IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

bob1200xl

You weren't too late. You're 14th on the list - you'll get one.

I was on vacation, but I'll be re-starting shipments next week. Look for a PM before the end of the month. Decide how you want it...

Bob

Awesome! It's like a second Christmas! Thanks for the good news...

Excellent! In return for this, how about I post you my Atari 130XE I have sitting around, which for some reason refuses to work anymore. Don't know why, but when you turn the thing on, it just displays a black screen, or sometimes it will change color. No READY prompt. Maybe you can fix it or donate it to someone.

Also, if you've a spare Atari ST color monitor I would love to take that off your hands. Been needing a new one since my last one carked it.

Edited by Synthpopalooza

You're pretty far down the list - don't count your chickens... It will be at least a couple of weeks before I get down to you, OK?

All the ST stuff is gone to folks that have some use for them - sorry.

I'll take the 130XE, but why don't you trade it to someone for a 1200XL?

Bob

I was on vacation, but I'll be re-starting shipments next week. Look for a PM before the end of the month. Decide how you want it...

Bob

Excellent! In return for this, how about I post you my Atari 130XE I have sitting around, which for some reason refuses to work anymore. Don't know why, but when you turn the thing on, it just displays a black screen, or sometimes it will change color. No READY prompt. Maybe you can fix it or donate it to someone.

Also, if you've a spare Atari ST color monitor I would love to take that off your hands. Been needing a new one since my last one carked it.

Too bad you didn't see my post in the marketplace, I just gave two ST SC1224 monitors away. I still have a SM124 if anyone wants it? Just pay shipping... although I should warn you it's fairly expensive to ship to the USA, cheaper within Canada for me.

Hope I can help with my first post here...

I had a (maybe) similar event with my 130xe: I turned on the switch and the power LED lights, but the display was what I might describe as multiple. tearing colors. Nothing else happened from the 130, though, such as plugging in a drive to see if the problem was video related. Nada still, so I guessed it might be a power problem. Eventually, I tried the P/S from my 65xe, and it booted fine. Evidently, my 130xe P/S died since the last time I used it (which was quite awhile ago, actually...)

James

Yes - the 800XL/130XE style machines have significant parts in their power supply, making them prone to failures that mimic bad motherboard components. The Ataris that use the older, simpler power transformer pretty much go dead when the power supply fails.

Welcoms aboard!

Bob

Hope I can help with my first post here...

I had a (maybe) similar event with my 130xe: I turned on the switch and the power LED lights, but the display was what I might describe as multiple. tearing colors. Nothing else happened from the 130, though, such as plugging in a drive to see if the problem was video related. Nada still, so I guessed it might be a power problem. Eventually, I tried the P/S from my 65xe, and it booted fine. Evidently, my 130xe P/S died since the last time I used it (which was quite awhile ago, actually...)

James

I'm reducing my storage capacity and have a whole bunch of monitors and printers. Mostly mono monitors, Epson FX printers, some DeskJets, a few HP laser printers (III & IIID, 4MV - that kind of stuff) (an HP 7475 plotter?)

I also seem to have more 1050s, 800s, and 1200XLs than I am allowed under the Geneva Convention.

The monitors and printers will go to e-waste. The 8-bit stuff will get stored, although I think it would be best if some of it, at least, found a home where it might be used by someone.

Bob

Hey Bob. If you still have any gear available, I'd be very happy to take two working 1050s off your hands, and if you have the SIO cables going spare, not a problem, I'll take them too ;)

Bob

Yes, very good news. I asked september the 9th (just after the end of the previous range) so I assume I'll be seeing a PM at the end of the month too?

No problem... you are #7.

Bob

Bob

Yes, very good news. I asked september the 9th (just after the end of the previous range) so I assume I'll be seeing a PM at the end of the month too?

Are you too late? I dunno. You're pretty far down the list. A non-working 1200XL is harder to get than an ugly 1200XL. If you are willing to accept 'nasty', you may have a chance...

PM me.

Bob

Am I too late? I would die for a 1200XL; even one that isn't working. Also want a 1050 and an XF551 pretty bad (who doesn't =))

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent out another round of 1200XL offers... My paperwork is so poor that you may get a letter for the 1200XLs when you are looking for a 1050 or other device. I am going to duplicate things, I'm afraid, but that should minimize 'lost' requests.

I am concentrating on 1200XLs rather than 1050s, 800s, and the rest, so you need to be patient. I don't have a lot of spare time since I'm working on other XL projects. (yes, and scratching through some of my software)

The RTC on the joystick is breathing...

So is my Better Half, but that's a different kind.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I've finally found some quite free time to launch my piece (and also found that freaking 1050 PSU to make it with).

post-4727-129961195894_thumb.png

post-4727-129961196947_thumb.png

Not tested further yet (only it that temporal place), but it seems that it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

miker

Ah dang. I wish I was more active here during the time this was going down. I had a 1200XL with no hookups that was really minty, but I found it back when I was an unemployed teenager... I read that the 1200XL wasn't fully compatible with the rest of the XL line and flipped it for cheap untested to a guy in the UK who was very happy to get it... I seem to recall it cost like $30 for the slow-boat shipping back then. I don't actually regret it that much... needed the money and I know the guy who got it was more than enthusiastic about getting it. I seem to recall he modded it for PAL and a fix for compatibility issues.

Oh well, someday I will get a 1200XL. Just not today.

I went through all my stuff (I do have a serious lot of stuff...) and pulled out all the 1200XLs and some of the more interesting things, like XF551s. Pieces and systems for 800s, 810s, 1050s, and all those mostly got left in storage. So, I have only a limited amount of anything other than 1200XLs.

Actually, I have used up all my spare, new 1200XL keyboards, so anything I ship from now on will have a rebuilt, used keyboard. I still have lots of new plastic and motherboards, though.

What all this means is that I am set up to do 1200XLs, not other things. I probably have a power board. Finding it and testing it are the problem.

Bob

I could use a working power board for an 800 if you have one laying around.

Yahoo! Got mine today. First thing was to completely disassemble it and clean it all up. Fortunately, I happened to have a US Robotics power supply from an old external 33.6 modem - works great as the power supply for the old girl. The composite video is pretty crappy on my Commodore 1702, so next up is an S-Video mod and the keyboard needs a rebuild. Looks like I'll have a fun project this weekend! Here she is in her new home:

post-7583-129980944005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Havok69

Yes - I'm still processing 1200XLs, but I don't see you on the list.

I'm currently waiting for a response from 'the_doctor', 'michael_rose', 'zzalg_repus', and 'blackpanther'.

You guys want your 1200XLs?

How about 'synthpopalooza'? Yours is ready to ship.

Bob

Hey Bob, so does this mean you'll have some spare 1200's left for anyone that didnt get one?

thanks

Well, goodness. I should have put in a request myself, a long time ago! I just figured I't way too late by the time I heard about it. If I'm not, could I be added? I won't be disappointed if it's too late *now*, but if it's not??? :) :)

Muchos Gracias.

Could you send me a PM? I'm having a terrible time keeping everything straight...

Bob

Well, goodness. I should have put in a request myself, a long time ago! I just figured I't way too late by the time I heard about it. If I'm not, could I be added? I won't be disappointed if it's too late *now*, but if it's not??? :) :)

Muchos Gracias.

There are a dozen people ahead of you.

(I have more than a dozen 1200XLs left...)

Bob

Muchos Gracias.