IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

So you're saying that these are bootleg carts he's selling, and that he's printing up manuals and boxes to go along with the carts he's making?

..Al

Well, if you look in the bad trader's thread, you can see what I went through. When I purchased my copy of Haunted House 3D from him, it had been cracked open, breaking the mean hamster safety seal...this tells me that the ROM was likely dumped. I wonder why someone would do such a thing? :ponder:

Ok, so someone just told me this guy goes by the name of Sergio, who I also know by the name of Danilo, and from his posts here, he seems to even have a 3rd name, Fernando. I have this guy address, he lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. But just to make sure I am not accusing the wrong person here, it would be great if someone who has made business with him before provide me with an address so we can double check. I actually had a small problem with this person early this year, but I better don't give the details until we can confirm.

Well, if you look in the bad trader's thread, you can see what I went through. When I purchased my copy of Haunted House 3D from him, it had been cracked open, breaking the mean hamster safety seal...this tells me that the ROM was likely dumped. I wonder why someone would do such a thing? :ponder:

Dumping the game allows him to play the game using a flash cart or emulation. Then he can sell the cart for the same price he purchased it for, and basically get the game for "free".

..Al

Ok, so someone just told me this guy goes by the name of Sergio, who I also know by the name of Danilo, and from his posts here, he seems to even have a 3rd name, Fernando. I have this guy address, he lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. But just to make sure I am not accusing the wrong person here, it would be great if someone who has made business with him before provide me with an address so we can double check. I actually had a small problem with this person early this year, but I better don't give the details until we can confirm.

I can confirm that Sergio and Fernando are the same person.

..Al

Dumping the game allows him to play the game using a flash cart or emulation. Then he can sell the cart for the same price he purchased it for, and basically get the game for "free".

..Al

I get that completely, but there are other reasons as well. There have also been too many red-flags with this clown over just the past few months to make me and many others think otherwise. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... :ponder:

• Like 1

I get that completely, but there are other reasons as well. There have also been too many red-flags with this clown over just the past few months to make me and many others think otherwise. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... :ponder:

Well, making repro carts from these games is new to me, if he's actually doing that.

..Al

I guess it is also possible that maybe he purchased his that way and someone else made a repo cart and screwed him because he bought it.

Then he did what Albert said and downloaded it so he could resell what he bought.

We told him he was crazy there is no way he could sell it for big money without a box so he found a way to create a box and there ya go.

Edited by ColecoDan

Ok, since it has been confirmed that Sergio, Fernando and Danilo are all different names this person uses, that is enough reason to me to think there is something wrong going on here. And this same guy also uses a Paypal account in name of Gabriela, which is even more strange.

Early this year I sold him 4 games. Then he contacted me saying that he never received the games and asking for a refund. Fortunately I had the custom declaration stub with proper mail stamp to prove I sent the games, so I offered replacement. Instead he asked me to give him credits towards the SGM and DKA, which to be honest had me wondering, but since I couldn't prove he never received the games, I agreed.

Now I am really suspicious about this guy, and seriously considering to cancel his SGM order.

• Like 1

Eduardo, send him a PM and say thanks for making a donation to the continuing good health of the ColecoVision Homebrew Scene... although he really is not out any money seeing as he more than likely did receive his initial order of games from you.

Just like bennybingo said, "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....". I read about your ordeal with him, bennybingo, the other day and still can't believe his response.

• Like 1

Ok, since it has been confirmed that Sergio, Fernando and Danilo are all different names this person uses, that is enough reason to me to think there is something wrong going on here. And this same guy also uses a Paypal account in name of Gabriela, which is even more strange.

Shame, Shame...know your name names!

I stand by my earlier statement...this guy/girl is a charlatan. I don't even need to know if he is bootlegging home-brews to know that he is a scammer. Just in how he sold me the bill of goods on the HH3D and then, when I publicly called him out on it, he took the stance he did...where are all the pitchforks and torches around here when we really need them???

Yeah, a replacement label for his Smurf Challenge because the label is not blue anymore!? Who experienced this!?

Its more about having opened the cart, dumped the rom and simply ask for a replacement label, then sell it on ebay.

Man, this guy is an ass!

Yeah, a replacement label for his Smurf Challenge because the label is not blue anymore!? Who experienced this!?

Its more about having opened the cart, dumped the rom and simply ask for a replacement label, then sell it on ebay.

Man, this guy is an ass!

Label on Smurf Challenge has not come lose at all. Only cart from you that did this is Burn Rubber. I glued that one back on yesterday.