IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I used to really want the AMax back in the day, but never actually saw one.

That's really rad. The Amiga is still a special lady in my heart, and the AMax was one of those things that showed just how awesome the Amigs could be. Congrats!

Today for a buck fifty each I got some N64 games:

Pilotwings 64

Mario Party

Quest 64

Super Smash Bros.

I got some other junk that was awesome, including another LD player for $6, an "AudioTron" by Turtle Beach (standalone rackmount unit that plugs into the network and lets you control and stream music from your PC) for $6, and best of all a professional digital scale for all the stuff I should be packaging and shipping out to people who want to buy my stuff. ;)

I've been dying to get a real scale, but they were always so expensive. I can finally print and ship from my house. So this might be the best puchase I've made in years...

I found these at a local store, the import DS game is cool and was $10 and I had $6.50 in trade so only $3.50 really because I just brought in some magazines my wife had laying around and a free Maxim I got and I believe the only other thing they bought was a D&D book I picked up at a sale for a buck.

I payed $12 for the Wii game but it is still sealed although I think they still have to sell it as "used" merchandise. It looks interesting, it was an impulse buy really.

I also picked up DKJR for ColecoVision at 50 cents.

post-4103-125516774181_thumb.jpg post-4103-125516775584_thumb.jpg

This here was all found here in Michigan at a new found flea market trade center....who would have thunk, I worked at the Credit Union on Friday...During my one moment of being able to check a local craigslist posting, I would come across a posting for a local flea market..This flea market was a 2 hour drive from where I live, but the decision was made...There was this cheesy post for laser discs 1$ Each...I got home Friday night, called up my laser disc buddy....we set out for this new flea market at 8 am sharp. Upon deciding to go...I hurried to gather up any trade bait I may have had. I stayed up til 2:30 Saturday morning and finally had my swag for trades....What would I bring?

I narrowed it down to some 300 regular xbox games....previously posted on a forum for sale or trades....Not too many takers..so I quickly yanked those earlier in the week....Either way upon arrival at this flea market...I was shocked to come across as pictured in this posting...Neo Geo MVS games...Metal Slug 1...2...and X.....

No freaking way...I asked if they wanted xbox games and they said they would look at them....sure enough we worked out a trade and 20$ for the pictured items and a neo geo classic arcade controller not pictured....The PS1 lightspan collection even come with a lightspan carrying bag and a ps1 system complete...

This was a deal and a half considering Sam Show 2 is 150 plus along with the MVS Slugs..this is an amazing trade...

"The laserdisc add led me there, but when we got to the booth that suggested they sold Laser Disc movies for a buck....the Laser Discs were CED's not Laser Discs....either way my buddy picked up a Laser Disc Beatled Abbey Road or something like that...He was just as stoked as I was...."

post-24483-125521223456.jpg

post-24483-125521283938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christopher T Leach

Not bad today,

Not one, but two Flashback2's, one was used but complete for $5, and the other was brand new in box for $10. That's the second NIB FB2 I've found this year.

A grubby Atari trakball (the white and brown one with the switch) for only $1

And.......an excellent condition Virutal Boy with everything in near prefect shape, but it was missing the power supply. No games either, but I couldn't complain for $8. icon_mrgreen.gif He thought he might have had a copy of Golf for it and checked but he couldn't find it. Tested out a bit ago, and this might be my best VB of the three I have.

Not bad today,

Not one, but two Flashback2's, one was used but complete for $5, and the other was brand new in box for $10. That's the second NIB FB2 I've found this year.

And.......an excellent condition Virutal Boy with everything in near prefect shape, but it was missing the power supply. No games either, but I couldn't complain for $8. icon_mrgreen.gif He thought he might have had a copy of Golf for it and checked but he couldn't find it. Tested out a bit ago, and this might be my best VB of the three I have.

I think you can use a Super Nintendo power supply for it.

Not bad today,

I think you can use a Super Nintendo power supply for it.

Yes and no. The ps plugs into an adapter that snaps on to the bottom of the controller. I do have two battery packs though, so if I sell it I'll just pair it with one of those.

99 cents each at a local thrift, I picked up 6 Japanese megadrive games. Strange to find these in Canada. Never seen them before. Can identify all but the bottom middle and bottom right one. Any value for these beyond what I paid you think?

Osomatsu-kun: Hachamecha Gekijou

Osomatsu-Kun: Hachamecha Gekijou is a Platform video game by Sega released in 1988 for the Sega Mega Drive. It was one of the first four games released on the system during the Megadrive's release, but it was only released in Japan. The game was based on the Manga/Anime series Osomatsu-kun by Fujio Akatsuka as players controlled the title character and encountered many of the series in a strange but comical world.

The PS1 lightspan collection even come with a lightspan carrying bag and a ps1 system complete...

What the hell is a lightspan collection?

This was a deal and a half considering Sam Show 2 is 150 plus along with the MVS Slugs..this is an amazing trade...

thats a good deal?! dude, check your prices, you got RIPPED! Those games COMBINED do NOT cost $150.

Went down to the pawnshot today (normally shit for classic games). But, I saw a whole stack of gaming mags from 1992 + 3. There was 12 mags in there, Mostly covered SFII, Sonic, Megaman, all the classics. It had 2 Nintendo Power mags and 10 Video Gamer Mags. I'm really starting to like the Video gamer mags. Got it all for $10.

Also, I got Super Star Wars for the snes and a manual for Killer Instinct. All for $5. I didn't like the price, but he is firm for snes and nes games. If the owner prices that for Atari games I will be pissed.

When checking out the guy told me he was starting to warm up to selling the old games. He stated how he was surprised they sold quickly (that's because I buy them all, dumbass). Oh well, at least he's selling.

This here was all found here in Michigan at a new found flea market trade center....who would have thunk, I worked at the Credit Union on Friday...During my one moment of being able to check a local craigslist posting, I would come across a posting for a local flea market..This flea market was a 2 hour drive from where I live, but the decision was made...There was this cheesy post for laser discs 1$ Each...I got home Friday night, called up my laser disc buddy....we set out for this new flea market at 8 am sharp. Upon deciding to go...I hurried to gather up any trade bait I may have had. I stayed up til 2:30 Saturday morning and finally had my swag for trades....What would I bring?

I narrowed it down to some 300 regular xbox games....previously posted on a forum for sale or trades....Not too many takers..so I quickly yanked those earlier in the week....Either way upon arrival at this flea market...I was shocked to come across as pictured in this posting...Neo Geo MVS games...Metal Slug 1...2...and X.....

No freaking way...I asked if they wanted xbox games and they said they would look at them....sure enough we worked out a trade and 20$ (actually 50 dollars, but sold the aes contr for 30$) for the pictured items and a neo geo classic arcade controller not pictured....The PS1 lightspan collection even come with a lightspan carrying bag and a ps1 system complete...

This was a deal and a half considering Sam Show 2 along with the MVS Slugs were in the trade..this is an amazing trade...

"The laserdisc add led me there, but when we got to the booth that suggested they sold Laser Disc movies for a buck....the Laser Discs were CED's not Laser Discs....either way my buddy picked up a Laser Disc Beatled Abbey Road or something like that...He was just as stoked as I was...."

The PS1 lightspan collection even come with a lightspan carrying bag and a ps1 system complete...

What the hell is a lightspan collection?

"Ok, I'm not an expert on the PS1 Lightspan, but this is what I have and what I know...I have a lightspan printed carrying case with a ps1 inside of it...The ps1 is branded with a blackmarker..with a mark of maybe a school district..some letters and numbers is what is on it...The ps1 is near mint and smells new, but is not in a box...Then I have a broshure in a zipper case...looks like it spells out the specifics of the Lightspan plan...I also have now got three of the blue box items shown in the picture above...Inside each box I have about 50 discs in individual sleeves...the sleeves suggest the topic of study a student would be participating in when they checked out said disc....Kinda neat...Ive read they came out in 1996 or so until about 1998...the pamplet in the zipper sleeve...suggests a phone number and when I called..it was a play doh rep?

Kinda neat stuff, I guess the school districts paid thousands for this material and systems instead of what they would have paid for computers?

"Deleted the pricing on the Sham Show and the slugs..didnt realize they were cheaper...thanks for the correcting the price that I was bragging about...Either way I was stoked about the trade..."

thats a good deal?! dude, check your prices, you got RIPPED! Those games COMBINED do NOT cost $150.

Did I mention there was a brand new Turbo Grafx in a box....I dont even think the system was played, but the box shows shelf wear...

I had a Craigslist seller accept an offer of $60 (the ad has been taken down and at this point I am waiting for directions to his house so it's not a done deal as yet) for a two-port 5200, with two Wico joysticks, two controllers, manuals and the following games:

Pac Man

Super Breakout

Space invaders

Centipede

Pole position

Countermeasure

Dig Dug

Kangaroo

Defender

Berzerk

Galaxian

Star Raiders

Mario Bro.

Qix

Jungle Hunt

Keystone Kapers

Mountain King

Q*Bert

Gorf

Blueprint

Hero

River Raid

What do you think?

"Deleted the pricing on the Sham Show and the slugs..didnt realize they were cheaper...thanks for the correcting the price that I was bragging about...Either way I was stoked about the trade..."

I'm not saying dont be stoked about the trade - i was under the assumption that the those were the prices the dealer quoted you

I'm not saying dont be stoked about the trade - i was under the assumption that the those were the prices the dealer quoted you

"For the record the dealer only had these neo geo games marked as 30 dollars tops...Metal Slug X was 30 bucks and the others were 25...But then there was Sam Show 3 marked at 75$ Either way...As mentioned I traded and spent 20 bucks cash..." The booth guys were very fair on the pricing...They had an aquarius in box keyboard for 20$ didnt pick that one up though....maybe next time...

Driving farther...reaching out to new Flezzz

Bought:

Commodore 64 with Commie Monitor, 3 (!) 1541 drives, several disks -- $100

Boxed Atari 5200 with 2 not-so-used 5200 controllers ... and ... a boxed 5200 Wico! -- $20

Sega Saturn Back-up Cart -- $2

Sega Saturn Darius -- $2

NES Bubble Bobble -- $2

Passed:

Sealed Intellivision II (not boxed, but sealed). Looked legit, had the card inside the plastic wrap. Didn't ask for a price--that's how much I hate the Intelli II. Now, if it were a Intelli original, I'd be all over that!

Found:

15" Wood grain TV. AVGN is right. This is the best type of TV for an Atari. I hooked my 2600 to it and it's way cool. I was impressed by the lack of sharpness, color bleeding, and mono speaker on the left side. Serious, crap old TVs are made for 2600/5200's.

Not really a thrift find, but I rescued an Acer AL1914 4:3 flat panel monitor from being trashed at work. Apparently it would turn itself on and off until it 'warmed up' then it would stay on a few minutes before shutting off again. When I got it home I opened it up and found three bad caps on the power board -- the infamous Capxon brand. I replaced them with three new Rubycon caps and now it seems to work fine. I only had 16v caps and the ones I replaced were 25v, but the voltage is 12v where the caps were so I think I'm ok.

post-7533-125550118874_thumb.jpegpost-7533-125550127496_thumb.jpeg

Find of the week.....damn it has been good...

Just found a loose fair condigtion Motor Psycho for the 7800 Only paid $1.00

Thats US funds....$1 dollar...

I was pleased to see it in with some man's garbage at a store slash makeshifthome....I don't even think he has a license to sell stuff, but I bought it and a copy of Star Kid for $1 dollar as well.

Today is a good day...!

Already had it but it never hurts to add something useful to a collection..if I could only get that RPG for the 7800 now...life would be even better...

I didn't buy any because I don't have a Jaguar, but a local shop got in about a dozen CIB Jag games that are all less than $10. Notging rare that I see, but I don't see these in box often. If anyone is interested and willing to pay shipping I'd be happy to pick them up for you. :)