). :)

Again, really very much so ecstatic that you enjoy it so much! :)

• Like 1

Ok, we can all stop now. There is no way anyone got anything better from their Secret Santa.

yeah the stuff i sent looks like a box of #$% now.

thnks a lot

:P

Yeah, I was patterning my gift after Phaxda's famous boxes o' crap and having second thoughts now; although by looking at want lists, I know I have included some gold nuggets (at least silver) within the crap. I will be two more days getting finishing touches for it, but will be shipping priority so no problem getting there on time.

The person who I got didn't have anything Atari on their list. :)

Uh-oh, maybe you got me then....LOL! :D I don't remember if I put anything Atari on my list. :|

If I got you, then you probably already received the Box-O-crap. 'Cuz I sent it out ages ago. :)

What'd ya get? ;)

-Edit- Just checked. Wasn't you. I got a famous Stage and Hollywood star as my recipient.

Edited by Madaracs

How many people have received their gifts?

I have, but have not seen what is inside yet.

Since we are doing "Small Christmas" this year to save for a down payment, I will be waiting to open mine on Christmas, as well as the box of stuff I bought from you Topdog. (If I can handle waiting that is) Morgan

Well, I received my SS gift today. I was going to wait until Christmas to open the package, but decided to open it today. Glad I did, as I saved myself the upset on Christmas day. Let me explain:

My secret santa did not leave a name in the return address, nor did he leave a letter of any kind in the box to reveal himself. Can't say I blame him, as what he sent me is pretty disgusting to say the least. One lone N64 game cartridge, "Banjo Tooie". Now, I am not too upset that the gift is not really worth what I thought was agreed upon regarding monitary limit ($20...unless this SS thought to add the priority shipping as part of the "deal"), but even more disgusted with the fact that the cartridge was basically thrown in a box with some newspaper and is extremely DIRTY.

Come on, whoever you are. You couldn't even wipe it down with a little alcohol or something or perhaps even try to make an effort to remove that dirty piece of tape or bandage...or whatever it is? The pictures do it no justice folks....you don't get the true feel for what it is unless you touch this grimy object.

This was obviously a quick attempt to get a SS gift out there with absolutely no thought or regard for the recipient. I know you are sending to a complete stranger, but have some common courtesy and maybe add just a pinch of thought when you enter these things for God sakes. I sincerely hope that I do not know or have not made dealings in the past with the person responsible for this, as that would be even worse to know.

I actually went out during the mad Black Friday week and purchased my SS something new. I traveled, waited on line, and put some thought into it. I would never think to do what this person did. Sad to say, I do not think I'll be participating in this SS next year however. Thanks for the "gift" pal.

On a side not, if anybody would like this cartridge for free, PM me. I'll give it a disinfecting wipe down and mail it to you at my own expense.

• Like 1

Well, I received my SS gift today. I was going to wait until Christmas to open the package, but decided to open it today. Glad I did, as I saved myself the upset on Christmas day. Let me explain:

My secret santa did not leave a name in the return address, nor did he leave a letter of any kind in the box to reveal himself. Can't say I blame him, as what he sent me is pretty disgusting to say the least. One lone N64 game cartridge, "Banjo Tooie". Now, I am not too upset that the gift is not really worth what I thought was agreed upon regarding monitary limit ($20...unless this SS thought to add the priority shipping as part of the "deal"), but even more disgusted with the fact that the cartridge was basically thrown in a box with some newspaper and is extremely DIRTY.

Come on, whoever you are. You couldn't even wipe it down with a little alcohol or something or perhaps even try to make an effort to remove that dirty piece of tape or bandage...or whatever it is? The pictures do it no justice folks....you don't get the true feel for what it is unless you touch this grimy object.

This was obviously a quick attempt to get a SS gift out there with absolutely no thought or regard for the recipient. I know you are sending to a complete stranger, but have some common courtesy and maybe add just a pinch of thought when you enter these things for God sakes. I sincerely hope that I do not know or have not made dealings in the past with the person responsible for this, as that would be even worse to know.

I actually went out during the mad Black Friday week and purchased my SS something new. I traveled, waited on line, and put some thought into it. I would never think to do what this person did. Sad to say, I do not think I'll be participating in this SS next year however. Thanks for the "gift" pal.

On a side not, if anybody would like this cartridge for free, PM me. I'll give it a disinfecting wipe down and mail it to you at my own expense.

-1 :roll:

Banjo Tooie sells for around $15 loose, so I would say they got it in the ballpark. Maybe that was all the person could afford, I know some people were hit by the recession bad. The only thing they should have done differently was maybe to clean it a bit, but your reaction to what might have been someone's best try at being a Secret Santa was more appalling than any gift you may have received.

Lighten up a bit, it's Christmas time. It isn't about what you got, it is the comradeship that this was supposed to foster that is the important thing... you may have been disappointed by what may have been someone's best effort, but your reaction was an epic fail.

I personally went a bit beyond the $20 limit for the person I drew, because I could, but I know that it was a stretch for some people to even come up with that amount.

If your Secret Santa had drawn my name and I got that gift, I would have smiled and thanked them... who cares if I need to clean it a bit, or if it wasn't exactly what I wanted... that isn't the point.

Edited by the-topdog
  • Like 7

If your Secret Santa had drawn my name and I got that gift, I would have smiled and thanked them... who cares if I need to clean it a bit, or if it wasn't exactly what I wanted... that isn't the point.

Im not sure If I have received my package yet or not...who drew my name? Did you send me your wifes panties? I mean cool, I'm not gonna complain, but you could have at least sent a picture with it so I could have some bragging rights! These panties I got are freakin hot and they smell fresh...lol!

Merry Christmas to all and if you got me...send me a pm?

If you got mine feel free to let me know if it worked out for ya....

Thanks Ax..this was great...we should do Secret Santa in June!

I don't think you are getting the point. I really do not care about the monitary value...although $15 for it is an ebay price. I am more concerned about the lack of courtesy. I am very hit due to the recession, the fact that I have been unemployed since 2008, and the fact that I was hit by 3 floods in that period of time. But I knew that I could swing the $20, which was why I joined. If the person had problems, simply don't sign up. But I would at the very least wash the damn thing off before mailing it. All I see is someone most likely wanted to join for a free gift, and then just threw in some dirty crap just to be a part of it. There is ZERO excuse for it.

This'll be the last I speak of it. I wouldn't have said anything hadn't I had to scrub my hands after handling the "gift". Sorry if it offended anyone, but that is just plain disgusting to say the least.

Well, I received my SS gift today. I was going to wait until Christmas to open the package, but decided to open it today. Glad I did, as I saved myself the upset on Christmas day.

i feel your pain man, anyone who's ever done a secret santa before knows you risk getting the bad present. i one got last year i'm still trying to unload.

but don't let it ruin your christmas.

Edited by raskar42

Well, I received my SS gift today. I was going to wait until Christmas to open the package, but decided to open it today. Glad I did, as I saved myself the upset on Christmas day.

i feel your pain man, anyone who's ever done a secret santa before knows you risk getting the bad present. i one got last year i'm still trying to unload.

but don't let it ruin your christmas.

Oh, it won't ruin it at all. On a flip side I am REALLY happy that my recipient loves his gift and even PMed me a thank you ;) It is indeed all about the giving...although I could have been better without getting given something sticky to touch! Bah...oh well.

I don't think you are getting the point. I really do not care about the monitary value...although $15 for it is an ebay price. I am more concerned about the lack of courtesy. I am very hit due to the recession, the fact that I have been unemployed since 2008, and the fact that I was hit by 3 floods in that period of time. But I knew that I could swing the $20, which was why I joined. If the person had problems, simply don't sign up. But I would at the very least wash the damn thing off before mailing it. All I see is someone most likely wanted to join for a free gift, and then just threw in some dirty crap just to be a part of it. There is ZERO excuse for it.

This'll be the last I speak of it. I wouldn't have said anything hadn't I had to scrub my hands after handling the "gift". Sorry if it offended anyone, but that is just plain disgusting to say the least.

I'll step up and say that I was the one who sent it. Like I said earlier, I got hosed getting YOUR gift off of ebay (which cost OVER $20 excluding shipping, mind you). It happened to be Super Mario 64 (The game you wanted), plus another game I was sure that you would enjoy. But, it never came. I knew I would not have the time or $$$ to order another gift, so I sent you my replacement copy of Banjo Tooie that came the day before the deadline. So, I boxed it up and sent it your way. I was hoping that the person would at least enjoy it; Banjo Tooie is one of my favorite games. I'm disappointed to see that you didn't. In the end, you're unhappy, and I'm screwed over to the tune of $50, for the hosed ebay items and the game I sent you.

Merry Christmas

Edited by brandondwright

Sorry you got ebay hosed, as I know how that goes. But in all honesty, I would have just tried to do something about the stickiness. You knew it was gross when you popped it in the box, but I guess you didn't care one bit.

Anyway, as I said before, I am done talking about it. The only reason I posted about it here was because it was the only way YOU would be able to understand that what you did was pretty darn wrong.

I don't want to turn this thread into a war or anything, as I want to see others have a good time. So, no more on the subject.

BTW: I see you edited your post to remove the expletive. Thanks.