IGNORED

Which game should be ported to ATARI 2600 ?

Donkey Kong Jr. (Coleco Tabletop Version)

I wouldn't mind that either, but the Coleco Tabletop version is basically Nintendo's tabletop version with some outside stickers. This version is also availabe in Panorama handheld. But yeah, it would definatly make a cool 2600 game.

Wonder how complex the Arcadia's 3D Bowling is... it might show the way to do a feasible 3d version. Of course, a 2600 version should be named RealSports Bowling.

Other non-arcade games I'd dig on the 2600...:

Quarxon (400/800)

UFO! (Odyssey 2)

Clu Clu Land (NES)

Quarth (GB)

Beachhead/Beachhead 2 (C64)... especially with the digitized screams

Gunpey (WonderSwan)

Wasn't someone working on a 2600 Beach Head? Thought I saw a title screen at some point in the past.

How about 2600 Space Channel 5 or better yet Dance Dance Revolution. The latter probably wouldn't work because you have to sync the arrows to the beats in the song.

A ton of C= 64 games could potentially make good 2600 conversions

How about Archon?

Other non-arcade games I'd dig on the 2600...:

Quarth (GB)

Quarth actually is an arcade game, though the GB one is a bit different from the arcade one. Still wouldn't mind having it ported along with other arcade puzzle games like Puyo Puyo.

Other non-arcade ports I would like to see (these might be a strech):

Bomberman (NES)

Atomic Punk/Bomber Boy (GB)

Star Soldier (NES)

Nemesis (GB)

Yie Ar Kung Fu 2 (MSX)

Anartic Adventure (MSX/CV)

Athletic Land (MSX)

Magical Tree (MSX)

Comic Bakery (MSX)

Knightmare (MSX)

Knightmare 2 (MSX)

Sky Jaguar (MSX)

Edited by BrianC

I'm liking Bomberman. Hell you could use Maze Craze's type of maze, except alot more open, and the bombs actually explode.

Duck Hunt wouldn't be any good, however a 3d outlaw would be awesome...

I beg to differ about Duck Hunt. I could make sprites for it that would be more than acceptable.

I'd like to see any of J. D. Casten's Atari 8-bit games ported to the 2600. These were type-in games published in Antic magazine back in the mid 80's.

Biffdrop and Box-In are my favorite. But then Rebound, Escape From Espsilon and Risky Rescue are great as well. Only Advent X-5--a text adventure--wouldn't be that great on the 2600.

J. D. Casten has even given permission on his website for anyone to modify or port his games to any system.

Here is a link to his games page. You can download the ROM's there.

http://www.jdcasten.info/Atari/Atari_Page.htm

• 2 weeks later...

...would you have liked to see for the 2600 and which ones could they have maybe really justice to given the tricks that seem to have been learned by that time?

I was always hoping that Zoo Keeper would have made it, though I can't see that many moving objects being done realistically. Even the arcade game freaks out when too much stuff happens but they DID mention it in a catalog so I was drooling for it.

I think a Blades Of Steel port would have been fun and doable

Also, Dragon Spirit, Star Force, 1943, Bubbles....for starters

...would you have liked to see for the 2600 and which ones could they have maybe really justice to given the tricks that seem to have been learned by that time?

I was always hoping that Zoo Keeper would have made it, though I can't see that many moving objects being done realistically. Even the arcade game freaks out when too much stuff happens but they DID mention it in a catalog so I was drooling for it.

Zookeeper was done. We just haven't found it yet...

Tempest

am not for sure if they had the rights to star castle or not i just remember playing it at a local arcade and thinking it would be awesome to play this game at home and i still think it would sweet to have a atari version.theres a vectrex version if i recall correctly.

Even if the market hadn't crashed, the 2600 would have.

I'm sure you were all looking forward to Street Fighter 2, but let's face it: the 2600 could pull off some clever tricks but it couldn't even pretend to play SMB or Marble Madness. Activision's shitty late-90s arcade conversions tell the tale.