IGNORED

New Game Announcement

People are putting too much into the word obsolete.

The other version got put on cart before it should have been put on cart.

This version includes every bit of gameplay that DK Arcade had.

However, it looks better, controls better, sounds better, is bug free and includes another game.

You decide which copy you want.

I think the problem is that you're thinking as a straight engineer here. People do attach emotion to words, rather than just the strict meaning. The Intellivision itself is "obsolete", but that doesn't mean it's a waste to get one.

People are putting too much into the word obsolete.

The other version got put on cart before it should have been put on cart.

This version includes every bit of gameplay that DK Arcade had.

However, it looks better, controls better, sounds better, is bug free and includes another game.

You decide which copy you want.

I think the problem is that you're thinking as a straight engineer here. People do attach emotion to words, rather than just the strict meaning. The Intellivision itself is "obsolete", but that doesn't mean it's a waste to get one.

AArrghh.......just when i thought it was over. :grin:

Question on the logistics of getting a much coveted D2K.

Is it going to be through the emailed expressions of interest (read: I want it, I want it, I want it)?

going to an order page on http://gamesforyourintellivision.com/ ?

or an order page on http://www.elektronite.com/ ?

combination of the three? or none of the above?

Question on the logistics of getting a much coveted D2K.

Is it going to be through the emailed expressions of interest (read: I want it, I want it, I want it)?

going to an order page on http://gamesforyourintellivision.com/ ?

or an order page on http://www.elektronite.com/ ?

combination of the three? or none of the above?

just go to the 'gamesforyourintellivision' website and scroll down and email them to be on the mailing list.

Just e-mailed to be put on the mailing list. I'm definitely down for a copy.

I also want to say that I appreciate those people who are continuing to produce games for the Intellivision. Dave Harley has done an amazing service for years for the Intellivision community and, I hope, will continue to do so for many years to come...Valter has been holding up the Intellivision name wonderfully...and it's fantastic to have another group, gamesforyourintellivision, doing the same. Thanks to all!

• Like 2

I also want to say that I appreciate those people who are continuing to produce games for the Intellivision. Dave Harley has done an amazing service for years for the Intellivision community and, I hope, will continue to do so for many years to come...Valter has been holding up the Intellivision name wonderfully...and it's fantastic to have another group, gamesforyourintellivision, doing the same. Thanks to all!

Well said and I'm down for a copy as well :)

thanks a lot! and, just to note, I'm part of the gamesforyourintellivision group that will produce Elektronite games :-)

I feel that intv scene is finally growing in terms of quality, number of projects and exposure, so the motivation is still here for me. [Valter]

Just for everyone's information......

www.elektronite.com will be released to us soon.....Valter has to get his webmaster to let us put information on the site.......and will be the website for all elektronite games.......any orders will jump over to 'gamesforyourintellivision' when we get the order system in place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Better yet, contact David Harley. He has been sent bug-corrected image of the original. He has already expressed a willingness to reprogram his cartridges with this image. If that's all you want, have your copy updated and do not buy D2K Arcade.

Carl, that's one way you can redeem yourself from this fiasco. Make David Harley replace everyone's Donkey Kong Arcade with the version that should have been released the first time; D1K. This way you look good and he gets screwed for releasing an early version of your game (as Games for your Intellivision sez).

So great to have fresh, constructive opinions around here.

Thanks Intvnut. I am glad to see someone else finds it a good idea to allow those of us that already bought the "first" version to get it upgraded. I really feel ripped off. Why did Carl allow it to get published before it was ready?

So great to have fresh, constructive opinions around here.

Lol! Countdown to ban in 5,4,3,2.....

Really??? A ban for saying what Intvnut said? Come on man. I thought we all loved the Intellivision (except for that harley guy). We should all work together to get NEW games out. Not figure out ways to repackage games that were already sold. I am running out of ways of getting money from the girlfriend.