IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Did anyone from here win this one tonight? I really wanted this one for my collection.

post-24893-0-29017600-1436145315_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271915519509?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bid on a similar one last year for $160 and won. This one my max bid was $200, and got sniped at the last minute at $205.

I figured everyone was on vacation for the 4th of July and wouldn't notice! ;-)

Did anyone from here win this one tonight? I really wanted this one for my collection.

attachicon.gif$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271915519509?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bid on a similar one last year for $160 and won. This one my max bid was $200, and got sniped at the last minute at $205.

I had it in my sights but it went WAY higher than I expected it to go. If that's the going cost of one of these, I'll never have one.

$_57.JPG

Actually $205 for this Press Kit is a steal compared to what it would have cost a couple years ago... say around $450.

While it's not as sexy as the 1983 Press Kits with all the individual flyers for games and hardware, this P.K. is the first Cv P.K. which also features and early prototype design of the system.

Whoever won it... money well spent!

• Like 1

Actually $205 for this Press Kit is a steal compared to what it would have cost a couple years ago... say around $450.

While it's not as sexy as the 1983 Press Kits with all the individual flyers for games and hardware, this P.K. is the first Cv P.K. which also features and early prototype design of the system.

Whoever won it... money well spent!

I have an 82 as well, but it doesn't have have that type of prototype with the White Bezel and blue buttons... I saw it but completely overlooked it... oh well, another one will show up some time in 2022 ...

I have an 82 as well, but it doesn't have have that type of prototype with the White Bezel and blue buttons... I saw it but completely overlooked it... oh well, another one will show up some time in 2022 ...

This is the first 1982 Press Kit that Coleco made available for dealer distribution and toy fairs held earlier in 1982. I assume that it was replaced for the summer CES show where the second revision P.K. with the more familiar looking CV console was pictured as well as the last revision hand controller with speed roller.

I have seen about 4 of these first revision P.K.s become available in the last five years including the one I own and there was a time when $550-$600 wasn't a stretch to pay for it.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

I'm still kicking myself for giving away the summer CES press kits I had in the early 2000s. I had like 5 or 6 copies of them, all complete with the flyers, and all in near mint condition that I just gave away to people I knew the games business when I moved house and stopped collecting. I'm sure some of them are actually sitting in your collections now! :P

• Like 1

Not so soon, check this seller: selling a Colecovision with very small games :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/colecovision-With-8-Games-/151746730440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2354cf59c8

I saw that one last night! I LOLed when I saw it, and I did actually consider messaging the seller to save them some headache later when a potential buyer couldn't get it all to work...

• Like 2

That seller is an idiot and he tries to corner the market on certain Atari games by buying them all on ebay and reselling them for stupid high prices . This is the first Colecovision item I remember him having .

Maybe he means 1,029.95 pesos... Of course there is always the payment plan...

1,029.95 or

172 for 6 months

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3016891363781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=301689136378&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

i get very irked when I see people buy up stuff and then resell them for astronomical numbers.

Like Victory for 60.00 is insane...IN SANE.

Ebay is starting to annoy me...the last 7 purchases I made...6 of the items were broken when they arrived. Granted I got my money back but that's not the point.

why are you saying TESTING AND WORKING when it CLEARLY wasn't. I ordered Colecvision Joysticks from a joker on Ebay...TESTING AND WORKING 100% but sold ASIS

I should have known something was up. I got them and both of them didn't work properly...One wouldn't go left the other wouldn't go up and its keypad didn't work.

Sometimes I just don't understand some people.

i get very irked when I see people buy up stuff and then resell them for astronomical numbers.

Like Victory for 60.00 is insane...IN SANE.

Ebay is starting to annoy me...the last 7 purchases I made...6 of the items were broken when they arrived. Granted I got my money back but that's not the point.

why are you saying TESTING AND WORKING when it CLEARLY wasn't. I ordered Colecvision Joysticks from a joker on Ebay...TESTING AND WORKING 100% but sold ASIS

I should have known something was up. I got them and both of them didn't work properly...One wouldn't go left the other wouldn't go up and its keypad didn't work.

Sometimes I just don't understand some people.

The world has become make money at any cost no matter who you hurt and what it costs. The small scale users are just learning from the big time corporation crooks who definitely rule the US if not the world.

yes I am jaded. :)