IGNORED

Silk Worm: WIP!

Philsan

From what I am seeing here and from other Eagle ideas it seems that all helicopters are soft sprites and that only PM it's the Jeep...

Is this saying that there wouldn't be anymore gfxs?

Or just some small ones done by PMs above the Jeep scanlines (like in Blood or the other colourfull scrolling Demo...)?

Rubbish - early 1980s thinking.

An enormous boss could be done occupying half the screen, moving via finescroll/LMS using practically no CPU. And other softsprite objects could easily exist with positional adjustment taking the scroll offsets into account.

Blabla ;)

Ofcourse it would work (?!). But the framerate will go down dramaticaly.

With those "charclusters" , you never have to do any background handling.

As soon as the background turns into graphics, the work gets multiplied. You have to change from cluster handling to full charmode softwaresprite handling.

Background is supposed to be a huge enemy aswell, but there is no serious solution yet.

Except you want something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eNq_rGVcz4

And he's using gr. 7 resolution at 32 bytes already.

You're bringing a totally irrelevant example into the argument.

You really need to rethink what you think is/isn't possible. One day, you're claiming that we can have a 3D PoP game playing like Tomb Raider at 25 FPS, the next you're saying a simple h-scroller can't have a boss object at the end of the level with a few other objects buzzing around.

Anyway - luckily Eagle seems to be totally able to deduce what can or can't be done without your static.

• Like 3

You're bringing a totally irrelevant example into the argument. You really need to rethink what you think is/isn't possible. One day, you're claiming that we can have a 3D PoP game playing like Tomb Raider at 25 FPS, the next you're saying a simple h-scroller can't have a boss object at the end of the level with a few other objects buzzing around.
Rethink. That's the main plot ;) The A8 has no possiblitiy to make such a game fully working. It simply has too less hardware moving objects. But, 3D based games can take profit by using the lower resolution of the used pixels. Making the CPU faster and graphics faster.
Anyway - luckily Eagle seems to be totally able to deduce what can or can't be done without your static.
I'd like to see a finished game though ;) Edited by emkay

Hey, it's a shooter, guys! Even if Eagle decides for e.g. a gradients-only background (I hope it won't stay black) and manages to get the moving objects keep the high quality instead, this still is a big achievement (as they are apparently still unused, I'd use PMG for the occasional tree/mountain and other non-destructable objects in the foreground, but I am not a programmer).

The game is in mode E
There is no chance on a colorful background.

:_(

Why not Mode4, multiple fonts, preshifted enemy definitions?

I have a passion for Silworm because in my school times I was responsible for the Students Association and one of the things I done was buying one of that pirate Chinese NES with Contra,... and some guys put their computers in school...

There wasn't many C64 here at that time and I think it was the first time I played on a C64.

Silkworm was the game that I think people most played.

I always wanted to see it on A8.

From my recent learnings, even that some of you think they aren't possible, even those I am still thinking in a way of...

Tezz how will you get all those sprites over gfxs?

C64 gfxs are in 4colours by scanline and sometimes only 3... but how this help? There would be always PF2&PF3 clash.

(not to enter in Eagle's work... just for talking and sharing ideas)

There wasn't many C64 here at that time and I think it was the first time I played on a C64.

Silkworm was the game that I think people most played.

I always wanted to see it on A8.)

The C64 version is "Yawn". The Amiga version also tops the Arcade by playing fun (Music and Sound "wowzers" ;) )

Full working A8 Version..... well.... you know.... GR. 7 ;)