IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I went on a road trip yesterday... found a nice hole in the wall for Atari 2600 games.

However, out of the 1000+ carts I searched through yesterday, I only found 2 that I needed for my collection. LOL

I got Homerun-Atari Pic Label (Atari Corp) and Codebreaker Atari pic.

I did get a few nice deals on ebay.

I got a boxed Dare Diver with a few other boxed games for a total of $9

:) Not in really great shape. But I needed the cart as well for my collection so that wasn't a bad price

After about a month's break I went back to hunting today and got all this for $20:

2600 games:

Raft Rider

BMX Airmaster (TNT games)

Secret Quest

5200 games:

Mario Bros.

Centipede

7800 games:

Ace of Aces

Ballblazer (red end label)

Commando

Dark Chambers

Planet Smashers

Robotron 2084

Super Huey

Xevious

Xenophobe

Genesis games:

Golden Axe II

The Ooze

N64 - Command & Conquer

PS1 - Resident Evil 3

and an SNES game storage drawer, looks like it can hold around 20 games.

Purchased yesterday at the Stormville Airport Flea Market:

$14 - seven Odyssey2 games, 3 CIB, 3 boxed, one loose; I don't have an O2, but may get one soon

$10 - fifteen loose carts: 11 VCS (Adventure, Kaboom, Moon Patrol, Space Attack, Space Chase, Space Cavern, Solaris, Starmaster, Survival Run, Turmoil, Warlords), 3 INTV with overlays (Horse Racing, Snafu, Triple Action)...and one CV game (Artillery Duel) that I mistook for a VCS cart! Whoops.

$97 - boxed Vectrex + 1 game (Scramble) with overlay and instructions

I turned down:

Loose Atari 7800 with no controllers or power supply, for $30 (from the guy who sold me the O2 carts; he offered to lower the price to $20, but untested and with no power supply...)

Sega Saturn system for $40 (controllers, no box)

tons of vendors who were selling loose N64 carts for $8-20, etc.

The Vectrex is beautiful. I know people have snagged them for less, but I'm quite happy with it -- it was the reason we drove out to Stormville in the first place -- and the vendor, Frank, was very helpful and knowledgeable. Next to get the multicart!

Edited by thegoldenband

Today:

RCT3, appears complete, $1.50. I've read it won't run on my computer, though, so I haven't even tried it.

Altered Beast, also complete, $1. This will get some use in my LaserActive.

Christmas NiGHTS...NTSC...expensive!? I must have been out of it. I got mine for $3.95 at BlockBuster. :P And yes, it is the North American version.

Edited by shadow460

Christmas NiGHTS...NTSC...expensive!? I must have been out of it. I got mine for $3.95 at BlockBuster. :P And yes, it is the North American version.

You paid FOUR WHOLE BUCKS for Xmas Nights? I waited until they were blowing them out for ONE dollar each. Most of them even still had the CD sleeve.

I also have a copy of the Japanese version. They actually printed up a full instruction booklet for it. No Europe version, but I do know from having seen pictures on ebay that there's different disc art on the EU version.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

Over the weekend I got:

2 Atari 2600 controllers

2 Gemstick controllers

All four for 5 dollars.

Primal Rage for Gameboy $4

TMNT 2 Back from the sewers $4

Resident Evil for PSX, complete FREE

This was a deal from a pawn shop, buy 2 get 1 free. I had all of the other carts, I thought the prices were a bit expensive. But, the free Resident Evil made it worth it.

A knob tv $5

The name of the tv escapes me right now, but it is a very nice tv.

Picked up a beautiful (sans manual though) copy of Dragon Warrior VII, black label edition for PSX, it was $4.99 at Goodwill, and then picked up SaGa Frontier II (also sans manual) for $1.99....

the discs and cases are about as mint as it gets.....makes you wonder who keeps their stuff in this condition, but throws away manuals?

Another good day at Goodwill

Picked up the pack-in game for the XBox 360, the combo Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for $4.99, then I hit the motherlode....

it was in a plastic bin, and I could tell it was an N64 and games. Some granny got to it before me, and picked it up, but said it was too heavy, and I swooped in....

$14.99 was the price on the bin, and it was the price for all this....

N64 console (no power supply or video cord)

1 controller

2 Rumble packs (Nintendo brand)

1 GB transfer pack

1 Microphone

and 28 games.....

Shadows of the Empire

War Gods

NFL Quarterback Club 98

WCW World Tour

Cruisin USA

007 World is not Enough

Clay Fighter 63 1/3

Mario Kart 64

Hybrid Heaven

Pokemon Snap

Super Smash Bros.

Tony Hawk 3

Nascar 99

All-Star Baseball 99

Excitebike 64

NBA Courtside

007 Goldeneye

WCW Nitro

Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball

Mia Hamm Soccer

Star Wars Episode I Racer

Starfox 64

Hey You Pikachu

NFL Blitz 2001

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Glover

1080 Avalanche

Waverace 64

Pokemon Stadium

Super Mario 64

Shadow Man

WCW vs. NWO

Plus a nice plastic bin to keep it all in!

Another good day at Goodwill

Picked up the pack-in game for the XBox 360, the combo Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for $4.99, then I hit the motherlode....

it was in a plastic bin, and I could tell it was an N64 and games. Some granny got to it before me, and picked it up, but said it was too heavy, and I swooped in....

$14.99 was the price on the bin, and it was the price for all this....

N64 console (no power supply or video cord)

1 controller

2 Rumble packs (Nintendo brand)

1 GB transfer pack

1 Microphone

and 28 games.....

Shadows of the Empire

War Gods

NFL Quarterback Club 98

WCW World Tour

Cruisin USA

007 World is not Enough

Clay Fighter 63 1/3

Mario Kart 64

Hybrid Heaven

Pokemon Snap

Super Smash Bros.

Tony Hawk 3

Nascar 99

All-Star Baseball 99

Excitebike 64

NBA Courtside

007 Goldeneye

WCW Nitro

Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball

Mia Hamm Soccer

Star Wars Episode I Racer

Starfox 64

Hey You Pikachu

NFL Blitz 2001

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Glover

1080 Avalanche

Waverace 64

Pokemon Stadium

Super Mario 64

Shadow Man

WCW vs. NWO

Plus a nice plastic bin to keep it all in!

Damn most of those games alone go for more than what you payed for the entire lot!!

Been away for a while, weekend have been too busy to go out to yard sales, but today I hit a few and got some nice deals.

Not much game wise, but I did pick up a copy of Jetmoto for the for PS1 for a buck, and better yet a copy of Skullmonkeys for the PS1 for only $.25! I don't know if it's a good game or not, but apparently it's worth about $20 so I'd say that was a bargain.

I also picked up a MS Xbox wireless-G adapter from a CL deal for $40, not cheap, but about average.

Non-game stuff I did a LOT better today.

First I got a JBL E150P 150 watt powered subwoofer for only $20! I'd been looking for a nice powered sub for my basement jam area for practicing. I'll pair this monster up with the Infinity bookshelf speakers I got a couple of months ago for $10. icon_mrgreen.gif Tested it out too, it rocks, and it looks like it retailed for $250 not too long ago.

20094215224276.jpg

Last great find today I almost missed but saw it at the last minute. I somewhat abused, but easily save-able Cort Artisan B4 Fretless bass. I always wanted a fretless, and this one definitely needs some love. It's dirty, and looks like someone left it with too high a string tension as the screws holding the bridge down are starting to pull out, but I know I can fix it. Otherwise, it's in pretty good shape and will be gorgeous when I'm done with it. icon_mrgreen.gif Players seem to really dig these Cort basses too, which suprised me a little since I always thought of them as a lower end (no pun intended) maker. icon_ponder.gif I'm too lazy to take pics of it, but I found some that are the exact same bass. These easily go for over $300 online, but I talked the guy down to $30 because of the bridge. icon_mrgreen.gif

IMG_3413.JPG

All my shopping has been at Fleaz. I don't know how you guys find winners at garage sales. Nothing but kid clothes and blankets.

Latest finds:

7 Vectrex carts (ordinary) / 10 Vectrex overlays (all match w/carts, 2 extra, 1 Minesweeper) $15

all in 1 bag (helped with the haggling)

Atari 7800 (1 controller) [no AC] $5

hope it works!

Philips CDi 220 (AC plug) [no controller] $12

works! love finding a "new" system. anyone know where to get the Genesis to CDi controller converter?

Boxed Apple II / PC Joystick $5

Passes:

Mac Plus [solo & yolo {get it?}] $35

Last great find today I almost missed but saw it at the last minute. I somewhat abused, but easily save-able Cort Artisan B4 Fretless bass. I always wanted a fretless, and this one definitely needs some love. It's dirty, and looks like someone left it with too high a string tension as the screws holding the bridge down are starting to pull out, but I know I can fix it. Otherwise, it's in pretty good shape and will be gorgeous when I'm done with it. icon_mrgreen.gif Players seem to really dig these Cort basses too, which suprised me a little since I always thought of them as a lower end (no pun intended) maker. icon_ponder.gif I'm too lazy to take pics of it, but I found some that are the exact same bass. These easily go for over $300 online, but I talked the guy down to $30 because of the bridge. icon_mrgreen.gif

IMG_3413.JPG

That bass looks pretty nice! I remember years back that a friend of mine had a Cort strat copy, and it was a huge POS, but that bass looks like a completely different level of quality. That should be an easy fix. Nice score, especially for $30!

• Like 2

Champ (is that the brand of the one that coils it's cord inside?) Atari 2600 joystick - $1

SNES Mouse - $1

SMB/duck hunt - $1

Spy vs. Spy for NES - $1

Really nice LD player with a separate drawer for music CD's - $15 (good because my main unit is getting a little noisy)

Left behind a $10 NES system with zapper & a bunch of sprts NES titles.

Just got my gameboy Camera and printer combo! It came with everything! Cable, and paper!

But, it came with BLUE paper...not the black one. You can barely see the blue paper, so, im off to get some black gameboy printer paper!

(All that for about 15 bucks!)

Sorry Frizo, no such thing as black paper. Only blue, yellow, and pink. I ordered a set from nintendo a while back ;)

Nice find on the Gameboy camera w/printer. I bought my camera at gamestop a real long time ago for about 3.99. Then, I bought a CIB printer off of ebay for about $17. I think you may have got a better deal than I did.

Just got my gameboy Camera and printer combo! It came with everything! Cable, and paper!

But, it came with BLUE paper...not the black one. You can barely see the blue paper, so, im off to get some black gameboy printer paper!

(All that for about 15 bucks!)

Sorry Frizo, no such thing as black paper. Only blue, yellow, and pink. I ordered a set from nintendo a while back ;)

Nice find on the Gameboy camera w/printer. I bought my camera at gamestop a real long time ago for about 3.99. Then, I bought a CIB printer off of ebay for about $17. I think you may have got a better deal than I did.

I think what he means is white paper that shows black ink.

A Bible's For Missions Thrift Store had a loose Sega Master System (Hang On and Safari Hunt built in) with 2 Light Guns, all the hookups and, for some reason, Genesis games with it - $5

The Genesis games are all CIB - X-Men, Ariel Little Mermaid, BattleTech, and Lightening Force

Also bought a Coco 3 with the 512k upgrade, a deluxe joystick and a loose Malcom Mortar cart for $30 from another forum.

post-2493-125304427467_thumb.jpg

Nice day for me.

Dreamcast console + N64 PSU (for some reason I always find N64's what that missing)- $1.30

Dreamcast concept 4 steering wheel(little steep, but the console was so cheap) - $15

This has nothing to do with anything, but I got four robotic lights + controllers... they're the kind of things you'd see at a dance club. These are pro gear, and even came in two anvil road cases for $30. I got 'em for the road cases, but who knows... maybe I'll put on a really nice party one of these days. ;)

I checked out a cool thrift store today and got a decent find for some NES games.

Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road

Gauntlet II

Super Contra

Ninja Gaiden

All for $2.50. Not bad but definitely could have been better.

That's actually pretty damn good, considering Super C is worth over 15 bucks these days. Ninja Gaiden holds some value, too.