IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

bob1200xl

Hopefully I make the list. In any case, thanks for doing this...

Same here X2 - but this is a cool guy! icon_smile.gif Helped me out with a keyboard I was looking for.

Thanks again!

He send you a full keyboard, or just the keycap ?

I still need to send some cash for some cart backs, I'll get that to you soon Bob, Cash flow got a bit tight.

One note about 1200XLs. The video is really bad on some monitors. The top of the picture tears and there is little you can do externally to make it better. If you are going to actually use these 1200XLs, you should plan on at least a simple fix. Plus, do the R63 fix so you can use P:R Connections and such.

For those of you who have concerns about hacking up a 1200XL, here are the before and after photos. It is really not evident and it is pretty much bullet-proof.

Bob

Before:

post-14708-12898649697_thumb.jpg

After

post-14708-128986503267_thumb.jpg

The 1200XLs are beginning to ship. The first ten requestors have been contacted and the machines are ready, waiting on responses. Ten more will go out in a week or so - as I confirm operational machines. We'll keep this up until I run out of viable systems.

Bob

I'm reducing my storage capacity and have a whole bunch of monitors and printers. Mostly mono monitors, Epson FX printers, some DeskJets, a few HP laser printers (III & IIID, 4MV - that kind of stuff) (an HP 7475 plotter?)

I also seem to have more 1050s, 800s, and 1200XLs than I am allowed under the Geneva Convention.

The monitors and printers will go to e-waste. The 8-bit stuff will get stored, although I think it would be best if some of it, at least, found a home where it might be used by someone.

Bob

Same here X2 - but this is a cool guy! icon_smile.gif Helped me out with a keyboard I was looking for.

Thanks again!

I still need to send some cash for some cart backs, I'll get that to you soon Bob, Cash flow got a bit tight.

Full "Alps" keyboard missing the "B" keycap. However, I found someone on EBAY and bought the "B" & "N" keycaps from them. I might have two fully working "Apls" keyboards! ;)

One note about 1200XLs. The video is really bad on some monitors. The top of the picture tears and there is little you can do externally to make it better. If you are going to actually use these 1200XLs, you should plan on at least a simple fix. Plus, do the R63 fix so you can use P:R Connections and such.

For those of you who have concerns about hacking up a 1200XL, here are the before and after photos. It is really not evident and it is pretty much bullet-proof.

Bob

If it helps to bump me up the list, I will put my one year of Electrical Engineering college courses to use and fix mine... (Damn I wish I had stuck with it instead of getting a business degree like a lazy bum!)

:D

Thanks again!

Full "Alps" keyboard missing the "B" keycap. However, I found someone on EBAY and bought the "B" & "N" keycaps from them. I might have two fully working "Apls" keyboards! icon_wink.gif

Good to hear :)

The 400/800, 810, 1050, 1020, 850, and 1090 all use the same supply - 9vac@3.4a. Even the 1027 supply will work. (it's bigger than it needs to be) Some of the old 400 supplies are under-powered, so check the label on the supply.

Bob

Thanks Bob - it turned up today. Now all I need to do is find a power supply :)

Cheers

Simon

I believe it's the same as the 1010 program recorder, so if you have one you can use that in a pinch...

I don't know about that - could be. I didn't check. The voltage is right and there's plenty of current capacity.

The engineers should change the barrel sizes for each different supply, but you run out of options after a bit. Worst case is the Indus-5200/1200XL-1050 et al. Same connector, one is DC and one is AC.

Bob

I was under the impression the 1027 PSU had a larger barrel size

I don't know about that - could be. I didn't check. The voltage is right and there's plenty of current capacity.

The engineers should change the barrel sizes for each different supply, but you run out of options after a bit. Worst case is the Indus-5200/1200XL-1050 et al. Same connector, one is DC and one is AC.

Bob

Yes. That difference has at one time or another made me think a 1050 or my 800 was dead.

--Kurt

Mine arrived just under a week ago... very nice.

Keyboard need some attention (as advised) but the machine itself looks almost straight from the factory.

Found out my 1084 in fact doesn't do NTSC properly, but capture card works and I suspect it'd be fine on my big TV.

Thanks once again, Bob. Not often that anyone makes an offer of this magnitude.