IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

(On the brighter side at a Flea Market (yeah!) I got a TG16 w/ AC, RF, Bonk's Adv, TurboTap, 1 controller = $5!)

Oh maaaaaaaan, I don't seem top have ANY luck at flea markets or garage sales naround here; they always have next gen consoles & games, but rarely anything pre-PS1. I know the stuff's out there!:(

Anyway, this weekend has been eh at best.

Purchased:

• March issue of Dragon, a sweet lookin' kung-fu magazine from England printed in the 70s. Can't find an exact year, but I'd guess '75 from some of the articles. 59cents
  • Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsburg, City Lights Books. Very good condition and it was printed in '59, but it's the 8th printing. Only $3 though, and I couldn't pass that up.
  • 4 Genesis games (Altered Beast, Sonic 1, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic & Knuckles), nothing to write home about but they fill up holes in my paltry Genny collection. $12

I did find a vader 2600 w/ display case, 2 joysticks, paddles, 8 games with instructions & 2 Atari catalogs ('83 & '84, I believe) at a junk shop in Louisiana, but the 8 games were very common and they wanted $110(!) for it. The only things I don't have are the catalogs & paddles, so I passed on it.

(On the brighter side at a Flea Market (yeah!) I got a TG16 w/ AC, RF, Bonk's Adv, TurboTap, 1 controller = $5!)

Oh maaaaaaaan, I don't seem top have ANY luck at flea markets or garage sales naround here; they always have next gen consoles & games, but rarely anything pre-PS1. I know the stuff's out there!:(

Anyway, this weekend has been eh at best.

Purchased:

• March issue of Dragon, a sweet lookin' kung-fu magazine from England printed in the 70s. Can't find an exact year, but I'd guess '75 from some of the articles. 59cents
  • Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsburg, City Lights Books. Very good condition and it was printed in '59, but it's the 8th printing. Only $3 though, and I couldn't pass that up.
  • 4 Genesis games (Altered Beast, Sonic 1, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic & Knuckles), nothing to write home about but they fill up holes in my paltry Genny collection. $12

I did find a vader 2600 w/ display case, 2 joysticks, paddles, 8 games with instructions & 2 Atari catalogs ('83 & '84, I believe) at a junk shop in Louisiana, but the 8 games were very common and they wanted $110(!) for it. The only things I don't have are the catalogs & paddles, so I passed on it.

I would have offered $50. I have a feeling those Vaders are going to become harder and harder to find.

OK, not console related, but. I just picked up an Amiga 500 from Craigslist. Been fun getting back into it...

But, my "find" was today at a local electronics shop, in their "junk" section.

I first found an Amiga mouse!! Yeay, my 500 came with a trackball...

Then I saw something weird looking in the area and picked it up. Rectangular, with 3 ports. Then I flip it over and read it.

AMax! Yep, the Amiga Mac emulator cart, the one that plugs into the floppy port!

(No Mac roms in it tho, I just checked..)

Then I saw some floppies, and since I need some DSDD disks, I started to go through them...

A lot of them are original Amiga productivity stuff. Deluxe Paint III, Photon Paint, DigiPaint, AmigaTerm, Professional Page, and more.

The Original AMax disks! And about 16 Mac floppies.

Also, about 10 junk (PC stuff) DSDD disks I can use as blanks.

And one of the 2 row 3.5" disk cases.

And I ask the guy, how much?

He says.. "Oh.. From back there? How about $4?"

I said, "Sure". :-)

Sweet!

I used to really want the AMax back in the day, but never actually saw one.

Happy tonight..

desiv

This is an eBay find, but since it was so damned cheap, I thought I would post it here.

last week saw an ad for a TI-99/4a computer with a few games and a set of NES controllers modified to fit the system, and a composite cable for video.....ended up winning it for $1.99

it came yesterday, and the condition was flawless.....

this is a minty-looking TI-99 with about 8 games, power supply, etc. and the NES pads work great. A ton better than the crappy TI joysticks!

A damn good score in school today. $60 for all of this.

post-22364-125493245226_thumb.jpg

Very cool pinball/breakout unit. That 5200 Galaxian cart made me laugh. When did it change from aliens to greek mythology looking people?

The unit sadly appears to be broken. It has an even more sever case of image distortion than my TVG 101-4. Oh well. I still got the OMGWTFBBQ hard to find 5200 games. These things are a 1 in a million shot to find anywhere on Long Island.

99 cents each at a local thrift, I picked up 6 Japanese megadrive games. Strange to find these in Canada. Never seen them before. Can identify all but the bottom middle and bottom right one. Any value for these beyond what I paid you think?

As I stated on the video, The bottom right is Yu Yu Hakusho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc

99 cents each at a local thrift, I picked up 6 Japanese megadrive games. Strange to find these in Canada. Never seen them before. Can identify all but the bottom middle and bottom right one. Any value for these beyond what I paid you think?

As far as I know the one on the bottom right is a Yu Yu Hakusho (I think that's how it is spelled) game. I have no idea which one it is. IMO Yu Yu Hakusho is an abysmal series that deserves the most horrifying punishment in the depths of hell.

As far as I know the one on the bottom right is a Yu Yu Hakusho (I think that's how it is spelled) game. I have no idea which one it is. IMO Yu Yu Hakusho is an abysmal series that deserves the most horrifying punishment in the depths of hell.

But I liked it :sad:

Damn you Stich! You and your "post 3 minutes before me" abilities!

EDIT: ACK! YOU DID IT AGAIN! CURSE YOU!

LOL I WIN!!

BTW AtariLeaf Here's a link to the gamefaqs page if you want more info. It's spelled differently for some reason. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/home/563359.html

Edited by STICH666

Here is a Bloodstorm Cabinet I got from a guy for $125. The game is awesome,the cabinet is a standard upright from Dactar.

post-23072-125503250561_thumb.jpg

post-23072-125503242418_thumb.jpg

post-23072-125503246857_thumb.jpg

All it needs is a new marquee light, a cap kit, and a new battery for the battery backup. All minor repairs, I plan to have it all repaired by Christmas. :D

As I stated on the video, The bottom right is Yu Yu Hakusho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc

Right, I forgot you post here. Arg, no it was mostly the other one but superpugg got me that name too. Can't find anything on that one though.

PS - Thanks for the link! :D

Edited by AtariLeaf

Woohoo! I just wasn't going to the right flea markets.

Today I scooped up:

• Donkey Kong jr (INTV)

• Joshua & The Battle of Jericho (Gen)

for $4+tax.

Joshua was unpriced but DKjr had a $2 sticker & both carts are roughly the same size & shape, so I guess the person assumed both were two bucks.