IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

In 15 years of eBay I've never been charged anything by Canada Customs. The only "customs" fees I've paid are the handful of Global Shipping Program items I've purchased that still wound up being a reasonable price with that silly fee included. In general I avoid sellers who use the program.

• Like 1

I usually ask sellers to change there shipping to international shipping from global and that avoids the duty part. but some still charge outrages cost for single games. most can ship from around 8.00 to 10.00.. and that's if they chose to change it to international.. shipping

• Like 1

Another Math Fun with the COLOR TV text in the artwork:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Mattel-Intellivision-Model-2609-with-12-Games-Cards-Manuals-/181935055781?hash=item2a5c2ca3a5:g:z~QAAOSweuxWS8XW

Kind of expensive if this is all you need from this lot though. It is complete and looks like it is in very good shape from what you can see in the pics.

Man, there sure are a lot of Sears units on Ebay lately. I really want one, but the minimum bid + stupid shipping (dead horse, dead horse) means I'd be in for $100+ just to get one. Plus most are being listed as "untested". They don't seem to be selling all that often; I wonder if sellers ever think to drop their starting price when things don't sell.

Man, there sure are a lot of Sears units on Ebay lately. I really want one, but the minimum bid + stupid shipping (dead horse, dead horse) means I'd be in for $100+ just to get one. Plus most are being listed as "untested". They don't seem to be selling all that often; I wonder if sellers ever think to drop their starting price when things don't sell.

The whole "untested" or "estate sale" thing is stopping me from grabbing a Sears unit. The shipping is OK (12-20 bucks) if I time it to ship to my US address, but the hassle of returning it isn't worth it.

I don't recall seeing any at PRGE or I would have snagged one. I already got burned by a 7800 we picked up, it was only $50 with a few games and the original box, and I'll open it up to see what's going on, but still annoying...

I wonder how much it would be to ship one province to province?

Well, Canada Post is the same Government owned entity that spent 1/2 billion dollars (slightly exaggerated but not much) for an efficiency and modernization review.

Some hilights:

-Double every shipping charge (local or international)

-Change the calculation for packages to be as expensive as possible, make calculation favor LxWxH more than weight.

01 lb box, 20"x20"x10" would cost 38 to send 50 miles to my mother.

10 lb 2"x2"x2" would cost 19, same distance

-Change carrier workflow.

This one comes from a friend that used to be a carrier for 15 years until the recent changes:

Old way:Carriers have a route. Efficient, hard workers get route done early, go home. Inefficient carriers work longer days until they are done.

New way:If you are done your route early, you must return to assist a less efficient or lazy carrier to complete their route...result: Best carriers quit...

Ah, that's the one I asked for a picture of from a larger lot. Obviously someone asked the seller to split out and sell separately. Original listing seems to be gone.