IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

The same guys on both. I know I've seen the guy shown as 2***s with private feedback a LOT lately. Seems like he just came on the scene over the past year and has been wiling to spend ridiculous sums. He also likes to bid up things in small increments and not just place his maximum bid.

Another example of his bidding here. As of right now however our old friend johnsgirl2 is in the lead for this very nice piece.

http://rover.ebay.co...=item1c35634137

2***s is Andre 81 who is a member here and posted in this very thread two above you. He regularly posts about auctions here mocking how much the high bidder bid when he is often just a dollar or two below the high bid. Funny and sad at the same time.

A CIB Superman that is text label is worth around $100.

Edit: a "Sears" text label CIB is worth around $100

Edited by atari181

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2612449465661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261244946566&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Crappy condition console with 22 games and manuals = $1250!

Question to seller:

$1250

or $125?

I think you made a typo?

Answer from seller:

No I haven't thanks this has books so please do not bother me with this silly comment

my response to seller:

each to their own.... good luck with that one!

seller:

Thanks already had people playing jokes and will report as I'm not here for time wasters

:skull:

Looks like the seller took your advice...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FAtari-2600-%2F261253972979%3F

...sort of. :lolblue:

• Like 1

Probably the wrong place for it but not worth starting another thread for either and I bet you guys know the answer: Has anyone paid for an auction with paypal and then had it say (on the paypal page) that the payment was "unclaimed" by the seller?

I've never sold but have never run into this as a buyer--every payment has just gone through instantly.

Probably the wrong place for it but not worth starting another thread for either and I bet you guys know the answer: Has anyone paid for an auction with paypal and then had it say (on the paypal page) that the payment was "unclaimed" by the seller?

I've never sold but have never run into this as a buyer--every payment has just gone through instantly.

It is because the seller listed a Paypal address that has never been activated. Could be its their first auction and they have yet to sign up for Paypal. If they are not a new seller it's more than likely they put the wrong Paypal address into the auction listing.

I would send a message to the seller and see what's up.

It is because the seller listed a Paypal address that has never been activated. Could be its their first auction and they have yet to sign up for Paypal. If they are not a new seller it's more than likely they put the wrong Paypal address into the auction listing.

I would send a message to the seller and see what's up.

Thank you atari181!

I looked at his feedback (thinking maybe I had been fooled and it was all feedback for him as a buyer) and he has clearly sold before as people commented on his shipping and said "as described", etc. But the paypal page says "The recipient of this payment is Unregistered". I sent him a message.

Hmm ok the guy said they had to change their email and that I'll have to use his new one, which I assume means I have to send it via paypal outside of ebay. I don't have any real reason to doubt him (the old email and new are similar, just dif providers so story makes sense) but is this a bad idea? Is only for $8.50. I am just a little worried as I am not a super familiar ebayer and it says right on there NOT to complete transactions outside of ebay.

• Like 1

Hmm ok the guy said they had to change their email and that I'll have to use his new one, which I assume means I have to send it via paypal outside of ebay. I don't have any real reason to doubt him (the old email and new are similar, just dif providers so story makes sense) but is this a bad idea? Is only for $8.50. I am just a little worried as I am not a super familiar ebayer and it says right on there NOT to complete transactions outside of ebay.

As long as it is through PayPal and not a 'gift' payment, then you are covered by their policy. I think you may even be able to reference the item number from eBay.

• Like 1

I think the following ebay listing meets all four requirements of this topic.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FVGA-GRADED-NM-80-ATARI-400-800-Princess-and-Frog-ATARI-Video-Game-System-NEW-%2F290967527736%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem43bf042138%255D290967527736

Someone paid a grading company who gave it a grading of 80+ NEAR MINTcalling it a 5 1/4 INCH DISK GAME. I don't think I'd ever trust their grading system, they didn't even look close enough to read the box and see it is a cartridge game. Then the seller thinks it's worth $1,129.95, at least they made it Best offer and the plastic case will protect it.