IGNORED

New Game Announcement

By the way, D2K is only 28K and does not use bank switching or extra RAM. It could've been released in the 80s, albeit with a higher price tag (most games were not much bigger than 16K, although I think a few made it up to 24K).

Also to clarify: this game is not a direct port of D2K: Jumpman Returns. It does contain three of its five screens (with permission from the author), and also an Intellivision exclusive screen. Expect a great game, but one unique to the Intellivision.

So just to clarify even more, the official name is D2K, not DK2? :)

By the way, D2K is only 28K and does not use bank switching or extra RAM. It could've been released in the 80s, albeit with a higher price tag (most games were not much bigger than 16K, although I think a few made it up to 24K). Also to clarify: this game is not a direct port of D2K: Jumpman Returns. It does contain three of its five screens (with permission from the author), and also an Intellivision exclusive screen. Expect a great game, but one unique to the Intellivision.

I think World Series Major League Baseball was the only 24K release. The in-development game "Quest" was the other 24K game I've heard about.

I think 32K-decle games were very realistic within the lifetime of the original system. Heck, the original Super Mario Bros. appears to have been a 40K byte game, and that was the NES pack-in game in 1986.

Joe Zbiciak says his Intellivision cart can handle programs as big as 42k words (84k bytes) without bankswitching itself.

With bankswitching, it can handle up to 120K words (240K bytes).

Yep, and I have a big pile of them in my living room waiting to go into Intellivisions. :-)

Once you've ordered D2K, start saving up for Christmas Carol. It should be ready soon.

BTW, for folks in Canada: Willy and I are looking at what it'll take to make Games for Your Intellivision my official Left Turn Only distributor for Canada. If the numbers work, GFYI will distribute games for me in Canada, hopefully simplifying the customs situation and cutting the total shipping cost. It cost me about $16 USD per cartridge to ship to Canada when I did Space Patrol. I imagine it's worse now. It'll be easier just to send one big package to Canada than many small ones, so less paperwork for everybody, hopefully.

Excellent news Joe! Saving money on shipping for those of us in Canada just means we can buy more of your releases! :-D I can't wait to see both of these games. 2012 is turning out to be a very exciting year for our good old INTV!

By the way, D2K is only 28K and does not use bank switching or extra RAM. It could've been released in the 80s, albeit with a higher price tag (most games were not much bigger than 16K, although I think a few made it up to 24K).

Also to clarify: this game is not a direct port of D2K: Jumpman Returns. It does contain three of its five screens (with permission from the author), and also an Intellivision exclusive screen. Expect a great game, but one unique to the Intellivision.

So just to clarify even more, the official name is D2K, not DK2? :)

Luc, if you need any more INTV stuff, you let me know. We're rather friendly here. :-D

Joe Zbiciak says his Intellivision cart can handle programs as big as 42k words (84k bytes) without bankswitching itself.

Yep, and I have a big pile of them in my living room waiting to go into Intellivisions. :-)

Once you've ordered D2K, start saving up for Christmas Carol. It should be ready soon.

BTW, for folks in Canada: Willy and I are looking at what it'll take to make Games for Your Intellivision my official Left Turn Only distributor for Canada. If the numbers work, GFYI will distribute games for me in Canada, hopefully simplifying the customs situation and cutting the total shipping cost. It cost me about $16 USD per cartridge to ship to Canada when I did Space Patrol. I imagine it's worse now. It'll be easier just to send one big package to Canada than many small ones, so less paperwork for everybody, hopefully.

Hey Joe, Is that Upgraded (super pro) Space Patrol game still on the agenda?

That game still fetches hundreds on eGay, There is alot of demand for it still!!!

That game still fetches hundreds on eGay, There is alot of demand for it still!!!

Yes, I would like to complete it. It suffered a couple set backs this last year, but I think I should be able to pull something off this year. It'll be a nice upgrade to Space Patrol.

• Like 3

Yes, I would like to complete it. It suffered a couple set backs this last year, but I think I should be able to pull something off this year. It'll be a nice upgrade to Space Patrol.

I've said this before but I have no problem saying it again (and again if need be).....Space Patrol is flat out one of the best games EVER made for the Intellivision! It would be great for those that haven't had a chance to get a copy to be able to do so at some point, even better if it's an upgraded version. :)

I think "obsolete" is going a bit too far. It does, however, contain the original game with smoother graphics, better control, and more accurate enemy AI.

So if you're going to choose one over the other, this release is definitely the better deal (don't forget the four extra screens!).

The original release is still a fun game, but I definitely prefer the enhancements made to this edition.

Carl, does "more accurate enemy AI" just mean it'll kick our butts that much more? :-D Seriously though, could you please put a non-crazy hard option as I'm worried I'll never get to see those cool new screens due to lack of my guy living long enough. :)

"Ok wait a second, who do I email in order to get one when they come out?"

You email gamesforyourintellivision at Hotmail dot com

There is a link at

www.gamesforyourintellivision.com

I noticed your site went live a little while ago.

Im spreading the word for you guys.

On multiple forums. ;)

Edited by revolutionika

"Ok wait a second, who do I email in order to get one when they come out?"

You email gamesforyourintellivision at Hotmail dot com

There is a link at

www.gamesforyourintellivision.com

I noticed your site went live a little while ago.

Im spreading the word fot you guys.

On multiple forums. ;)

let the pimping begin in earnest.

More accurate enemy AI should actually make the game a tad bit easier. The flames are less aggressive about going up ladders, they also move more slowly to the left and pop more slowly from the oil drums (at lower levels). Your ability to "control" the barrels is now there, if you discover it's secret. So certainly, the capacity to do better is there. ;-)

As for the new levels, they are in Game 2, so you'll be able to dive right in. These are, however, quite challenging.

The controls are way more responsive. At least for Game 1, I think people are going to find it a little more easy-going.

Carl

• Like 2

More accurate enemy AI should actually make the game a tad bit easier. The flames are less aggressive about going up ladders, they also move more slowly to the left and pop more slowly from the oil drums (at lower levels). Your ability to "control" the barrels is now there, if you discover it's secret. So certainly, the capacity to do better is there. ;-)

As for the new levels, they are in Game 2, so you'll be able to dive right in. These are, however, quite challenging.

The controls are way more responsive. At least for Game 1, I think people are going to find it a little more easy-going.

Carl

Is there a mani menu or something where you can choose between the 2 games?

Also, will you post up a gameplay video on youtube or one of those GIF's on your site or something?

It would be nice to see the new levels in action.