IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

bob1200xl

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I just try send message to Bob, but i thing it's not going anywhere because my phone Mini Opera... I'm too interesting one 1200 because they newer sell it in Finland. (And because my STe/STfm drives are broken i'm intererting these 720K drives too if they are compatible for these.

Because i cannot send messages here, i put my mail here:

Jake(dot)depression@gmail.com

I'm almost finished with inventory, so I can start on the 1200XLs soon.

Let me clarify a little...

If you come pick one up, it's free! The quality varies and all of them have bad keyboards, but they will all boot up OK.

If you want me to mail it to you, send me a box with your address and postage on it. I'll put your 1200XL in your box and ship it to you - free.

If you want me to get a box and packaging and address it for you, I'm going to charge you $10, plus whatever postage is.

OK?

If you want me to fix your keyboard, it will cost you $20.

If you want me to fix R63 and tweak the video a little, (very little) it will cost you $10 more.

If you want me to put a dual OS in it that can be selected by the CHAN switch, you supply the OS files and I'll supply the parts and installation for $30 more.

Anything else you would like, (512K SRAM memory, Svideo, etc.) is $20 per hour plus parts.

I really don't want to spend a lot of time doing hardware upgrades, but I do understand that some of you are dangerous with a soldering iron in your hand... And, the whole objective is to get some 1200XLs out to Atari folks that they can use.

I'm going to do my best to make all future hacks just a plug-in. (if your system has sockets - stock up on 1200XLs/600XLs!)

No, you haven't missed out...

Bob

Hey Bob, were you able to get started on this yet (or did I miss out)?

I don't think my 720K drives will work on an ST - you might want to ask the ST folks about that.

You're on the list!

Bob

Hello!

I just try send message to Bob, but i thing it's not going anywhere because my phone Mini Opera... I'm too interesting one 1200 because they newer sell it in Finland. (And because my STe/STfm drives are broken i'm intererting these 720K drives too if they are compatible for these.

Because i cannot send messages here, i put my mail here:

Jake(dot)depression@gmail.com

I'm almost finished with inventory, so I can start on the 1200XLs soon.

Let me clarify a little...

If you come pick one up, it's free! The quality varies and all of them have bad keyboards, but they will all boot up OK.

If you want me to mail it to you, send me a box with your address and postage on it. I'll put your 1200XL in your box and ship it to you - free.

If you want me to get a box and packaging and address it for you, I'm going to charge you $10, plus whatever postage is.

OK?

If you want me to fix your keyboard, it will cost you $20.

If you want me to fix R63 and tweak the video a little, (very little) it will cost you $10 more.

If you want me to put a dual OS in it that can be selected by the CHAN switch, you supply the OS files and I'll supply the parts and installation for $30 more.

Anything else you would like, (512K SRAM memory, Svideo, etc.) is $20 per hour plus parts.

I really don't want to spend a lot of time doing hardware upgrades, but I do understand that some of you are dangerous with a soldering iron in your hand... And, the whole objective is to get some 1200XLs out to Atari folks that they can use.

I'm going to do my best to make all future hacks just a plug-in. (if your system has sockets - stock up on 1200XLs/600XLs!)

No, you haven't missed out...

Bob

Hey Bob, were you able to get started on this yet (or did I miss out)?

Hi Bob,

are you going to contact people that have already expressed an interest, or do we need to pm you etc?

Bob,

Do you have good spare working 1200XL keyboards? I tried a third time for perfection and met with disaster. I had one almost there ~95% and I used Radio Shack electronics cleaner (aerosol). The silicon gasket did not react well to it. If you have a spare working keyboard PCB assembly (PCB + silicon gasket + Mylar), I could sure use one to save this unit.

John

Bob,

I would greatly appriciate a 1200XL if you are willing to part with it. Again, very greatfully, I'd prefrer if possible:

U.S. manufactured (83S DA XXXXX)

working keyboard fix (I'm have a 1200XL I am most had perfect and ruined the silicon gasket on the keyboard with an aerosol electronics cleaner.

I can do the R63 and Clearpic2002.

Any chance you have a spare working keyboard PCB assembly to salvage my machine?

Thanks Bob, you have done so much for the 1200XL community.

I don't often write this on a message board (in fact, this may be the first time) but ...

LOL

"Almost done..." that's a good one!

Bob, I'll send you a PM.

I am guessing that bob is almost done with his spring cleaning

What are you going to do with the newly created space then bob

Hey... I can see the back wall of one of the storage spaces!

Of course, it's getting pretty hard to walk around in the Attic. And basement. And the rest of the house.

My wife asked me the other day: "How strong are those ceiling joists you put in?".

Bob

I don't often write this on a message board (in fact, this may be the first time) but ...

LOL

"Almost done..." that's a good one!

Bob, I'll send you a PM.

I'm going to stop paying $250/mo. for it...

It's getting there. I will notify everyone who I am aware of when I start shipping things, so if you see the announcement and I have not contacted you, send me a PM or something.

Not yet, later.

Bob

You may not have thought of it, but dot matrix printers make great robot parts. They are especially useful because of the fine degree of control that you have, via printer control codes, over a standard parallel port. I used to work with giant, very expensive robotic SCSI tape autoloaders, & the internals were very similar to the mechanisms that are commonly found in dot matrix printers.

Here's some video links to describe what I mean:

Autoloader 2

Neat, right?

Nice rainy day hacking project, since you have the know-how, and plenty of parts.

Just think of the possibilities, the next link should really stir your imagination... ha, the whole town's lighting should dim when you power on one of these suckers:

Edited by UNIXcoffee928