IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

A box of C64 stuff today, Orignal model c64 which actually works, SID etc. Some music maker keyboard overlay and tape, boxed. A working disc drive (finally), hmm some tapes as well, An SNES at the bottom of the box. But my biggest find today was a book dated 1982 titled "Usborne Guide to Computer & video games". This is some seriously hilarious reading, I mean it constantly talks about the Future (ie Now) of video games looking like tv and so on. Alot of Atari comments and How to beat games from Atari. Explains hand helds, Arcade and computers, , This IS the 1982 version of "Highscore"

I gotta blab but i love this quote, Remember, Dated 1982, Predicted within 10 years.

"Hand held electronic games will still have liquid crystal displays, But they will probably be in full color and will be as detailed and realistic as the pictures for a TV programme today"

O.K I'm back :D I'll explain in my other thread (when I pay my internet account ;) )

But the short story is I have a Job now :D

Anywho Today netted :

Megadrive:

Barkley: Shut up and Jam

Royal Rumble

TaleSpin

Double Clutch

NBA Jam (original, not the Sega Classics' re-release I already have)

Chakan (trade bait)

F-15 strike eagle 2 (also trade bait)

Mega-CD: (I still haven't got a Mega-CD console)

Arcade Collection - Golden Axe, Super Monaco GP, Streets of rage, columns, The revenge of Shinobi

Chuck Rock 2

Double switch (a TruVideo Production :roll: )

Slam City (with Scottie Pippen :roll: )

Leathal Enforcers 2: Gun Fighters

Dracula Unleashed (another TruVideo game but the cover looks cool)

Tomcat Alley

Formula 1 world championship

FIFA international soccer

All $3 each

AND for $10

A Technics M205 tape deck :D I love the stereo db nedles :love:

and it can use 3 different types of Audio tape :? I'v never even heard of Metal or CrO2 cassettes.

Gamestop find:

They have the Buy 2, get 1 deal so I bought the following:

-Startropics

-Side Pocket

And I got for the free one:

-Toki

The NES selection has been whittled away quite a bit.

The SNES games are still ridiculously $$$ and the selection sucks.

Hmm.

I picked up 5 NES games at the local Goodwill today, giving me an even 100 different NES games.

Friday the 13th $1.99

Ghosts 'n Goblins $1.99

Rush 'n Attack $1.99

Rygar $1.99

NES Open Golf $2.99

They had abot 25 games some I had others I just didnt want to pay the price they wanted. I don't pay more than $2.99 for loose NES games.

Here are some of the games they had

Galaga $4.99

Millipede $4.99

Spy vs Spy $4.99

Contra $6.99

Super Mario Bros $6.99

Super Mario Bors. 3 $6.99

Dragon Spirit $6.99

TigerHeli $6.99

Gradius $6.99

Bart vs the Space mutants $6.99 (The label was almost all gone, if I didnt already have the cart I would have never know what game this was)

Swap-meet find:

Threshold by Tigervision.  Boxed with instructions.  Great condition.  Haven't tested it yet though.  A$2.50

You better not have found it at Wanneroo :ponder: I was their today, and got lots of stuff, but no atari :? .

Creativision/ Dick Smith Wizzard $7

Box Of Sega Consoles and Games $10

Amiga Monitor Cable $1.50

Pong Console RF Unit (Needed) $1.50

Boxed MINT Tandy TRS-80 Thermal Printer: $4

Apple Mac Classic II (With Carry Bag) $10

You better not have found it at Wanneroo

Yup :P

Box Of Sega Consoles and Games              $10

Was that the pack with two Sonic games in blank-black cases? I decided I didn't want another two consoles.

Meanwhile I spotted someone who'd bought at least two Nintendo Game and Watches (He was moving things around in a bag). I hope he got them from the dealer @ ~A$30 each :ponder:

You Lucky Bastard 8) . Those G&W's were off the dealer, that damn dealers at Warwick (The Swapmeet I Patrol) Every Week. BTW I got the Dick Smith Wizzard at warwick. Glad it went to you though, not Some other Evil Collector :D . That was the MD's I bought, a Friend of mine came with me and bought them, which is just for profit for selling on eBay.

Found some cool stuff in a game shop over the weekend. These were all $2 each:

5200 -- James Bond 007

5200 -- Star Wars The Arcade Game

2600 -- Scuba Diver (Panda), Frankenstein's Monster, Bank Heist, Planet Patrol (with "Spectravideo" label and case. Is this PAL? It works on my NTSC console)

Picked up a few NES carts for $2.99 each today, all loose.

Solar Jetman

Bible Buffet

Exodus

Spiritual Warfare

Has anyone played these wisdom tree games? Are they any fun? These are the first I have ever found.

They are horrible. The only value is in collecting them, as games they just plain stink!

Finally found some SNES games at a thrift. Paid $4.99 each but these are the first SNES carts I have found since buying my SNES console a few weeks back.

The SNES carts are

Super Mario World

Super Tennis (Had this game with my original SNES, pretty good tennis game)

Madden NFL '97 (They also had '94, '95 & '96, I decided that then newest one should be the best)

Tru Golf Waialae Country Club

I also picked up Ballon Fight for the NES for $2.99

I also found what appears to be an Atari "Wico Command Control" joystick its red and black, no model numbers or anything. Anybody know anything about these joysticks?

Today's haul..

A boxed Ski or Die complete for $5

A boxed RoboWarrior for $2

Three crappy Wisdom Tree games: Exodus and two LVAR of King of Kings

(approx. $5 each)

All 10% off

And 2 Atari carts (Combat and Defender) thrown in for free. :D

One famicom clone with all hookups,

Can you post a pic or expand a bit??

Is it for sale trade if it is PM Me!

Its called the "Terminator, ending Man", It also sates to be the world most popular console, It also has died in the Butt after only a few goes. Does anyone have any idea on repairing machines that dont fire up????

I found a couple of NES carts for $2.50... nothing remarkable enough for me to even remember, also a 4meg expansion pack for the N64 for .90, a Cybiko for $6 (hey, it plays games... right?) and the coolest thing is a Wataba SuperVision for $10.

The SuperVision is a GameBoy clone, but it bends in the middle so you can play it on a tabletop. The single cart I got is about the same size as a Game Boy cart, but I doubt that they're compatible. It has the same kind of weird green LCD screen on it. Really, the only thing cool about it is that it looks like it's from Star Trek.

I saw one last year at the Midwest Classic, and thought that it was really cool - though I'm sure the gameplay on it is less than stellar. I can't find any info about it on the net anywhere. Any leads?

I also dug up 2600 Outlaw for $1 (a little steep if you asked me), an N64 adaptor for playing Japanese games for $4, and a Sega Saturn memory card for $15. I've heard some horror stories about usig non-Sega memory cards in the Saturn, and this one is by Interact. Hopefully it won't blow up my console, it's one of the few that I only have one of.

And here it is... the weekend again. Good luck to us all as garage sale season rapidly approaches in the US.

Picked up fourteen 8-bit game disks yesterday, including "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" :) . Never had that one for my Apple II, and it wasn't included in the Activision collections. Nice to finally have it.

Also picked up a dozen or so 2600 carts for $0.75 each. The best was Snoopy and the Red Baron.

When I placed the 2600 carts on the check-out counter, the cashier exclaimed, "8-Tracks!". I just smiled and nodded. Needless to say, that is why I always look amongst the 8-track tapes when I hit a thrift store.

Oh yeah, I also picked up Delta Drawing CIB for the 8-bits (thought it might be rare...Nope!) and what turned out to be a C64 cart, Retro Ball by HES. I thought it was an 8-bit cart too, until I got it home. I'd never seen a C64 cart before.