IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

BLACKOUT! Is officially released and ready for purchase!

For the moment we only have 23 copies available (out of the planned 25 due to bad chips).

If these copies do well, we will do a second release of 25 carts, and then a third larger release for CD. Followed by the free binary release!

Key features of the game:

• BJL Loader.

Yes, that’s right! This game can also be used as a development tool for aspiring coders!

• Game Box

Printed in non-laminated uncoated cardstock similar to the original box style and designs used for old Jaguar releases. We went against the glossy boxes because lamination peels over time. This release includes original Atari bags, white cardstock inserts, and game instruction card. Each box is numbered.

Game Features

4+stages with over 40 levels total.

Power-ups, a timer, pumping music by C-Trix, and some goofy extras.

This game is more than just another lights out.

Media:

2dag3gw.jpgv7y1rt.jpg

NOTE:

50hz PAL Mode is disabled in this release. This is due to originally starting with buggy video code and finding this out much later in development. Reworking to accommodate PAL video mode would be more trouble than its currently worth at the moment, which would delay the release considerably. We apologize in advance for those using only PAL systems, however a 50/60HZ Mod switch will take care of this as the video mode for the game only runs in NTSC 60hz. If booted on a PAL machine it will display an error message informing of the swap necessary. Future developments have already had this issue resolved and should not be a problem.

We personally dont believe in releasing a certain number of hard copies and then not making it available to download for those that have missed out and causing people to resell releases for insane prices. Hence the free release later on. We hope this helps curb the issue a little bit...

Your continued support of homebrew development releases from ANY group will allow developers to continue releasing hard copies for those that would like them.

Check out website for a Paypal purchase link and please limit to 1 copy if possible so everyone may have a chance. If the link doesn’t allow you to purchase anything, that means we ran out of copies.

Enjoy!!

www.stormworksinteractive.com

• Like 16

Thanks all for the support!!!

We are excited to finally have this off the burner and into the hands of jaguar fans!!

Packaging was all done by Jag_slave himself. Hats off to shawn for the patience and time to make the box as close to the real deal as possible.

If enough demand is there after this run, we will re-invest into another run :) (CD is still a posibility here also)

• Like 2

Great news!

We personally dont believe in releasing a certain number of hard copies and then not making it available to download for those that have missed out and causing people to resell releases for insane prices. Hence the free release later on. We hope this helps curb the issue a little bit...

And a massive +1 for trying to prevent that.

• Like 8

Will this 50Hz problem be rectified at a later date? im just thinking of people around that might want this but dont have the expertiease needed to do this mod if thet dont have a 60Hz jag currently. i know its a simple mod but some people cannot solder to save their life :(

• Like 1

Not sure honestly on the 50hz fix... possibly in another cart release maybe or CD or skunk release.. As of right now at the moment, we have no plans to do so. I myself feel quite bummed out that the pal video code didnt go as planned... I REALLY didnt want to have to lock out pal mode but trust me it looks goofy if its enabled as it sits now. If we hadn't pushed this out the door in its finished state (other than the pal issue) we would have sat on it for another 6 months probably changing things un-necessarily and delaying the game even more. There technically is never a "stopping" point in game production. its done when you think its done, otherwise you could be toying with it forever.

Im not quite sure if the skunk is avail still.... Jagware does have a flashcart they may be releasing, but not quite sure on that either. Might check goatstore.com and see if they still have them. i THOUGHT i heard they had a few left maybe?!?

Anyhow, as long as you have a parallel port (db25 connector) and a bjl cable or make one (schematics are found around online) or buy an adaptor from morethangames you should be good to go.

Are there any video clips of it in action? be interesting to see!

Congrats on your first release.

Shame about the PAL/NTSC bug! I am sure it should be simple to fix, got an idea what it may be (having done similar myself with Reactris but the other way around :D )

Are there any other Jag flash carts available now? I'd hate to buy your game as flash cart first, but..

Little correction here, i dont want to mis-guide you. Blackout wont work as a flash cart but will allow you to upload homebrew programs to the jaguar's system ram to run them which is what skunk does as well but allows you to FLASH to the cart if the program runs from the cart.

Are there any video clips of it in action? be interesting to see!

Congrats on your first release.

Shame about the PAL/NTSC bug! I am sure it should be simple to fix, got an idea what it may be (having done similar myself with Reactris but the other way around :D )

Ill see if we cant get a vid up here soon.

• Like 3

Sounds weird but I'm not 100 sure I have a NTSC system. Need to check as I have 3 systems. 1 I use and 2 sat in the boxes from new.

If this game is booted on a PAL machine will it do any damage to system or game.

Just checking as don't want to try and nacker something up!

Sounds weird but I'm not 100 sure I have a NTSC system. Need to check as I have 3 systems. 1 I use and 2 sat in the boxes from new.

If this game is booted on a PAL machine will it do any damage to system or game.

Just checking as don't want to try and nacker something up!

If the game is booted on a pal machine it will just display a red screen with white text stating that the game needs to be inserted into an NTSC 60hz machine. This wont do any sort of damage to the jaguar console or the game.

Generally if your jaguar has a Green light by the power button, then it is a PAL unit. If it is red however, it is NTSC.

Edited by rush6432