IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

So the normal version to all of in the U.S., which IIRC, was only ever sold on disk in the states. I believe Bruce Lee was one of the last that came with both tape and disk in the box. By the time Zorro was released later, like most U.S. publishers, Datasoft had finally fazed out tape releases completely.

Yep, exactly :)

This one is sad.  I was fortunate to see him perform live.  I don't recall the date now - it was sometime in the late 2000s, he was on stage for damn near 3 hours.  Wouldn't stop talking to the audience, was inviting people up on stage just to chat.  RIP funny man, I was a fan since 1982.

Stephen_Gallagher_RIP.thumb.png.bd5eb21e8aaf2693083cac21c61489b5.png

Stephen_Gallagher_RIP.xex

• Like 5

On 11/26/2022 at 3:09 AM, MrFish said:

I'm not overly familiar with the timeline of the clone wars; but according to this article, they were already gaining ground in '86 -- but more so in the consumer sector, whereas IBM was still holding on in the corporate arena. So, it looks like clones had been out for a few years before that already.

But, yeah... I was generally talking about IBM taking a massive beating after that '87 magazine picture -- which just got worse and worse into the '90's and the Windows/Wintel era.

Atari introduced the PC1 - PC5 machines in 1987, and the ABC machines came out in 1990 (as did the TT that you mention). Atari PC Hardware

Here's a site devoted to the PC1 - PC5.

Thanks for clearing up Atari's PC clone history for me, I couldn't remember off the top of my head which line was newer.

58 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

Thanks for clearing up Atari's PC clone history for me, I couldn't remember off the top of my head which line was newer.

It's not a subject that's discussed much. I had to look it up myself.

Personally, I'd like to see a forum devoted to them on here. I know it'd be pretty dead by comparison to the other forums; but it could get more people interested, and provide a place of discussion for those who are already interested/owners. I mean, the lines were pretty extensive, if rather short-lived. That website I linked to about the PC1 - PC5 shows there's interest; and, of course, there are other sites (AtariMuseum, etc.).

• Like 1

it's based on the Reading Rail Road Crusader (others like it have their names and markings)

folks use this as their base because it looks futuristic enough for steampunk and juxtaposition of the old and new. Don't let Batman scare you away from a ride though, he sits above the clock in a number of different renderings...

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it's based on the Reading Rail Road Crusader (others like it have their names and markings)

folks use this as their base because it looks futuristic enough for steampunk and juxtaposition of the old and new. Don't let Batman scare you away from a ride though, he sits above the clock in a number of different renderings...

He was atop the clock in this image too, but I cropped him out for a close-up of the train and clock walkway. It wouldn't have looked much like Batman anymore if I'd kept the statue in (as the lower half of the statue that is still in the image attests too), due to the low resolution, especially since I couldn't crop the image enough to get both the statue and full train in the image.

I had forgotten Batman was in the image until you mentioned it...this image I've attempted a dozen times over a year or two, not being satisfied and setting it aside to retry again later. I think I could have gotten a decent image sooner, if I could have flipped the image horizontally to work better with Rastaconverter's color-change screen layout, but then the text for 'Crown Station' would have been reversed as well. So it wasn't an option.

Here is an image of the actual Crusader I just went and looked up after you mentioned it. I think I'll attempt a conversion of this Crusader image now.

RRCrusader.thumb.jpg.a327232a301d6215036062edb946c4f3.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

2 hours ago, Mauro Rodriguez said:

wich is the artist who made the original? can you quote?

can you upload the original photo

times of convertion

GREAT CONVERTION GREAT !! i love it

The original image was posted above (about 3 replies up) by @bfollett, except it's a mirrored image. No idea who the original artist is. 

It's been a good while since I've been able to convert anything.

For some reason after a Windows system crash with RC whilst running a conversion back the summer my Win10 laptop refused to run RC from that point onwards. (It would just jump out of it everytime I ran it) :?

Other commitments, etc got in the way of me attempting to fix it, but I've just revisited the issue. Still not right and I am still having crashes or RC is just refusing to start an image. (I suspect it is a Windows runtime issue or something related).

I've tried installing RC in a different folder from scratch and it allows me to start some conversions but frustratingly not convert them to XEXs. Thankfully I can use the original install of RC to do this if I copy over the files to it's RC folder - so between the two at least I can do some things.

Anyways - I've managed to kick start a few conversions (currently running), and also resume one I'd started back in the Summer.

Here it is. An image from Star Trek Lower decks series. Really please the hyperdrive warp effect lines came out well in the conversion to give it a sense of momentum.:D

Lowerdecks ship

320*200 letter box image  - Fixed and centrered with Sheddy's tools

63 unique colours

(image grab from Altirra with pal high artifacting enabled)

image.thumb.jpeg.df40aa3d3b5f98353bf94dcee559ee3a.jpeg

Beeblebrox_Lowerdecksshipsm1_02_Fixed_centered.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 8

Another conversion. My RC setup still seems to be holding up despite the Windows issues.

Gamora, (Zoe Saldana), from Guardians of the Galaxy:

5 bill evaluations

102 unique colours

Dither used (I may try this conversion another time without dither).

Mask applied

320*240 - Fixed with Sheddy's tools

(image grab from Altirra with pal high artifacting enabled)

image.thumb.jpeg.4f836c0bccc80feb473c0a4e9bdf8159.jpeg

Beeblebrox_GamoraDec2022_23_Fixed.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1