IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

interesting auction for those Europeans who like uncommon variants (Ignorama?):

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Lotto-3-Giochi-Intellivision-Pal-Rari-completi-di-tutto-/171971235890?hash=item280a48d032:g:Nm4AAOSwx~JWFLu-

interesting only because of Math Fun with Italian manual which is pretty rare, but it seems that the seller ships only to Europe.

FOR HARDCORE COLECTORS ONLY

This copy of Beamrider includes the very rare manual in Italian (and the price is fair, IMO):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAMRIDER-INTELLIVISION-COMPLETO-/121802932497?hash=item1c5c054111:g:86oAAOSwYHxWNP5m

EDIT: ah, I'm not the seller nor I know him

self quote...

I wonder if the buyers of the items I reported are AA members. If they are, I'm happy to see that some of you like the "exotic" Italian versions of Intellivision games.

The seller reported by Spadafermo51 has also this for sale. Not cheap, but, hey, it's a sealed Melody Blaster in gatefold box. It has probably the super rare Italian manual inside!

Edited by intellivotion

If the seller will ship with registered mail (but with no insurance), it would be about 10 Euros for one game.

One or two games can be shipped that way.

I have to correct myself:

- for one game with registered mail it would be 13.90 Euros

- for 2-3 games with registered mail it would be about 20 Euros

Sorry...

Edited by intellivotion

self quote...

I wonder if the buyers of the items I reported are AA members. If they are, I'm happy to see that some of you like the "exotic" Italian versions of Intellivision games.

The seller reported by Spadafermo51 has also this for sale. Not cheap, but, hey, it's a sealed Melody Blaster in gatefold box. It has probably the super rare Italian manual inside!

I picked up the lot containing Math Fun.

• Like 1

Is it just me or has there been a lot of Spiker's for sale lately?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301794985454?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's not just you. This happens every time "the rarest game on system X" becomes more widely known. A lot of people decide to cash in on the high prices.

A loose Spiker went for about $300 this week, which seems a bit low (even to me, who thinks that recent pricing is a tad out to lunch).

eBay's Global shipping is a joke. I ship world wide without any problems. Printing Customs forms and postage from USPS.com is a snap. It prints on one label and you can drop the package in any mail box, even when over 13 ounces. No need to go to the post office. I think the longest it took to get somewhere was 4 weeks, Italy. No lost packages, even when sending to Brazil.

And it is a lot cheaper than eBay's Global Shipping.

• Like 1

Printing Customs forms and postage from USPS.com is a snap. It prints on one label and you can drop the package in any mail box, even when over 13 ounces. No need to go to the post office.

Can you really do that? The outside of the mailboxes around here say that, because of security concerns, packages can't be put in mailboxes and have to be brought to the counter.

Can you really do that? The outside of the mailboxes around here say that, because of security concerns, packages can't be put in mailboxes and have to be brought to the counter.

"Security concerns", heh. I doubt the sign on a mailbox will stop someone from dropping a bomb in one.

I guess they think that security cameras monitoring the counter will ID the person doing the drop.

That goes for hand addressed with postage stamps. Read that warning carefully. It does not apply to printed labels and postage.

post-34424-0-00147200-1447276277_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoulBuster

Uh...

Did someone already call this one INSANE?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTELLIVISION-LOT-OF-650-GAME-INSTRUCTION-SYSTEM-MANUALS-GAME-CATALOGS-and-More-/141702893888?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Or is there some sort of magical gem in there I'm missing?

Not that I can see. I think it's just sheer volume -- but really, crazy price, even at 0.50 per item.

There are a couple old master component manuals in there, but at least a quick glance doesn't show anything really amazing.

So, I decided to take the plunge and order some of the sealed games from Venezuela. I figure for $20 + free shipping, I can't lose. Not to flog the dead horse, but that's cheaper than shipping on a single game from most US sellers :P So I get this on the opening bid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-INTELLIVISION-GAMES-DIFFERENT-NEW-SEALED-VECTRON-SUB-HUNT-NIGHT-STALKER-SKI-/181917695212?nma=true&si=kX5blw%252FVE70iqstNLhkWBmDI2nQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

How did it arrive?

Well... first, the Mattel cardboard box you see came shipped flat. Makes sense, as it fits into a Fedex box easier. It doesn't look quite as minty-new as in the pic - in fact I know for sure that it's a different box due to the taping - but whatever. If anyone wants it, I could probably part with it. It's still a Mattel box with 1980 on it, kinda cool.

Second - only 4 games came sealed. Including the Vectron which I think may be the gem of the lot. They're all Intellivision Inc. editions. I'm not sure if this is factory sealing; there's variation in the seams. I'm not a sealed guy so I don't care too much, but...

Third - I actually got 7 games in total. The other 3 are gatefolds, and the bonus game is Astrosmash - which shows some ugly damage on the inside of the box. Astrosmash and Deadly Discs do not have the plastic cart holders. Night Stalker's manual has rusting staples. However, the overlays for all 3 are MINT and even have the paper backing. And they each came with mint instructions and catalogs - Astrosmash even has the insert for the instructions update.

Fourth - given the not-so-perfect sealing job (there are some obvious holes in the pictures, minor but it helps identify them), 2 of the sealed games match up and were what was pictured. 2 clearly are not from the picture. I can't speak to whether or not the others were from the picture, or if "customs" opened the seal and discarded the plastic.

Overall? Quite the mixed bag. I've heard horror stories about "customs" damaging stuff from Venezuela. Mine came nowhere near as bad as it could have been, but also not exactly as listed on Ebay. And I'm pretty sure "customs" did not cause a rusty staple or some of the other subtle signs of wear that I've noticed. I seriously doubt that I was shipped "exactly" what was in the picture, but it seems "close". For $20? I got 7 boxed games, 4 in great shape and sealed, 2 in decent if slightly crushed shape, and 1 better than some but not great shape. I think it was worth it for fun, but I can see why people advise caution. I'm no expert on sealed games but these do not seem original. And why would 2 out of 6 be opened? I suspect the free Astrosmash was the seller's way of covering up his small bit of false advertising.

Oh - and it only took 8 days from winning the auction to receiving it. From South America. I'm impressed.