IGNORED

Show me your collection

Htbaa

That would be great. Is it a clear piece or is there a tint to it?

I'm also missing the light fixture in the back that lights up the area where the Jag sits. I'm assuming it's just a regular 12" or so flourescent light?

Thanks,

-Kevin

That would be great. Is it a clear piece or is there a tint to it?

I'm also missing the light fixture in the back that lights up the area where the Jag sits. I'm assuming it's just a regular 12" or so flourescent light?

Thanks,

-Kevin

The plexiglass is clear but has an odd shape to allow for the latch and also a little handle like deal to open it with.

The light is a little 12" "under the cabinet" kind of lamp. It's pretty cheap. It's white and has a white cover over the tube.

heres some of my Jag Stuff, im to lazy to get the rest of my stuff out from my closet and take pix tonight so itll have to wait another day :)

but for now i thought id contribute something :D

For the cd games what you cant see is Iron Soldier 2, World Tour Racing, Myst Demo CD, Native Demo CD, Jugs CD

Just a quick update to my stuff, i took some more pix of a few others things i have, since i was bored, ill get the rest another time :D

In one pic is my second jag brand new never opened with my Jagcd Box, standard controllers, controller xtension cables, manuals, composite cable, kasumi ninja headband and some other stuffs

i chucked the boxes away as they are carboard and they start to look like shit after a few months of use

:o How could you did it?!!!!!!!!

;)

very easyly, as i'm a games player not a collecter :D

And I'm a player-collector :D

Like VintageGamer, I still have all the boxes; and, for carts that I found without, I made boxes for it :)

Yesterday my wife found the pile of jag-related boxes I stored in a closet. She couldn't understand why should I keep them. "They're just boxes! Once you take the content out, their goal is acomplished." It took me ten minutes to explain, but I think I didn't succeed. Anyway, I'll keep the boxes (permission granted). I don't really know why, but I like to keep them. And I am not planning to sell anything, just keep the boxes :)

BTW, I still have the box of my TI-59 calculator (go figure!) with thermal paper printer and Solid State Software cartridges (along with the working calculator and printer, of course).

But she didn't find it :D

• 1 month later...
JaySmith has the mother of all collections!!!  Jay, when are you going to start developing some games?  It's a shame to let all that hardware go to waste!  I have a few games. . . .hehehe

Hey Bizdude, you got a pretty sweet collection there yourself! It sure looks like you take care of your games. :) Never say never, I can promise you my hardware isn't going to waste. :)

Jason

I finally grabbed a couple shots of my kiosk. 8)  Woohoo, this thing rocks!! :love:

You're right, it does :)

Shame the Jag logo was designed into being off-centre...I'll admit it looks like that on the Jag, but having it centred in the middle would look much better, imho...

Is the controller removable? If you're gonna use BSG you should probably have a ProController on it ;)

Stone

Shame the Jag logo was designed into being off-centre...I'll admit it looks like that on the Jag, but having it centred in the middle would look much better, imho...

Stone

I always imagined it being a design mistake.

[conversation between Atari employees]

"Umm, ok we designed these cool display kiosks but the stickers don't fit right. I forgot to allow space for the long R at the end of the logo."

"Ahh who cares, just slap the sticker on there crooked and ship 'em out. Nobody will ever notice."

[/conversation between Atari employees]

:D

-Kevin

I always imagined it being a design mistake.

[conversation between Atari employees]

"Umm, ok we designed these cool display kiosks but the stickers don't fit right. I forgot to allow space for the long R at the end of the logo."

"Ahh who cares, just slap the sticker on there crooked and ship 'em out. Nobody will ever notice."

[/conversation between Atari employees]

:D

-Kevin

And how many of those can we think of? :D

I particularly like the flash cart (v2) design - the cart-insert pins were originally connected to the GAL logic, then later had the tracks cut and soldered together. Looks like the original plan was to have the GAL tell the Jag there was a cart inserted once it was finished uploading something, so they did the PCB design, then someone realised the Jag won't even power up without the two lines being connected together :D

Stone

Ya those games sure are nice and shiny  :D  Don't tell me you have all those games NIB + shrinkwrap?  :o

Why, yes, they are shrinkwrapped - thanks for noticing :P

But don't worry - they're not NIB - I play my collections.

I only wrapped them to protect them.

For some reason, I think this system is going to be very valuable and highly collectible in the not too distant future. Hmm, I wonder why that could be . . . .

I finally grabbed a couple shots of my kiosk. 8)  Woohoo, this thing rocks!! :love:

You're right, it does :)

Is the controller removable? If you're gonna use BSG you should probably have a ProController on it ;)

Stone

If you look at the logo, it is pretty much centered. The distance from the long scratched on the bottom of the "R" and the right edge is about the same as the distance from the left edge and the "J".

This makes the "R" a thin, light area, and the "JAGUA" a heavy area and it is an optical illusion it's off center. Some people visually prefer the edges be equidistant and some people prefer to ignore the edges and try and compensate for the illusion. It's a matter of personal taste.

The plexiglass is clear but has an odd shape to allow for the latch and also a little handle like deal to open it with.

Hi! Can you describe what the "little handle like deal" looks like, or maybe snap a picture of it? I've searched through a lot of pics but can't seem to find anything resembling a handle. Thanks. :)

@TheBizDude- Those boxes in that condition are eye candy! Mmmm... boxed Cybermorph *drool*

Is the controller removable?

The controller is attached to a 2 1/2" by 3 1/8" plate with no visible screws or bolts seen from the outside. I guess it would be removable, but I don't know how easily without opening it up and taking a peek.

Hi! Can you describe what the "little handle like deal" looks like, or maybe snap a picture of it? I've searched through a lot of pics but can't seem to find anything resembling a handle. Thanks. :)

@TheBizDude- Those boxes in that condition are eye candy! Mmmm... boxed Cybermorph *drool*

The controller is attached to a 2 1/2" by 3 1/8" plate with no visible screws or bolts seen from the outside. I guess it would be removable, but I don't know how easily without opening it up and taking a peek.

I'll scan it and send a diagram of it your way.

I'll scan it and send a diagram of it your way.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. :)

Ya those games sure are nice and shiny  :D  Don't tell me you have all those games NIB + shrinkwrap?  :o

Why, yes, they are shrinkwrapped - thanks for noticing :P

But don't worry - they're not NIB - I play my collections.

I only wrapped them to protect them.

For some reason, I think this system is going to be very valuable and highly collectible in the not too distant future. Hmm, I wonder why that could be . . . .

Hey Bizdude, is your Primal Rage box in mint condition? That is the one box that I haven't been able to get un-smooshed (is that a word?)....

Jason