IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

When it rains, it pours...

I have two more (one prospective) CraigsList scores, both of them 2600 lots.

The first lot is for 35 2600 carts for $20. They were asking $30 but because there were so many commons in the lot, the only appeal was Fast Eddie, Donkey Kong Jr and some carts to plug the holes like Ice Hockey, Space Cavern, Journey Escape, Decathlon, Space Attack, Towering Inferno, Cosmic Ark, Astroblast, Seaquest and an extra set of paddles that I've been wanting in order to play four-player Warlords or Medieval Mayhem. A lot of those carts I listed are only worth a buck a pop and throw in the fact that most of the labels are damaged.

There are other carts in this lot that I would sell off in my future, every growing "dupe lot" sale. Some are attractive titles (albeit common) like Pole Position, Kangaroo, Missile Command, Space Invaders, Phoenix, Star Raiders, Defender, Pac-Man, Moon Patrol, Donkey Kong, Pitfall, Tutankham, Asteroids, Ms. Pac-Man, Q*bert and the obligatory Combat. I have a bunch of other carts that I collected already for sale and I think it would be a really nice lot to jump start a new collection.

I have attached a pic of this lot and plan on picking it up tonight. I may have to smuggle this into the house so the wife doesn't kill me! :)

The second CL sale, although I have not yet firmed up this deal, is a "make offer" for a 4-switch VCS w/ box and 40 games. Although the pic of the box is fuzzy, from what I can tell it looks like it's in pretty good shape. I don't have a list of the 40 games so I requested the list ahead of time before I make an offer.

My wife is picking up a 13" color TV tonight for $5 that we can use for our retro gaming parties with the next one tentatively scheduled for October 3. What I'll probably do is keep all the dupe 2600 carts and extra VCS until then and sell them off afterwards.

The Gamecore expo is coming up in only two weeks so there's a lot of extra storage bins I need to buy.

What have I become (asked Trent Reznor)? I was buying Nekid Ladies and Wounded Warriors and now I'm upgrading those carts. On top of that, I was only going to collect classic Arcade ports instead of trying to "collect 'em all." At least I save a bunch of dough on shipping costs.

If anyone is interested in possibly buying the dupe carts let me know.

post-22552-125172607296_thumb.jpg

I got:

NES - Dr. Mario - 3 bucks

Saturn - NiGHTS (COMPLETE!) 2.99!

I was so happy! Its worth around 20! And both play fine, but the NiGHTS is what made my day!

Nice score with nights. I got a 3D pad and the only game I have that even works with the thing is Daytona USA.

I got:

I was so happy! Its worth around 20! And both play fine, but the NiGHTS is what made my day!

Nice score with nights. I got a 3D pad and the only game I have that even works with the thing is Daytona USA.

Thanks! Try your play n trade, my store is like, an hour away. It took so much begging/bribing/chores/whatever to get my parents to take me there. And I only ended up spending 6 bucks...

totally worth it :D You might find NiGHTS for a decent price (under 20) or even a couple more games that are compatable with it. Ask around, you will get the answers you are looking for.

I got:

Thanks! Try your play n trade, my store is like, an hour away. It took so much begging/bribing/chores/whatever to get my parents to take me there. And I only ended up spending 6 bucks...

totally worth it :D You might find NiGHTS for a decent price (under 20) or even a couple more games that are compatable with it. Ask around, you will get the answers you are looking for.

Nah all the Play-N-Trades near me suck for Saturn games. Everything worth buying is overpriced to hell.

I got:

Nah all the Play-N-Trades near me suck for Saturn games. Everything worth buying is overpriced to hell.

Im lucky :P My play n trade rules!

I got:

Im lucky :P My play n trade rules!

Nuh uh *pushes you* mine's better!! Nah the one over by me is pretty good. They have a great Turbografx selection for some reason.

Just when you want to throw in the towel and say "well, not every trip is going to pay off," you make that turn and you see a big box of 2600 carts!

The guy wanted to sell all of it for a high price. I hand picked 18 good ones ($25). Nothing earth shattering, but the ones on the right are new for me.

Unfortunately the rarest, ThunderGround, is missing its end-label.

Love WoW (that's Wizard of Wor, of course the 800 is the way to go for this one)!

My "back-up" Activision collection is almost complete--Crackpots helped a lot.

Nice Acti-plaque on that Space Shuttle, eh?

I was able to replace two dead carts (MASH and a plain-blue label Space Shuttle). Why is it all 10 of my Pac-Mans work great, but the two semi-rare 2600 titles are DOA? Hate that.

I used to have the original Space Shuttle with box, overlay, instructions. The instructions were like a mini-novel. The overlay was pointless because I used the Exp.Mod #1 Coleco for my first Atari. Man, I don't know what happened to all of my original games. ...but that's another story.

post-23143-125177296973_thumb.jpg

Just when you want to throw in the towel and say "well, not every trip is going to pay off," you make that turn and you see a big box of 2600 carts!

The guy wanted to sell all of it for a high price. I hand picked 18 good ones ($25). Nothing earth shattering, but the ones on the right are new for me.

Where did you find this stuff? Nice pickup - I always liked Gorf for the 2600...

New to AtariAge and these forums.

Have been going to garage sales and goodwill for the last couple of years and picked up some nice stuff but my latest garage sale find was the most unexpected.

Picked up a whole bunch of old EGM, Gamepro and NextGen magazines (1994-1998) for $4 for the lot (around 30 magazines). Brought the magazines home and started to skim through each one. One of the NextGen magazines came with a CD insert - Christmas Nights into Dreams for the Sega Saturn. That made my day.

Have been going to garage sales and goodwill for the last couple of years and picked up some nice stuff but my latest garage sale find was the most unexpected.

Picked up a whole bunch of old EGM, Gamepro and NextGen magazines (1994-1998) for $4 for the lot (around 30 magazines). Brought the magazines home and started to skim through each one. One of the NextGen magazines came with a CD insert - Christmas Nights into Dreams for the Sega Saturn. That made my day.

Nice! And welcome to the forums.

Thanks.

Going through the pages I can't believe what people have been able to find. Amazing!!

I think my best garage sale find would have to be a boxed Vectrex and 2 boxed Vectrex games for $15

Thanks.

Going through the pages I can't believe what people have been able to find. Amazing!!

I think my best garage sale find would have to be a boxed Vectrex and 2 boxed Vectrex games for $15

Go back to page 292 and check my find out.

It's been a while, but I got a really nice score today - all this was in a box for $10.

Playstation 1 console, 2 mem cards, 2 early gen controllers

PS underground 2.4

wcw nitro

tekken 3

resident evil - director's cut

namco vol. 1

bug's life

tetris worlds

grind session (alternate case)

dune 2000 (no case)

syphon filter 3 (no case)

xbox

DVD remote receiver (do these work with a universal remote?)

crimson skies

morrowind

rainbox six 3 companion disc

007 agent under fire

splinter cell - pandora tomorrow

splinter cell - double agent

ghost recon - island thunder

ghost recon 2

halo 2

max payne

Game Boy Color in original box with batteries and WInnie the Pooh game

so I'm happy to report that the thrifts are still good in Chicago!

I got:

:thumbsup: Wow never knew that... I'll have to try it now. Daytona may be more fun that way. Already love it anyways.

AX

NiGHTS is an awesome game. I find that a lot of girls like it a lot for some reason. It was never that rare, thn somehow all of a sudden because hugely desirable. Same with Christmas NiGHTS. Gotta see if I've got a spare copy around. Cool that the 3D pad does more than just control a little flying jester man... ;)

NiGHTS is an awesome game. I find that a lot of girls like it a lot for some reason. It was never that rare, thn somehow all of a sudden because hugely desirable. Same with Christmas NiGHTS. Gotta see if I've got a spare copy around. Cool that the 3D pad does more than just control a little flying jester man... ;)

Nights is a dime a dozen around here right now. Was in a place today were it was $6. Used to go for over $20, but value seems to have dropped for now.

x-mas nights is rare and expensive.

Today, my wife put a Sega Nomad with a Battery pack on a TV Tray next to me. I do not remember buying this, nor do I recall testing it... however she informs me it was in a bin in the living room for a year and that it was tested by me and works. How sad am I for having so much crap I don't even know I had a Nomad for a year. I even have the box. :ponder:

AX

Today, my wife put a Sega Nomad with a Battery pack on a TV Tray next to me. I do not remember buying this, nor do I recall testing it... however she informs me it was in a bin in the living room for a year and that it was tested by me and works. How sad am I for having so much crap I don't even know I had a Nomad for a year. I even have the box. :ponder:

AX

First stages of dementia? :ponder:

AX

Out of curiosity, why did your wife put it on a TV tray next to you? Was that her way of telling you to move it, or did she just think you would get a kick out of it?

Chris