IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Excellent! Glad you got it so fast. :)

What do you think of the overlays, by the way?

Actually I am glad you asked. The overlays are amazing and I want you to produce them for every game including super action football (soccer).

I believe coleco should have created their overlays with whatever you used they are definately stronger and will last longer than colecos produced overlays.

Actually I am glad you asked. The overlays are amazing and I want you to produce them for every game including super action football (soccer).

I believe coleco should have created their overlays with whatever you used they are definately stronger and will last longer than colecos produced overlays.

Yeah, they're more durable, but there's a minor problem with these homebrew overlays: The silver back can peel off a little bit along the edges. It's definately not a big problem, especially when the overlay is actually installed on a Super Action Controller. I'm just saying you should handle the overlays with care, to keep them in pristine condition.

If I do more SAC overlays, for whatever the game, I'll have to check for this slight defect with the silver back. I'll discuss it with my contact in Germany when the proper time comes.

If I do more SAC overlays, for whatever the game, I'll have to check for this slight defect with the silver back. I'll discuss it with my contact in Germany when the proper time comes.

It's called "Delam" and the ink chips off the plastic due to the die cutting process. A laser cut label should have less chance of this problem, the burn from the laser will partially melt the ink to the plastic. If they are cutting the labels with steel rule die, you could also switch to a color of ink that has better adhesion properties. White is more commonly used as a "Back-up" color, and has less of a chipping problem. Any metallic ink has adhesion problems. Hope this helps in the future.

It's called "Delam" and the ink chips off the plastic due to the die cutting process. A laser cut label should have less chance of this problem, the burn from the laser will partially melt the ink to the plastic. If they are cutting the labels with steel rule die, you could also switch to a color of ink that has better adhesion properties. White is more commonly used as a "Back-up" color, and has less of a chipping problem. Any metallic ink has adhesion problems. Hope this helps in the future.

Um, I just want to be absolutely clear on this: I'm talking about the back side of the overlay, not the front side. The back side of these homebrew SAC overlays have a silver finish, and that's where the chipping problem occurs. The front side has no chipping problem at all, and I expect the colors will last for many years.

Anyway, I'll definately give this problem proper consideration. :)

A silver label for a prototype...Right... :ponder:

My thoughts exactly. If there was even a remote chance that this was a real prototype, it would have been long gone by now. Unfortunately, someone will eventually bite on this and if they see this message, contact me so that I can dump it to prove that it's nothing more than the commercially released version.

Any idea as to what makes this R5 copy of Super Cobra so ULTRA Rare?

Call me stupid...but it looks just like my $37 copy.

It called salesmanship. ;) It works a lot of the time, especially when it's for something that someone really needs and wants for their collection, and I'm a prime example of this "when you gotta have it, you just gotta have it" thought process. Thankfully, I don't need this one as I got mine from Yurkie a couple years ago for roughly $24.

$339 is ridiculous, however, and you'll see this one re-listed at a lower price when the auction ends without any takers and then re-listed again and again before the seller brings down the price to a more reasonable amount.

Nah I have talked to this girl before on email. I guess I have no proof it is a girl :)

She overprices everything she wants to sell. She wanted to sell me Jungle hunt in a box without instructions and I was like well they can go to 300 on ebay sometimes but you don't have a manual so would you take $200. She was like I am not giving this stuff away and wanted $350. I was like if you hope to get those prices then you shouldn't talk to people you should just put your stuff on ebay. So I am not surprised that she wants a lot of money for a fairly common game.

Nah I have talked to this girl before on email. I guess I have no proof it is a girl :)

She overprices everything she wants to sell. She wanted to sell me Jungle hunt in a box without instructions and I was like well they can go to 300 on ebay sometimes but you don't have a manual so would you take $200. She was like I am not giving this stuff away and wanted $350. I was like if you hope to get those prices then you shouldn't talk to people you should just put your stuff on ebay. So I am not surprised that she wants a lot of money for a fairly common game.

That's funny because she bids $0.99 on all of my auctions :lol:

I do have those wich I will soon sell

- Venture "For CV & ADAM" label variant

- Victory "For Colecovision" label variant

I have them already, so it's all your's for the taking ColecoDan.

I was hoping to get my other "stuff" before X-Mas, but I guess that will have to wait. :(

A silver label for a prototype...Right... :ponder:

What does the color of the label have to do with anything?

My thoughts exactly. If there was even a remote chance that this was a real prototype, it would have been long gone by now. Unfortunately, someone will eventually bite on this and if they see this message, contact me so that I can dump it to prove that it's nothing more than the commercially released version.

I'm sure that it is the final version, not a WIP, but it's real nonetheless. More of a sample copy than a true "prototype", but that's subjective.

This could be a real prototype. The Odyssey 2 protos for games like KC Munchkin look like this one, which is a Probe 2000/Odyssey game.

Exactly. And so does this one...

post-9346-0-40091300-1356926816_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...