IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2212114810661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221211481066&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

"I have seen some on eBay for sale at a buy it now price of over $700.00."

"I will post at buyers expense through registered Australia post as COD (I don't want to make money on the postage)."

So honest! :lolblue:

Edited by nofrills100

• 2 weeks later...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FAtari-2600-Red-Sea-Crossing-REPRODUCTION-CARTRIDGE-%2F330908975422%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem4d0bb6413e

"Hello, I am a new seller but have been a perfect feedback buyer since 2006. I'm selling off some of my collection as I am going to be buying a house in the next year, I don't need to sell but like to remain financially responsible and would prefer some extra money in the bank.
Part of the fun of collecting is the journey that I will surely partake in again sometime in the future
but for now I offer you some great games. I will strive be be the best seller possible and will ship all items responsibly as I would want to receive them. All games have been tested and in perfect working order. Thank you for looking/buying !
"

Really??? :roll:

Nothing like price gouging to the tune of a 5x mark up.

http://rover.ebay.co...=item4d0bb6413e

"Hello, I am a new seller but have been a perfect feedback buyer since 2006. I'm selling off some of my collection as I am going to be buying a house in the next year, I don't need to sell but like to remain financially responsible and would prefer some extra money in the bank.
Part of the fun of collecting is the journey that I will surely partake in again sometime in the future
but for now I offer you some great games. I will strive be be the best seller possible and will ship all items responsibly as I would want to receive them. All games have been tested and in perfect working order. Thank you for looking/buying !
"

Really??? :roll:

Nothing like price gouging to the tune of a 5x mark up.

Hey cut the guy some slack,he's trying to be responsible.

• Like 1

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208849854891?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220884985489&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

"From what I remember, the game console reset button is not working but the unit functions fine without it. I have not tested the other items in the lot but they are in good condition so I'm pretty sure they'll work"

And he mentions "Sonic the Hedgehog" but where is it in the pics?

Interesting that the seller doesn't show another pic of the Pac Man cart so we can see the main label if it has one.

Pacman is standard IMO.

What about the console? Is it a sears or a 2800? Do they all look like that underneath... I can't remember if my 2800 had those switches, but it just looks like the manufacture label has been removed and some b/s engraved in about a 'pilot'.

His story about his wife working at Atari back when the first console came out, and relating it to this console obviously has one huge flaw in that the 2800 didn't come out til much later...

Yeah b/s listing I say

Both the SEARS VIDEO ARCADE II and the Atari 2800 from Japan have underside switches -- the console badge has been removed is all... can't see the controller badges well but the 2800 had metallic badges with "ATARI" and the fuji symbol whereas the SVA2 had "SEARS / VIDEO ARCADE II" on them -- the cartridge looks like a run of the mill pacman game missing the label.

The seller hasn't used ebay in 3 years (and has never sold anything) and pops on to fraudulently sell a $2000 item :lolblue: LOL.

Edited by atariluvr77

I just looked at the bottom of my SEARS VA2 -- the auction items is slightly different in that there's a glossy square (for lack of a better term) above the right side switch on the underside, so it MIGHT be a 2800 -- I don't have one to compare it to... but HERE'S a link to a 2800 site that shows the underside and it looks like it has the glossy square...

No way to know fure sure though because all the badging has been removed from the auction items and the Sears VA2 might have had a revision with that feature...