IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

I've got a wanted listing on a local classifieds, seeking Atari cartridges.

Here's a transcript from a recent idiot who got owned. ;)

him: hi whats your number

me: I don't give out my number. What do you have? Email me some pics.

him: atari 6 switch woodgrain console with 10 games and 1 joystick cheers

me: Cool. What are the games? Got any pics? Cheers

him: ok so how much would you offer (shows me a pic of a nice 6 switcher with 10 common loose games, combat etc..)

me: Thanks for the pics. Unfortunately there's nothing there that I need.

The games are pretty common, and without boxes or manuals, are worth around $2 each.

The 6 switch woody (or light sixer) is in pretty nice condition and you could probably get about $50 for it.

So all up - as a bundle - perhaps $60-$70

Good luck with your sale.

him: HA sorry yea ill pass ill rather take the offer I got for $270 why do all you blody Australian mongrols try to rip people so take your 2 bucks a game and 50 buck console and SHOVE ITA UP YOUR ASS

So this takes me by surprise, I was just trying to be polite and helpful, and I think my valuation of his items was quite realistic! Any way I see a listing on ebay, same pics that he sent me, I do some more research and find that his ebay id is actually his full name (lol), and I do a quick google search and find his life story ;)

me: F$%^ you are too funny Gary!

Firstly, I'd say someone would have to be pretty stupid to make you an offer of $270 when you have it listed on ebay for $229 or best offer. Which I see is still not sold nor any official offers made.

Secondly, I don't see how I am trying to rip you off - you must have misunderstood me - I don't want your s$^# for $60-$70, that's only how much I said it would be worth, not how much I'd pay - I pick common s#$% up like you are selling from markets and garage sales for far less than that.

Thirdly, I was giving you my honest and informed, polite opinion - why be such a rude $^@# to me?

And finally Gary, if you don't like Australian honesty, why don't you f#$% off back to South Africa?

All the best.

• Like 2

"No Rounded Corners"

"Official Vent Holes"

???

System Includes: 4 "AA" Batteries. I wonder what they look like after all this time. Oh, you will never know. It is sealed up. ???

Well, batteries are always packed sepertaly. And since they are sealed, I'm sure they haven't leaked, but the charge is probably gone. This looks like the real deal allright, but way overpriced. I wonder what it's actually worth? $200-300?

Well, batteries are always packed sepertaly. And since they are sealed, I'm sure they haven't leaked, but the charge is probably gone. This looks like the real deal allright, but way overpriced. I wonder what it's actually worth? $200-300?

Your claim about batteries is incorrect. I have actually seen a previously sealed Gameboy opened and the batteries did leak through the plastic wrap around them into the surrounding box.

I own a pinball machine that uses AA batteries to keep high score information in memory while the machine is turned off. Two different pinball repairmen have warned me that batteries emit a gas when they get old that destroys electronics.

Based on this, I would think it is possible that anything that is sealed with the original batteries may not be in working condition (unless you are counting on the plastic around the batteries to be air-tight and to have remained intact after any acid leaking out).

Someone with more experience dealing with NOS electronic items that come packaged with batteries can probably confirm or correct this assumption.

I had a nice boxed LCD tv from the 80's and I guess my dad never used the original batteries and they leaked all over the place and ruined the manual, box and leatherette case. They were shrink sealed, but it was more like a piece of tubular shrink wrap so the ends weren't truly sealed. But not all batteries leak or corrode. I have a nice little collection of (mostly Radio Shack) vintage batteries that are fine, a few came with a 100-in-one electronics kit from the 60's and are absolutely perfect.

Sam guy:

A once in a lifetime RARE ITEM to purchase this is the KARATEKA for the Atari XE it has very minimal numbers and is highly sought after... This is already a vintage collectors ITEM. I wish I did not have to sell it...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FRAREST-Atari-XE-game-RARE-Collectors-Items-Grew-KARATEKA-from-1980s-Only-Listin-%2F221263268672%3Fhash%3Ditem3384518b40

The rarest!

Same guy paid $152.50 for Tunnel Runner only a few weeks ago.

Looks like a bidding war between 2 bidders. I think they both got carried away.

Looks like a bidding war between 2 bidders. I think they both got carried away.

The same guys on both. I know I've seen the guy shown as 2***s with private feedback a LOT lately. Seems like he just came on the scene over the past year and has been wiling to spend ridiculous sums. He also likes to bid up things in small increments and not just place his maximum bid.

Another example of his bidding here. As of right now however our old friend johnsgirl2 is in the lead for this very nice piece.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FBrand-New-Factory-Sealed-Cakewalk-Atari-2600-%2F121154781495%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem1c35634137