IGNORED

Show me your collection

Htbaa

Ok, here's my JagStuff :)

2 Boxes (Jag and JagCD), the console with CD-Addon, 2 Standard- + 1 STE-Controller, boxed Memory Track, the official Jaguar Baseball-Cap :D, 12 boxed and 4 loose cart games and 3 cd-games :)

Mike

I love that baseball cap! :lust:

I'll have to move that up on my list of priorities. That and the coffee mug.. ;)

@Gunstarhero- Nice pic! I especially like that Space Ace box. That's super rare from what I've seen. 8)

Here's just the Jaguar section of my games collection :) I also have the boxes for the console and the JagCd, but I didnt' bother taking a pic of those, if you want to see what they look like just scroll up. :D  This is one of 3 of my systems that everything I get must be complete or I don't want it. This, N64 and NeoGeo fit this bill.

Hmph! They are **NOT** in alphbetical order!!! And you dare call yourself a collector????? :D

Nice collection GS!

Mendon

i have a question... why do people have like 3 jaguars and 4 2600s and like 3 jaguar cd units? i dont get. as you can tell im kinda new. i started collecting awhile ago. i dont have any duplicate systems only like 2 of the same games (one is sealed the other i play :P ) im not saying its dumb or anything i'd just like to know is all. another thing i got a power cord for my jag cd. it plays music cds and does the little music light trippy thing (forgive me i dont know what it is called off hand) does it mean it would play the cd games without any trouble :? the cd drive plays cart games fine but i dont wanna buy an expensive cd game and not work.

You'll see people with multiple Jag consoles because alot of them like to be able to try out the network feature of the Jaguar. Doom and Battlesphere support this. I openly admit that people with 4 copies of Battlesphere irks me a bit because I want one of my own, and most of those copies just sit there all the time on a shelf, and with the limited print run, tons of people are missing out.

I have 3 2600 consoles because there are so many different variations of the machine, I have a six switch Sears telegames console, the 2600 jr. and regular 4 switch Atari Woodgrain 2600. It's just more for collecting purposes, not hoarding, as you can't really hoard anything on the 2600 as there is so much of all of it. All of us here could have 50 2600 consoles, and the price of them wouldn't budge.

I don't know a reason to own more than one Jag CD, but there are plenty of them going around so it really doesn't matter. I can't think of a practical reason to have more than one, since I dont' think there are any networkable CD games.

@xenomorpher: You have a fully-working JagCD if it can play audio CDs, go and get some games for it :)

Personally I only have two Jags, one (heavily) modified and one stock, though I keep meaning to pick up a cheap base-unit only and remod it from the beginning; my modded one's had so much done to it in the way of hacks and patches that there's not a lot I can do before it stops working altogether ;)

Stone

hey thanks stone i'll do that. any must haves? plus is it hard to do mods on the jag like what stuff do you need, what can you mod, and can a person do it without knowing extremely alot about computer?

You need a certain amount of technical knowledge, and knowing which end of a soldering iron gets hot and how to use it is a good place to start.

For me the most useful mods to my Jag have been a BIOS switch for BJL (homebrew system allowing demo uploads) and Stub roms (official Atari ROM allowing use of an Alpine development board), a region switch and a reset button.

Of those none will be any use at all in the grand scheme of things unless you plan to play with coding and/or doing strange things to your video output :)

Stone

hey thanks stone i'll do that. any must haves? plus is it hard to do mods on the jag like what stuff do you need, what can you mod, and can a person do it without knowing extremely alot about computer?

You need a certain amount of technical knowledge, and knowing which end of a soldering iron gets hot and how to use it is a good place to start.

For me the most useful mods to my Jag have been a BIOS switch for BJL (homebrew system allowing demo uploads) and Stub roms (official Atari ROM allowing use of an Alpine development board), a region switch and a reset button.

Of those none will be any use at all in the grand scheme of things unless you plan to play with coding and/or doing strange things to your video output :)

Stone

Stone is the "Master of Modification" on the Jaguar. If I need something done I'm shooting him an e-mail. He did my BJL and my light gun. Stone, you DA MAN!

Hi, my collection is not nearly as impressive as others I've seen here, but here it is:

2 K-Series Jags (All Hookups)

1 CD Drive

2 Controllers

Jag-Link

Memory Track

Air Cars

Black Ice White Noise Rev. 18

Iron Solider

Iron Solider 2 CD

Zool 2

Space Ace

Highlander

Cybermorph 1 meg I used to have the 2 meg

World Tour Racing

Raiden

Fight For Life

Skiing and Snowboarding

Jag-Ads

Myst

Myst Demo

Native Demo

Painter JagFest Edition

Vid Grid

Supercross 3-D

Trevor McFur

Hover Strike

Wolfenstein 3-D

In addition to the Jag images I posted above, I also wanted to share my NUON collection too...

I have the Toshiba player with a logitech controller and these games

Tempest 3000, Merlin Racing, Space Invaders XL, Freefall 3D,

also traded the Tetris for a Ballistic

and finally the awesome Iron Soldier 3 I got on ebay a while back

post-845-1073755054_thumb.jpg

Hey, Stone!  

I don't think you ever put here a picture showing your full-of-mods Jaguar, didn't you?

So, come on, behave yourself and show us how good are you in taking pictures :)  

Ciao!

Look on page 2 ;)

It's just got two switches on the back-right (non-functional, they're plugging holes in the case ;)), two on the front 'corners' (region and LED colour) and two on the back (identical to Jay Smith's) which switch between BJL and Stub94 and short out the BootROM, respectively. Never quite got around to fixing that one :lol:

I have picked up some more stuff since that post all that time ago though, maybe I should take some more pics one of these days :)

Stone

• 2 weeks later...
In addition to the Jag images I posted above, I also wanted to share my NUON collection too...

I have the Toshiba player with a logitech controller and these games

Tempest 3000, Merlin Racing, Space Invaders XL, Freefall 3D,

also traded the Tetris for a Ballistic

and finally the awesome Iron Soldier 3 I got on ebay a while back

Cool, nice NUON collection (don't see many of these posted ;))