IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

New to the Intellivision scene... (well, had one as a kid, just coming back)

I would like to start a decent/modest collection with some boxed games complete with overlays. What should I expect to pay for a console in good condition and 10-12 games with boxes and overlays?

I have seen some auctions, but eBay can be tricky with Buy it Now prices and last-second sniping. Just curious what's typical/fair. A local shop here has a Sears INTV for sale with 2 cart-only games for $30.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice you've got. Likely be new year before I can dig my way out of the holidays and have some extra walkin' around money. :)

Welcome to the Inty forums. If that Sears is working, grab it for that price. As for games, where are you? I'm sure there will be a few people near you just dying to get rid of a ton of common CIB games for cheap. Great thing about the Inty is that so many of the best games are actually commons.

So I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay and after paying some bills and for most of my Thanksgiving trip, I have a whopping $70 left in my PayPal account. I figured I would blow it all on one item from the original 125 that I need. So here is what I'm after:

Since I can make my own INTV style boxes and manuals, I need these carts:

The Jetsons' Ways With Words

Tower of Doom

Triple Challenge

Super Pro Decathlon

Also:

Congo Bongo

Body Slam!

Mountain Madness

Stadium Mud Buggies

Learning Fun I

Learning Fun II

Spiker!

...But I know better than to dream THAT big! lol

So if anyone out there comes across a deal on these out on the Bay and doesn't need them themselves, SCREAM BLOODY MURDER at me! ;)

You can make your own boxes? Printed?

Please do tell!!! I have an upcoming game release for the TI that I will need boxes for. :)

Mine are the one-off variety printed on a high end color copier. See here and here for examples. These are NOT like the commercially printed, high grade reproductions and are a little over half as thick as those or original boxes. Each one also takes me about half an hour to construct by hand. So if you're looking to do 50 or so boxes, these will not suffice. I can barely keep up with the demand for the dozen or so Piggy and Blix box requests I have now, lol.

There are members here that have access or connections to people that could produce real, professional boxes though. I'm not sure if they would want me dropping their names here or not though. But they are some REVolutionary collectors who are very ScMART people ;)

• Like 1

So I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay and after paying some bills and for most of my Thanksgiving trip, I have a whopping $70 left in my PayPal account. I figured I would blow it all on one item from the original 125 that I need. So here is what I'm after:

Since I can make my own INTV style boxes and manuals, I need these carts:

The Jetsons' Ways With Words

Tower of Doom

Triple Challenge

Super Pro Decathlon

Also:

Congo Bongo

Body Slam!

Mountain Madness

Stadium Mud Buggies

Learning Fun I

Learning Fun II

Spiker!

...But I know better than to dream THAT big! lol

So if anyone out there comes across a deal on these out on the Bay and doesn't need them themselves, SCREAM BLOODY MURDER at me! ;)

You will have a PM coming soon (probably tomorrow after work). :)

Where are you located? I have loads of extra CIB versions of common games i'll give you for $1 each plus postage

but postage from here in Canada can get expensive

Welcome to forum btw

Steve,

That would be lovely! I will start acquiring new game probably sometime shortly after the new year... I will get with you then, for sure. Much appreciated, and I look forward to seeing what you've got!!! The game I remember most from my childhood was Intellivision Football. My dad and uncles would play it every time they got together.

Imagine what happened when Tecmo Bowl for the NES came out.... Things were never quite the same. ;)

I've put my Intellivision Keyboard Component / Computer Module up for auction. No buy it now, no reserve. I'll ship worldwide. It's a bit expensive but the keyboard component is a heavy beast.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/262162294100?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Here is the auction text. If you have anymore questions just let me know, I'll try my best to answer them. Only thing I won't do is open up the component.

---

The Keyboard Component/Computer Module on offer is sold as non-working/defective. Please read the auction desciption very carefully.
Technical Condition: The system starts up, but the picture I get on my PAL LCD TV is very poor (the TV has no fine tuning). The letter "Z" from the keyboard is locked down and I was not able to fix that. It takes no other keyboard command (there might be other keys not working, but as I stated, I cannot test this due to the "Z" issue). Since I don't want to cause more damage I haven't tried to open up the system to check if this issue can be solved easily. The tape deck cannot be opened. The Tandyvision system is included because it's connected to the computer module and I don't want to accedentaly damage the interface cables. I wasn't able to test game cartridges because I couldn't enter the command due to the keyboard issues.
Optical Condition: The system is in a good optical condition (please check the pictures)
Scope of Delivery: Intellivision Keyboard Component (Serial Number #2193/4000), Radio Shack Tandyvision One (Intellivision videogame system, NTSC), US powercable (120 Volt), TV switchbox, US antenna cable, cable extender. There are NO documents or cassettes included.
General Description: Works with Intellivision Master Component: adds 8-bit 6502 microprocessor, 16K RAM expandable to 8 Meg, full keyboard, digitally controlled cassette drive for both data and audio content, expansion ports, printer port
Comment: 4,000 Keyboard Components were made; all sold were recalled for full refund; owners who wanted to keep theirs had to sign waiver absolving Mattel of all future support for the component.
More information about the system can be found here: http://papaintellivision.com/docKeyboard.php

*** Final bump *** 18 hours left :)

The sears systems are one of the best ones out there? I have one, and I've been considering getting an original or INTV2 to have modded to play with modern TVs. Should I mod my sears console?

I bought a modded Sears unit i love it . I have good controllers for it, plus i bought some adapter cables so i can use flashback controllers on it

That I am sure is true, but there is a guy in Italy who would probably purchase this game to be 1 game away from the 125 club.

Hey, Intellivotion PM him and ask if he can make an exception on where to ship to if you are the highest bidder!!!! :)

intellivotion appreciates A LOT your offer of help, wolfy :)

Or, since I am 30 minutes from Mojo's house I can go pick it up and ship it to you myself! Cool stuff!!!

PM sent to mojo :)

btw, have you noticed that the most copies of LF I are or have been crushed? I guess it's because the most kids hate the math :lolblue:

Edited by intellivotion

Man, why don't you ease up on giving snappy remarks every now and then pretty frequently in cmarts direction? I've been noticing this, your, trend for quite some time now and I find it... disturbing.

I can only imagine his reaction if he saw the solid-gold INTV cart that cmart wears on an even thicker solid gold chain around his neck. That bling is the shizzle.

• Like 2