IGNORED

Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Marius: 800xl has short cables and will be much lighter than XE

Gary: oh come on ;) that doesn't require an origami masters degree to get done ;) really? well. i'll post some pictures then...

i'm quite tired with the shippments, and i'm very glad that my wife is so kind to help me with paper work

one day i'll buy myself label printer, but i don't think i'll live long enough to see polish post office modernised and using one fit all shipping form

currently there are 4 kinds of forms that i need to fill in - by hand

Gary: oh come on ;) that doesn't require an origami masters degree to get done ;) really? well. i'll post some pictures then...

i'm quite tired with the shippments, and i'm very glad that my wife is so kind to help me with paper work

one day i'll buy myself label printer, but i don't think i'll live long enough to see polish post office modernised and using one fit all shipping form

you cant get some extra forms, make a template in LibreOffice/OpenOffice and fill in template and print?

my lazy ass just fills in the blanks on the USPS website and prints the postage directly :'D

sloopy.

Had an honest LOL at my desk reading your "origami masters degree" :)

Got my tracking number today too - here's hoping that customs doesn't hold on to the package for very long.

Since candle is very busy with everything, I do definately want to give him some rest. Is there anyone else who can show us where to drill in Atari 800XL and 130XE? I really don't want to mess up my MOBO's.

If I saw it detailed on a picture, that would definately give me more confidence to continue installing this upgrade.

And for me personally the pictures showing where to cut traces (about RD4 and RD5) could be a bit more clear to me too.

Sorry :S I simply do not want to kill my Atari's :s

Hi Marius!

I also didn't want to drill any holes into my 800XL PCB, so I mounted the U1MB with just one screw, using a hole that was already present:

post-9299-0-49444800-1322695298_thumb.jpg

Of course that's not as robust as using the second screw, too, but unless you toss around your Atari too much it should still work fine. Also not sure if my cable folding falls into the class of "master origami", but it works :-)

so long,

Hias

Sebastian, as I always write to the smart guys that build awesome hardware for old computers (not only Atari), take your time.

I lived many years without memory expansions, so for me it's not a problem to wait.

One of my 800XLs is abroad waiting for this upgrade since almost a year!

Luckily a nice English family has adoped it. ;)

One of my 800XLs is abroad waiting for this upgrade since almost a year!

Luckily a nice English family has adoped it. ;)

Gonna be hard to let her go... she's like part of the family now! :)

i know its hard, but sometimes when they grow up, you have to let them go out on their own... especially when they are 26 years old ;')

sloopy.

• Like 1

Today I built a test setup on my Atari 800XL.

I found the 4 wired connector too hard to create. Even with the right tools, but with no experience on this subject it is almost impossible to do. So I soldered the 4 wires direct on the Ultimate Board. That would have been my first choice anyway, even when I succeeded in creating that 4 wire-connector. I don't like the idea of a mechanical connection of Ph2 line. But I think that is a matter of taste.

My BASIC does not work, and is crashing my system. I hope that is not because I did something wrong? For the rest it seems to work great!

Good job Candle!

Marius

Hint - those wires/connectors are the exact same type as used for headers on PC motherboards, e.g. power/reset and indicators.

Whenever I get a junker, I keep that sort of stuff. Saves some bux and comes in handy at a later date.

If you've got any of those old CD audio connectors we used to have to use (the larger type not the real small ones) then you could probably cut the 2 wires in half and have what you need.

When I use a BASIC cart everything works fine. But the built-in Basic (I removed the Basic Rom now from my Atari 800XL) does not work as long as my BlackBox is connected.

I'm wondering: could this be such a known PH2 weakness issue? I can't imagine since everything else works fine.

I'm not using Basic that much... but the idea that it doesn't work the way it should work, makes me thing: how to fix this?

Thanks

M.