IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Playing Dragon Warrior IX. The companions have no dialog or story really takes away from this game.

That's the drawback of being able to create your own party, Dragon Warrior III was the same way.

If it really bothers you that much, you can play the game solo without any companions.

everything about that game looked horrible in the horrible tv commercial for it.

I don't watch TV, so I haven't seen any commercials for it B)

It's not something you can really sink your teeth into, but it's good for a quick ten-minute fix. It's probably boring if you don't have any friends who own 3DSes, though.

• Like 1

Just picked up Bravely Default and so far the game is absolutely fantastic. I'm usually a late bloomer to the rage, I suppose, but this game is really well done. It reminds me very strongly of the Final Fantasy series, which I absolutely adore, so this game is right at home in my VERY small 3DS library.

• Like 1

The problem with Animal Crossing (if you get hooked) is that it draws you in every day. And if you're not playing, you're wondering if you should because you might have missed something otherwise. :( I love the series, but the maintenance every day can get to be a bit much. However, so far with Bravely Default I'm having a blast. Great game...taking my time and leveling up my characters before tackling other areas.

I heard tell Castlevania III is coming out or is out for the virtual console...that might be worth a buy.

My 9 year old daughter has been saving for a 3ds and we finally picked it up yesterday. I paid the extra $30 for the XL version since I expect to be using it from time to time. She is super excited. First game she wanted was Nintendogs and Cats. LOL. :)

• Like 1

I just got a circle pad pro and started to play Resident Evil Revelations. RE: Rev is pretty good so far and the dual analog control is nice.

I'm going to download the FPS Moon Chronicles tonight on the eShop, as that looks like a solid game. I wish publishers would take more chances (or maybe Nintendo isn't courting them like they should) and bring more FPSs and first person dungeon crawler RPG's to the DS. Ports of Quake, Unreal, Orcs and Elves, etc. would be cool in 3D. Oh well, not in the cards this gen. :-\

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

I love the series, but the maintenance every day can get to be a bit much.

That's what I like about Tomodachi Life, it's a lot quicker to get in and get out.

I was kind of bummed about one thing though; I hadn't played for a couple days, and by the time I got back to it, my brother's baby was already full grown and leaving the nest :(

Been trying to get back into AC lately. It gets kind of boring once you've collected everything you want to collect (though there's still a few bits of clothing I need), and turns into a money grind...I should probably go to the island more, but whenever I think of it, I'm not in a mood to put that many hours in.

Been hearing great things about Shovel Knight, but I'm not sure whether to buy it for the 3DS, Wii U, or my computer! Augh!

I'm definitely going for the 3DS version.

...besides the fact that I don't have a Wii U yet...

Ports of Quake, ... Orcs and Elves, etc. would be cool in 3D. Oh well, not in the cards this gen. :-\

Well Carmack left id, so I have doubts that will happen.

• Like 1

Still haven't grabbed a new 3DS game just yet.. But I am pretty deep into Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies at the moment.. Turning out to be a wonderful, casual RPG.. Great/easy/addictive combat.. Spent 30+ hours so far..

• Like 1

Dragon Quest...casual...? o_O

Not sure if sarcastic... lol..

Yea its pretty casual, as in anyone can pick up and play it.. There's no complex leveling or story... Its all pretty straight forward, like most of the games in the series (at least the ones I've played) seem to be.. Just attack, get experience, level up, explore, repeat. Not a lot of brain power needed.. This is what I mean when I say casual..

Still playing Yoshi's New Island, most of the way through world 2. I'm trying to go slow and collect everything I can, but I still miss quite a bit. One problem I keep running into is ground pounding when pressing down. Is there a way to turn that off? I don't want to change the control scheme completely, just that one part.

Yea its pretty casual, as in anyone can pick up and play it..

I guess you can look at it that way...

It seems like the older I get, the more my games get branded as "casual" =| Before you know it, social media and pay-to-play will be the new hardcore, and everything else will be casual.

• Like 1

I guess you can look at it that way...

It seems like the older I get, the more my games get branded as "casual" =| Before you know it, social media and pay-to-play will be the new hardcore, and everything else will be casual.

Wha?! Farmville is totally a hardcore game.. :grin:

• Like 1