IGNORED

Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Mirage: i should have this ready by monday - for XE line and 800xl at least

Are you going to be able to post up the instructions and such for these extra modifications to the machine that will now be necessary?

Is there instructions yet for the XE line and 800xl. Mostly look for trace cutting area and end point for the 4 wires.

that depends if your hands stop shaking when you drunk... ;)

no, seriously i can't say anything in term of easyness - if its socketed then you're already half way there, because all that is left is soldering minimum of 3 (maximum of 4) connections, and you're done

You're forgetting to mention cutting the 2 traces and adding the resistors to protect the XILINK chip.

Bill

• Like 1

this is still preliminary, but covers most of the aspects - i've choosen 800xl for this as being most common one, other will get their sections too - don't worry - its just matter of time

batteries depleted, camera had enough, and its almost 4AM here

tomorrow (that is when i wake up, and i'm sure my babydaughter will help me with that) i'll finnish it (mechanical part is still to get covered), but i have also my day job to do

good thing (or bad) is that i work from home office

anyways - here it is - not connected to the main page yet

http://spiflash.org/block/21.html

• Like 2

this is still preliminary, but covers most of the aspects - i've choosen 800xl for this as being most common one, other will get their sections too - don't worry - its just matter of time

tomorrow (that is when i wake up, and i'm sure my babydaughter will help me with that) i'll finnish it (mechanical part is still to get covered), but i have also my day job to do

I told you, go to bed ;')

I will have the x1 130XE done with pics by sat for you, so you dont have to do them all :D

sloopy.

You are doing a wonderful job with that installation guide. +1

Keep doing the good work!

Greetz

M.

Jumper block P4 - this stays unattached? What does it do?

The silkscreen markings are below the header.

It looks to be for selecting which of the 4 OS's(S0/S1), which memory configuration to use(M0/M1), and perhaps also to set write protect(WP) on flashing.

Bill

Gary, Bill - these pins function changed since bios development

originally they were as Bill suggested, to control OS and RAM expansion, now they function doesn't match silkscreen anymore - S0,S1,M0,M1 are GP outputs for controlling external extensions (ie SimpleStereo), and WP is address decoder output for VBXE - its used for D6xx/D7xx page select for VBXE

OK. So does the Ultimate do the address decode itself for $D6xx/$D7xx ? ie, can I just desolder the existing line that provides the D6 VBXE select from the LS chip and move it to that location ?

Also, doco doesn't seem to mention it - what's the hotkey on Reset for getting the config menu. I'll be using in conjunction with IDE Plus 2 so will need to ensure it's not trying to use the same one.

And... the Basic + game - I guess it only applies to XEGS, or does it also override the XL's Basic ?

yes, ultimate does that, and it can be used that way

bios acces combination is help+reset, and it doesn't conflict with ide plus device - cold reset is obtained after help+reset and "c" (as for cold boot)

it does override xl basics, but game is only available when in xegs mode