IGNORED

Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm afraid that every one of You will have to cut 2 traces on Atari motherboard - namely RD4 and RD5 signals - and put resistors in series in between - some of cartridges, have this lines connected directly to 5V supply, which result in very short Ultimate1MB CPLD chip life (minutes).

I don't have any way of putting these resistor on Ultimate1MB board, as traces are pretty dense in that area, so i'm very sory, but every of you will have to do by himself.

After such modification, you can always return to stock configuration by pulling out ultimate board and putting back MMU and OS ROM chips, but this is essential to Ultimate1MB reliability

I could not anticipate, that CPLD chip advertised as 5V tollerant, capable of withstanding 5.5V (7V with overshoot) on each pin according to the datasheet will be destroyed by something that trival - lesson that costed me several chips to learn

shipment still starts tomorrow (monday that is)

plase wait a bit, I'll have to buy some chips to replace these that got burned anyways, so i can buy a couple more, but i really want to have start shipping these boards out without any futher delays

It's a good thing the CPLDs failed quickly, it would have been worse if they had functioned for a couple months before eventually failing

to all of You who have received tracking numbers:

correct address for tracking service is: http://sledzenie.poczta-polska.pl/

i've just completet 12.5% of shipments, so be patient - it will take some time, but once its sent, i'll PM each of you with tracking number

i still don't have details about target machines from some of you - it would be nice if you could fill gaps in

that would apply to:

Freshy

danwinslow

venom4728a

oracle_jedi

8bitguy1

CharlieChaplin

Spancho

FULS

IronWorks

poobah

jvas

Syfo-Dyas

BigBen

z1013

Almost Rice

pjbramley

remowilliams

Mirage

skr

Louis

IndusGT

Van

tjb

RobPattonDotCom

JAC!

if you already sent that info, then i'm sorry - please resend or just reply you sent it already in this thread

Well,

my atari-age messenger tells me, that I already answered this: My target machines are Atari 800XL computers ! I do not own any other Atari 8Bit machines (except the Lynx, but I have doubts the ultimate would fit there)... ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

here is 1200xl install - the cleanest possible one

this is NOT the only possible location, but considering legendary video output quality, RF modulator can be easly sacraficed

ofcourse, if someone doesn't agree, and would have it mounted elsewhere (on the opposite to the cartridge port side of the motherboard) please say so, and i'll prepare apriopriate cable lenghts for him

cabling would be much longer, and i would rather save that area for something more fancy than 1mb upgrade

keyboard puts such constrains on location of ultimate board that ironically its quite hard to fit ultimate board inside

DSC02101.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

DSC02103.JPG

Edited by candle
  • Like 1