IGNORED

HSC9 Round 14: HSC Olympics

therealbountybob

Objection ;) It's not Caco score just mine. See post #93

His result is 1295 if I remember corectly... post #16

Objection sustained :D

Tables Updated

Star League Baseball - Team USA

Not sure what the scoring criteria is here for losing games...run differential?

Two more losses...but getting better...

Lost 10-2

Lost 14-4

Yes I'll take the best differential so 10-2 puts USA in for a Bronze ;) Now can you explain the entire rules of Baseball to me... ok just why does the game end at the 9th innings - can a team potentially score an unlimited amount of runs in an innings? I found pulling right as I hit seemed to do better - only seemed to get Home Runs when I had some of the bases loaded. You can sneak a step forward. I just pressed Start at the options screens: start and 7th innings - think these options make the game harder?

One on one: wins 21:8 and 21:8 (both players):

Equestrian: 9:22

Skeet Shot: 535

Tell: 3160

You know you can press fire to jump OVER the obstacles :D

Hint: try slowing down before them and pushing up when jumping... diagonals useful too ;)

(remember it's Horse 1 Course 1, H2 C2 and H3 C3 folks)

c'mon McKong :spidey:

Explain the rules of baseball??? Seriously??? Have you ever seen an actual baseball rule book? It's big and complicated.

But if you're serious on your questions...

Why does a game end at nine innings - that's just the set amount of innings that are played. If the two teams are tied, then they keep playing until either the home team scores in which case the game ends immediately, or the visiting team scores and prevents the home team in their half of the inning from either tying or going ahead.

Yes, a team could potentially score an unlimited number of runs in an inning...but this is unlikely to happen in real baseball because players tire, make mistakes, and otherwise find ways to make an out.

The hitting and home runs in this game have no bearing on real baseball. Of course. I would imagine the actual physics of the bat hitting a pitched ball at a certain angle come into play, but that is based entirely on skill rather than anything else.

I actually thought my game was over at 7 innings (some levels of baseball like high school only play 7 innings), but when I pressed start to start a new game I noticed I continued on into the eighth inning. I guess this game has a built in "7th inning stretch" where there sometimes is a short break in play while everyone sings "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and they drag the infield to smooth it out.

I took a step forward...and kept going. didn't know you could steal bases in this game. I only made it once though.

Objection sustained :D

Tables Updated

Yes I'll take the best differential so 10-2 puts USA in for a Bronze ;) Now can you explain the entire rules of Baseball to me... ok just why does the game end at the 9th innings - can a team potentially score an unlimited amount of runs in an innings? I found pulling right as I hit seemed to do better - only seemed to get Home Runs when I had some of the bases loaded. You can sneak a step forward. I just pressed Start at the options screens: start and 7th innings - think these options make the game harder?

L Golf 2

course 1 novice +42

i really messed up hole 15 :-o

course 2 novice +24

that's more like it. :)

this game has alot of wind when i putt. i miss alot of easy putts.

the only wind when you putt... lets not go there.... the slope of the hill is what you mean :D now here's a little trbblgbII secret - if you aim l/r the same distance as the slope's line length (not the upright line) it's usually about right :) The 2nd course seems much easier so practice on that one! Another hint is to use Irons from the tee :ponder:

L Golf 2 novice

course 3 +27

course 4 +23

:thumbsup: erm... we're only playing courses 1 & 2 but I'll award you a bonus HSC point for being so keen ;)

I've just replayed Course #1 and was doing "quite well actually don't you know" [said in posh accent] then lost it near the end but still managed a respectable +9 on Pro... (35+46=81)

Earlier played L.A. Games got much further but was physically a bit much (I must do more training for 4 years time :D ) 128,271 looks like you get an extra man possibly after completing the 1st round of events?

post-19705-0-61539700-1348444899.jpg

post-19705-0-48245700-1348444904.jpg

• Like 1

:thumbsup: erm... we're only playing courses 1 & 2 but I'll award you a bonus HSC point for being so keen ;)

I've just replayed Course #1 and was doing "quite well actually don't you know" [said in posh accent] then lost it near the end but still managed a respectable +9 on Pro... (35+46=81)

Earlier played L.A. Games got much further but was physically a bit much (I must do more training for 4 years time :D ) 128,271 looks like you get an extra man possibly after completing the 1st round of events?

I thought we were playing all 4 courses. :(

thanks for the extra point. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

new score for course 1 novice +21 :)

when's the next game poll go up?

I thought we were playing all 4 courses. :(

thanks for the extra point. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

new score for course 1 novice +21 :)

when's the next game poll go up?

Good point, this round has a couple of weeks to go so probably next weekend... players wanting some space blasting action might want to checkout the new Star Raiders thread (pinned) :) You find on Leaderboard Golf that you soon get into the swing of things and it's really only a few holes where you end up wasting loads of shots - usually it's when you have left a ball near an edge and as the games always displays the hole centre screen you then have to aim for a side section to lay up, which is very tricky - to avoid this try and stay wide / don't shortcut holes if you can :ponder:

Another batch of scores for Team Polska from innuendo :thumbsup: ... good job bluecat is back in the country for team GB ;)

Equestrian 10:11

One on One 36:86 (lost)

Equestrian is 3 races (see post #2) and in One on One you play the short game - select Up to 21 POINTS from the game options screen ;)

Have been playing BMX Sim loads but keep crashing at high speed - managed a 22.0 second first race! I think it's possible to beat the computer on the 3rd race if you get a move on but I've not quite managed it yet? DieMON/anyone? [edit - I just overtook him on the left side - you can get a full speed lock on and go right round the top! then I crashed!!!]

Skeet Shoot 1,550 :)

post-19705-0-79356200-1348502496.jpg

Edited by therealbountybob