IGNORED

What Genesis game are you playing right now?

MagitekAngel

Just got Double Dragon and Bubsy! :)

Was your DD boxed? Thats a tougher one to find (accolade) now I find it also has a box variation...good thing I'm not a completionist :)

Oh - MERCS for me right now in genesis-land

Yep, fantastic condition CIB Double Dragon, now part of the permanent collection. Mercs is awesome. That was one of my favorites back in the day. Lent it to a friend and it came back with a condition downgrade though.

• 3 weeks later...

I just beat Zoom (terrible) and Asterix and the Great Rescue (quite good though not for all tastes). I've been thinking about making another attempt on Super Hydlide (which I gave up on right before the end) or Star Odyssey (which erased all my saved games right before the end), but I'm not sure if I have the patience.

Today is Streets of Rage and Virtua Racing. Still fun. I wish Sega would make a PSO style Streets of Rage, kind of a dungeon brawl style with drops like upgraded bats, knuckles, etc. A bar could be the central hub and four at a time could "quest." Seems obvious to me, but Sega likes to

et old propertties fade away or come back completely half baked.

I wish Sega would make a PSO style Streets of Rage, kind of a dungeon brawl style with drops like upgraded bats, knuckles, etc. A bar could be the central hub and four at a time could "quest."

That Final Fight game for the XBox was kind of like that. Not online though, and IIRC the multiplayer is just a stripped down "arcade mode" sort of thing.

I guess everybody hated that game and gave it really bad reviews, but I have no idea why, I liked it a lot.

I just beat Zoom (terrible)

Terrible's a little harsh, I like to call it "different"

Maybe it is a bit harsh, but after playing through it twice and seeing no progression whatsoever (other than the fact that the second loop is a bit harder), the whole thing just felt painfully lazy and repetitive. One level of it is fine, but 72 of the same thing..."C'mon boy! C'mon boy! C'mon boy!"

BTW to update, I beat Galaxy Force II yesterday. Actually, I beat it five times, steadily increasing the difficulty settings until it got up to Hard difficulty with a Weak shield and a Normal timer. I was barely able to beat it on that setting, and I have no idea how it'd be doable with a Hard timer unless you had an absolutely perfect run.

In between sessions of that, I tried a couple of games for basically the first time. First I played Warrior of Rome a bit on my own, and then played Soldiers of Fortune (aka Chaos Engine) with my fiancée.

I thought I was going to hate Galaxy Force II -- when I first tried it out I was very put off by it. But after a couple attempts, I got the hang of it and ended up enjoying it quite a bit (enough to beat it five times in two days!). It's got serious issues with sprite breakup, but otherwise it's totally playable and even fun. It reminds me of Marble Madness in a weird way, since at heart it's really a timer-based game. And like Marble Madness it's got some great FM tunes.