IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

The world has become make money at any cost no matter who you hurt and what it costs. The small scale users are just learning from the big time corporation crooks who definitely rule the US if not the world.

yes I am jaded. :)

I'm with ya man...so I guess...i guess i'm jaded too :(

Which ones don't you recognise? I'll check my set.

Here are the things that don't look quite right.
- Tunnels & Trolls (wrong image)
- Buck Rogers (wrong image)
- Horse Racing (don't remember that at all)
- Blackjack (wrong image)
- Smurfette's Birthday (image is from Papa Smurf's Treasure Hunt)
- Subroc (just says "New for '83, there should be an image)
- DK jr. (missing box image)
- Wizard of Wor (missing box image)
- Frenzy (missing box image)
- Dracula (missing box image)
- Space Fury (missing box image)
- Pepper II (wrong box image)
- Sword and the Sorcerer (missing box image)
- Space Panic (missing box image)
- Looping (missing box image)
- Gorf (missing box image)
- Zaxxon (wrong screen image)
- Comic Avenger (wrong screen image)
- Destruction Derby (missing box image)
- Wild Western (missing box image)
- Super Action Controller Set (different looking controllers)
- "Rocky Battles The Champ"? (don't remember that title)
Either they are repros or it is a previously unknown set of sheets. I'm learning toward repros. Of course I guess they could be proofs. It's just too hard to tell from the image quality.
The more I look at these, the more I'm thinking these are proof images (if they are not repros). Many of the sheets are lacking know elements to them. Who wants to spend the money to find out if these are legitimate?
Edited by pboland

- Tunnels & Trolls (wrong image)
- Buck Rogers (wrong image)
- Horse Racing (don't remember that at all)
- Blackjack (wrong image)
- Smurfette's Birthday (image is from Papa Smurf's Treasure Hunt)
- Subroc (just says "New for '83, there should be an image)
- DK jr. (missing box image)
- Wizard of Wor (missing box image)
- Frenzy (missing box image)
- Dracula (missing box image)
- Space Fury (missing box image)
- Pepper II (wrong box image)
Either they are repros or it is a previously unknown set of sheets. I'm learning toward repros.

The size 8.5x11.0" is common for posters? I thought immediately repros.

There were two releases/versions of this particular Press Kit (I have both). Both versions are known and are both noted at the end of NIADs Collector's List (v2.11). I have both versions and can confirm that the one for sale appears to be the earlier version of the two.

• Like 2

There were two releases/versions of this particular Press Kit (I have both). Both versions are known and are both noted at the end of NIADs Collector's List (v2.11). I have both versions and can confirm that the one for sale appears to be the earlier version of the two.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen this version of the press kit. The web has a lot of images, but not these that I could find. Thanks again for the info.

Right here's why I'm not a big fan of the repro boxes. Someone that is selling a "CIB" Donkey Kong. No mention of the box being a repro although it clearly is if you look closely. An experienced collector would know better, but not necessarily a new one that knows just enough that the DK box is so tough to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-Colecovision-1982-VERY-RARE-COMPLETE-CIB-/191645407768?hash=item2c9ef4da18

Right here's why I'm not a big fan of the repro boxes. Someone that is selling a "CIB" Donkey Kong. No mention of the box being a repro although it clearly is if you look closely. An experienced collector would know better, but not necessarily a new one that knows just enough that the DK box is so tough to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-Colecovision-1982-VERY-RARE-COMPLETE-CIB-/191645407768?hash=item2c9ef4da18

I contacted the seller about the box being a repro, but there's been no response yet.

EDIT:

My message to the seller ...

The box you have is not original. It even says that it's a reproduction, made in 2012, on the back of the box at the bottom .

His response ...

What's your point?

- cutlass_fury

UGH!

EDIT 2:

Looks like the seller stopped the auction.

Edited by goldenegg

I have no problem with repros themselves. It's a great idea since the majority of us folks aren't wealthy enough to afford the games selling for several hundred dollars, unfortunately I know that so many people are out there that are quick to make a buck at any cost. The repros are so good these days that people can easily pass them off for real making some serious cash at others expense. It sucks but it's the world we live in now.