IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

bob1200xl

The beginning of the thread lists 800s, 1050s, and 1200XLs. (most of them are defective, but repairable) I don't really have all that many XF551s and 130XE type stuff.

Yes, I could use a few XF551s, also. They are not very rigorous.

Bob

Hey Bob, you gonna give away any XF551s? I could use a few..

I'm running out of packing tape, peanuts, boxes, and labels...

but, not 1200XLs!

It's going to get a little busy down at the Post Office and I need to re-stock, so I'm going to minimize shipments until after Christmas.

Give me a little time to do some hardware hacking.

I'll get some more of you in the pipeline - be patient. (haven't heard from some of you - still want a 1200XL?)

Bob

I'm reducing my storage capacity and have a whole bunch of monitors and printers. Mostly mono monitors, Epson FX printers, some DeskJets, a few HP laser printers (III & IIID, 4MV - that kind of stuff) (an HP 7475 plotter?)

I also seem to have more 1050s, 800s, and 1200XLs than I am allowed under the Geneva Convention.

The monitors and printers will go to e-waste. The 8-bit stuff will get stored, although I think it would be best if some of it, at least, found a home where it might be used by someone.

Bob

Yes, you are on the list. You PM'd on 9/6 and I am currently on 9/3. Everyone that expresses interest is on the list - in order of receipt. Anyone who contacted me prior to 9/3 should check with me. You should have been PM'd by now.

When I said that some of you have not responded, I was referring to those folks that I contacted about an item.

Bob

I sent a PM about a week after this thread original was posted, was that enough to be on "the list"? :)

It's going to get a little busy down at the Post Office and I need to re-stock, so I'm going to minimize shipments until after Christmas.

I'll get some more of you in the pipeline - be patient. (haven't heard from some of you - still want a 1200XL?)

I didn't post until October 30. Maybe Bob will have enough to fulfill all of the 'orders', but maybe he won't.

:? :?

That's odd... you are not on the list and I have no PM from you. But, I do have an e-mail from AA with your PM in it? What's with that?

Everyone: I am working on 9/3 requests. If you expessed an interest BEFORE that date and have not heard from me, let me know!

Bob

I didn't post until October 30. Maybe Bob will have enough to fulfill all of the 'orders', but maybe he won't.

:? :?

That's odd... you are not on the list and I have no PM from you. But, I do have an e-mail from AA with your PM in it? What's with that?

Not sure why my PM would have come from AA. Anyway, I sent another, so we will see if my PM comes "the regular way" today.

_hitchcock

Your 10/30 message was actually an e-mail from AA, not a PM. So, I see the e-mail but nothing in messenger. I'll watch for that from now on... (I relied to a PM in e-mail - that doesn't work, either!)

Bob

Not sure why my PM would have come from AA. Anyway, I sent another, so we will see if my PM comes "the regular way" today.

_hitchcock

Hey Bob, you gonna give away any XF551s? I could use a few..

how about those of us with NONE, get one before you get your 30th drive?

sloopy.

Last I looked, BOB was the one giving away stuff.. And your name isn't Bob..

Sloopy, I knew where you were coming from... ;)

Origionally posted by "Bob" on Wed Sep 1, 2010 12:03 PM (page 3, post #53)

"I would like to limit the 1200XLs to those of you who do not have one, for the time being."

Got my 1200XL from Bob today, and it looks fantastic. I was expecting a crappy yellow unit (and I would have loved it), but this thing is REALLY clean. I also received the "Apls" keyboard he offered up! What a fantastic guy! All of a sudden it feels like Christmas to me. :D Thank you so much for your generosity. It's really appreciated!!!

Anyone else think we should change this guy's name to Santa? :lol:

I'd love a dead XF to fit a 3.5" mech in (couldn't remove the 5.25" mech from mine without tremendous feelings of guilt for some reason). icon_smile.gif

A dead one? What good would that do you? If you are only using it for a case, why not try an external ST drive?

To plug the 3.5" mech into the drive's mainboard (assuming that part still worked). I don't fancy building a new motherboard for an ST drive. :)

By the way, what did you mean about the XF not being very "rigorous"? Does this imply the write verify is turned off? ;)

The XF551s tend to break when you mess with them. The PCB is very fragile. It seems that at least half my XF551s are dead, with loose SIO connectors, bad 34 pin connectors and such...

You're looking for an XF551 with just a bad drive, then.

Bob

I'd love a dead XF to fit a 3.5" mech in (couldn't remove the 5.25" mech from mine without tremendous feelings of guilt for some reason). icon_smile.gif

A dead one? What good would that do you? If you are only using it for a case, why not try an external ST drive?

To plug the 3.5" mech into the drive's mainboard (assuming that part still worked). I don't fancy building a new motherboard for an ST drive. :)

By the way, what did you mean about the XF not being very "rigorous"? Does this imply the write verify is turned off? ;)

The XF551s tend to break when you mess with them. The PCB is very fragile. It seems that at least half my XF551s are dead, with loose SIO connectors, bad 34 pin connectors and such...

You're looking for an XF551 with just a bad drive, then.

Indeed so: I hear the traces are easily persuaded off the back of the board.

Yeah - just looking for one with a bad drive. It's hardly high on my priority list, though. There are other drives I need to get working first...

You only have simple video on your 1200XL - try using the composite as CHROMA.

Bob

you're welcome!

Got mine earlier in the week, and I've been fiddling with it and the Monitor adapter I got from puppetmark and an SC1224 monitor. Sadly I'm only getting b/w from the 1200XL and my main 800XL. But I wanted to add to the chorus: "Thank YOU Bob!" :)