IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I know I'm really jumping in late in the thread, maybe it's been mentioned before. After skimming through a lot of the thread and looking at the poll and peoples ideas and responses as much as possible, it seems to me people are trying to "keep up with the Jones's." Why try and make the game look as close as possible to some other version. Why not do the game on the Atari to the Atari's strengths and abilities and all it's graphic mode choices, and make a Prince of Persia that only the Atari can do. It's own very unique take on the game. Make the fans of the other computer versions envious of the Atari version! And think out of the box instead of trying to copy the box as close as possible. Just my two cents.

A game only for A8 ?

Look at this:

It's a G2F generate screen. Imagine the animating of the walls only, for depth movement. Having the Gr.9 always in some "angle look" and forming the PMg as good as possible. The green bar is the 4th "free" player ... red bars indicade the Missiles.

post-2756-0-93508200-1319999418_thumb.gif

Amazing Emkay...

Great!... Really, really great...

Now do the same as me... You aren't a coder nor me... Now go and battle to find someone to coded that.

The difference is that I think that would be possible, but I don't know if you find a coder ;)

That's always the same battle.

Welcome as the new member of this Club ;-)

I know I'm really jumping in late in the thread, maybe it's been mentioned before. After skimming through a lot of the thread and looking at the poll and peoples ideas and responses as much as possible, it seems to me people are trying to "keep up with the Jones's." Why try and make the game look as close as possible to some other version. Why not do the game on the Atari to the Atari's strengths and abilities and all it's graphic mode choices, and make a Prince of Persia that only the Atari can do. It's own very unique take on the game. Make the fans of the other computer versions envious of the Atari version! And think out of the box instead of trying to copy the box as close as possible. Just my two cents.

A game only for A8 ?

Look at this:

It's a G2F generate screen. Imagine the animating of the walls only, for depth movement. Having the Gr.9 always in some "angle look" and forming the PMg as good as possible. The green bar is the 4th "free" player ... red bars indicade the Missiles.

post-2756-0-93508200-1319999418_thumb.gif

Amazing Emkay...

Great!... Really, really great...

Now do the same as me... You aren't a coder nor me... Now go and battle to find someone to coded that.

The difference is that I think that would be possible, but I don't know if you find a coder ;)

That's always the same battle.

Welcome as the new member of this Club ;-)

You know, no chance for someone being interested. So no Club entering ;)

Edited by emkay

This is all just pointless bickering and isn't going to lead to us learning anything. I want answers to the important questions, like how did orpheuswaking resolve his testicular itch?

Thanks you remember that... I was too lazy that I forgot to post the last Weather situation here on the last week.

And there is always the Weather conditions that makes us sick these days when the weather turns...

And most important:

'Have you all sleep (and dream ;) ) one more Hour last Night?

And what about M25 Road trafic in England? No one cares?

That is really a problem that can only be related to IC19 here in Sintra->Lisbon Road...

See you don't care... What a shame, these are really important things:

post-6517-0-56143300-1320018810_thumb.jpg

Because you would never get to work on time...

This is what I would really like to be discussed here...

Better times will come, for sure!...

Edited by José Pereira

This is all just pointless bickering and isn't going to lead to us learning anything. I want answers to the important questions, like how did orpheuswaking resolve his testicular itch?

:ponder:

Perhaps doing some jump treatment with this sound :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmD68C8tD0&feature=related

Edited by José Pereira

???

well, I know my english isn't the best, but YOU really should have some lessons.

I'm not laughing at other's work. I'm laughing at what they write, when the writing is just a lame excuse or a "hidden attack of some helpless person".

No I shoudn't have some English lessons.

I am waiting that Goongle Translate really get a real and right translation.

I prefer to be here waiting for that... Google should do it because I want, I need,... in the same way as you want others to make those G2F,... the way you want!

Now that's funny :)

Now this is what it's really fun...

Some Months ago when we get to the Eurovision (all europe countries song contest) that we send to Europe some guys that have more Police arrests that many criminals will never have.

They are in New government taking place, in new Roads, in Strikes, in the Caothic Transit with an old Moto and they also were voted by the Portuguese by telephone to be in the Eurovision contest.

And the Eurovision contest taked place in Dusseldorf, yes, in Germany, the land of Emkay...

And this is a proof of concept that we here all speak bad english:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhjV6Ia9egg&feature=related

Eurovision will never have anymore guys like this... or probably will have ;)

Last Year the Jury didn't accept them, this year they were voted by guys like me by telephone and was almost a revolution here by the 'lettered guys' saying they would be clowns there... Clowns probably but if we never win that contest why take it so serious.

Good news is that they promise to enter in the contest in the next year and they can count with my vote! :thumbsup:

A real 'Proof of Concept' that we don't know how to speak/talk in English :D

Edited by José Pereira

Striking in Dussledorf streets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV4tylqgk7o

(always the Police... at 1:28)

And they also get some Chinese to their cause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpY0kOg5hvw&feature=related

The Strike Man in Reality here on Portugal:

-> A new transit Tunnel inauguration in Lisbon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rtqCV1xGk

(the Police trying to get them out of the Tunnel at 3:00,at 4:20 and at 5:20)

-> A new Government taking place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rtqCV1xGk

(The security and Policemen starts to fight them at 5:20, arrested at 5:54)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUKYeT5aA4k&feature=related

(they close a Gasoline station in a support to Al Gore: Use/Drink Beer instead of Gasoline, defend our Planet, the Blue Planet...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xeys6Vokbc&feature=related

(Invasion of a National Football train)

Invasion of a T.V. program that was in direct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKtssmN4lKk

Invasion of a Circus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECgiC2pobaQ&feature=related

(Bad end as always...arrested at the end)

Strike is Joy!...

This is not Politics just some Humour...

O.k. albert?

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira

PAL up to 25 fps, NTSC up to 20 fps...

Trap or free pass?

post-2756-0-91315000-1320047020_thumb.gif

Is that some kind of sword at the bottom? If so, how does that go over whoever you're fighting (the guy made form PMGs in the previous screen) while he's already got priority over the background he's standing on?

The problem I see is it's nothing to do with PoP original.

Yes, there's nothing, nothing.

But that is nothing new...

You know...

What Emkay with his ideas have more tham my Portuguese likes music?

My likes are music and his are what? Coding?

I just follow someone joke... even if that would seems out of topic.

This have lots of pages and how many really are related to PoP?

Edited by José Pereira

Good to see that the project is on track... Keep it up! :)

Good to have you here again.

We have it Up, we have it DOWN, we have it RIGHT, we have it LEFT...

We sure have all the ways... 3D ways...

(good as we have something related that isn't what others like... but at least it is trying to be PoP :)

The problem I see is it's nothing to do with PoP original.

Yes, there's nothing, nothing.

But that is nothing new...

You know...

What Emkay with his ideas have more tham my Portuguese likes music?

My likes are music and his are what? Coding?

Some people seem really to need their head to be set right ;)

May I remind you, this is an Atari Forum. Not a portuguese music forum.

Any further discussion is unnecessary.

I just follow someone joke... even if that would seems out of topic.

This have lots of pages and how many really are related to PoP?

Anything PoP related for A8 isn't wanted.

It begins with the starter of this thread, having no clue of what's possible, moves over buggy development software, and ends up where "100%" of the A8 is not wanted.

;)

Btw: Prince of Persia is also this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTSn4gFsUxc

We're not limited to a boring fully 2D game, we could use always the better "view" , to enhance gameplay.

Some scenes in 2D some scenes in 3D...

Oh no...

"Commodorians, we don't have such great PoP conversion... But at least we talked PoP 3D on Atari big time!"

Hopes are fading... :(

Well, I'm only talking about the better solution for the A8, because we have to wait for something to be finished. Because, the time might be endless... ;)

;)

Btw: Prince of Persia is also this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTSn4gFsUxc

We're not limited to a boring fully 2D game, we could use always the better "view" , to enhance gameplay.

Some scenes in 2D some scenes in 3D...

But that is a whole new game with the environments designed to work in conjunction with the 3D viewpoint - bolting that on to the original PoP levels would just be a disaster basically.

You could do it like the gameloft PoP remake on the 360, but to be honest I prefer the originals and the C64 remake - the 360 version has a tendancy to remove some of the precision of the control from you because cool looking animations seem to be the priority.

'you want to stop quickly? oh sorry - I'm halfway through a really awesome movement animation that I need to finish then I'll respond to the controls. oh shit, you just fell off the ledge after all.... oh well....'

In fact thinking about it a lot of games (particularly during the playstation 1 era) fell into that trap and PoP predates them and avoids the issue, which makes the game even more impressive.

Edited by sack-c0s